Clubplanet Nightlife Community

10:24 - Scumfrog, Aaron Liberator, A-Sides

asian

Scumfrog at Cübik this weekend!

FRIDAY, OCT. 24, 2003: REVENGE OF THE SCUMFROG [ re-scheduled from 09.19 ]

Dutch DJ, the Scumfrog, is well known for his brilliant remixes of Dirty Vegas’ “Days Gone By†and Kylie Minogue’s “Love at First Sight†-- a Scott Henry favorite in 2002. Scumfrog’s biggest fans include some of the world’s most respected DJ’s: Danny Tenaglia, Roger Sanchez and Pete Tong.

As one of the Liberator “brothersâ€, Aaron, (like label-mates Chris and Julian) regularly plays across the UK, Europe and beyond; however, they are still to be found playing at illegal parties in London most weekends. Aaron's style of music covers everything from underground techy house to hard techno, whilst keeping it funky and trippy with a freestyle attitude.

Honey Cübe:

Rhythm Box: drums, bass and junglism

Rübik Room: nü wave 80’s | electro | retrotechno

Outdoor Cübana: All Good Funk Alliance Takeover

LTJ Bukem -- 10.22

ALIAS -- 10.23

CüBIK -- 10.24

Details below:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Diesel, Diesel Style Lab, Ben Sherman, Puma, Nike, French Connection, Kenneth Cole, Lucky Brand up to 75% off regular price:

http://www.buzzlife.com/mssg_brd/showthrea...&threadid=20606

From now until October 31, Bluefly is offering $15 off an order of $150 or more to all first time customers. Enter ‘FIRST15’ without the quotes into the promo code field before you hit “SUBMIT†at checkout and your total will reflect the savings. Another offer is $10 off an order of $100 or more when you enter 'FIRST 10' or 'DAILYE10' without the quotes. The code is only good for new customers.

Regular customers should enter ‘FALLFLY’ [without the quotes] to receive 15% off any purchase of $150 or more. This code expires October 31.

Use the above link to get the discount.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ALIAS is currently in-between DJ battles. Kudos to DJ Haaps who won the Shape The Future contest last Thursday. Next week we begin to Erase The Past with our second wave of nominated DJ’s. What better way to fuse the two weeks than with a look back at our musical roots this Thursday.

We need your help though. Below are just some of the classics that defined the first ‘golden era’ of jungle/drum ‘n’ ‘bass. Reply to this post to suggest records that you’d like to hear this Thursday:

Super Sharp Shooter - Ganja Cru, Pulp Fiction - Alex Reece, Bad Ass - Micky Finn & Aphrodite, The Lighter - Sound of the Future, P-Funk Era - P-Funk, The License - DJ Krome & Mr Time, Babylon – Splash, 6 Million Ways To Die - Dope Skillz, Inner City Life – Goldie, The Helicopter Tune - Deep Blue, Renegade – Terrorist, Valley Of The Shadows - Origin Unknown, Renegade Snares - Omni Trio, Peace, Love & Unity - DJ Hype, Circles - Adam F., Oh Gosh - Undercover Agent, One & Only – PFM, The Burial – Leviticus, Metropolis – Adam F.

• When :: Thursday, 10.23.03 :: ALIAS
  • 31 SECONDS:: OLD SKOOL JUNGLISM – ’94 TO ‘97
  • Admission ::
  • 2 for 1 admission 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.
  • $7 after 10 p.m.
  • $4 vip list after 10 p.m.
  • open bar :: 9 p.m. - 10 p.m. + $5 pitchers all night!
  • 09:00-11:30-----John Tab
  • 11:30-01:00-----Jesse Tittsworth
  • 01:00-02:45-----Crucial Carl
  • Where :: Upstairs at ALIAS :: upstairs lounge at NATION [the Rubik Room] above the side entrance and main bathrooms. Plush seating, good sound, candle-lit atmosphere, intimate vibe…
  • $4 VIP reduced list :: Email me by 6 p.m. Thursday [ alias_agent_johntab@mac.com ] If you go to ALIAS tonight on the reduced list, make sure your name is crossed off the list after you pay. All people on the ALIAS reduced list each Thursday [if you show up] will automatically get on the Cübik/Buzz reduced list the next night. I’ll make the Cübik/Buzz reduced list based on the names crossed off the previous night’s ALIAS list. If you sign up for the ALIAS list, but end up not going, you won’t be on the Cübik/Buzz reduced list.

• When :: Thursday, 10.30.03 :: ALIAS
  • ..:E.R.A.S.E:..:T.H.E:..:P.A.S.T:.. :: DJ BATTLE – round 1! :: Upstairs at ALIAS :: upstairs lounge at NATION [the Rubik Room] above the side entrance and main bathrooms

• When :: Friday, 10.24.03 :: Buzzlife presents CüBIK – think inside the box!
  • This Friday :: REVENGE OF THE SCüMFROG:
  • Regular Admission ::
  • $10 for ALIAS vip members and Buzzboard members before midnight
  • $12 non-Buzz members before 11 p.m.
  • $15 after 11 p.m.
  • open bar :: 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.

Honey Cübe:

Rhythm Box: drums, bass and junglism

Rübik Room: nü wave 80’s | electro | retrotechno

Outdoor Cübana: All Good Funk Alliance Takeover

• ALL GOOD FUNK ALLIANCE [ http;//funkweapons.com | DC ] [funky, groovy house]
  • BUSTER [ Snowball Collective | Buzzlife | DC ] [funky, groovy house]
  • REX RIDDEM live percussion [ Snowball Collective | Thunderball | DC ]

SNEAK PEAK:

• Wednesday, 10.22.03 :: at NATION :: LTJ Bukem w/ Makoto, Deeizm + Bobby Jae
  • Wednesday, 10.29.03 :: SCION at NATION :: FREE admission event with: Scott Henry, John Tab, Implicit, Suneel
  • Friday, 10.31.03 :: Halloween Night! ‘Hex Marks The Box’ – presented by Buzzlife + Alchemy with: Sandra Collins, K-Swing, Juju, Ransom, Scene Assassins and many more TBA…
  • Friday, 11.07.03:: with The Crystal Method and more TBA…

All events are 18 + w/ valid, gov’t-issued, photo ID

NATION nightclub

1015 Half St. SE

Washington, DC 20003

http://www.buzzlife.com/mssg_brd/

Originally posted by funshine

I heard it was supposed to have snowed in the mountains the other night.....:eek:

I hope a giant flood of doom doesn't wipe out Nation tonight :rolleyes:

there's a blizzard on the radar for tonight . . . 50 inches of snow by 9pm tonight . . . :eek: :eek:

So my house has been under construction for MONTHS now...

And we don't have heating capabilities at the moment..... I'M SOOOO FRIGGIN COLD!

I just checked the thermostat inside my house.... it reads 55 degrees...... BRRR! :(:mad::(

move to florida :D

So my house has been under construction for MONTHS now...

And we don't have heating capabilities at the moment..... I'M SOOOO FRIGGIN COLD!

I just checked the thermostat inside my house.... it reads 55 degrees...... BRRR! :(:mad::(

Sorry. You better get the heat running girl, cuz this winter's gonna be loooong (did I already mention that I hate winter?) :mad: