Clubplanet Nightlife Community

House: East Coast Vs. West Coast

philippio

Yes they are! And I have nothing against east coast house music. It it not really debateable where house was born. Chicago is where house started and that's why I mentioned, that in my opinion, if you look at the history of house and what it was, and what it is now, I would question whether there has been any progress (which would justify "progressive").

Originally posted by phrankadelic

on the topic of west coast house...

San Francisco Sessions Vol.4 - OM Records - has just been released. This time it's by Kaskade who definitely knows how to lay some good tunes down.

I already heard it Frank... KILLER!!! Kaskade is the man o' the moment for me!

Originally posted by philippio

About Dubtribe... they just released a new album "Baggage." It's good but not as good as Bryant Street which Ibelieve was released in 1996. They also mixed a set for Chillifunk recordings called Heavyweight Soundclash. Very percussive and chugging house music in the usual Dubtribe style!

Nobody does it better then dubtribe IMO. They are my fav producers.

baggage was ok.

Bryant street was great :aright: loved it.

Chillifunk was really good but to many remixes of the same songs on the same CD.

what does this count as??????

our very own oscar g from the east coast made a song called supercalifornia, that is about the west coast....where does that land!?!?!?!?!?!??

who cares its a good song so therefor i like it once again i dont care if it came form the depths of eskimo style land!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I saw Bear Who at Blue one wednesday, I was very impressed. I also saw Lisa Shaw perform at the Naked Music party at The Marlin. That was one hell of a party! I was honored to ask her to autograph my vinyl copy of her awesome track 'Always'. I also saw Lee Burridge at Nerve and I'm planning to check out DJ Dan on friday and Hipp-E + Halo in Orlando on Nov. 14th! I also saw dj Aladdin and B-Side spin at Lounge 16 a couple of times. They are both really good. And dj Three at the Marlin was quite good as well. I go out about 6 times a week. I spend about 4 hours at home daily on average. I turn my tv on for about 1 hour a day.

I

All this and you're still complaining???

Where's the love for the WICKED CREW. Hands down.... the innovator's of "West Coast House":jerkoff: Over looked as always. Considering that you wouldn't even have the J-jay's, The Miggs, The Kascades, the Desardi's, and half of all the producers that have been named on this post. Much love to MURK AND DANNY T. Who's early TRIBAl AMERICA SERIES WAS A HUGE influence to an early Frisco house scene.

I can off for day's but who wants to hear that shit.

Much love and Respect to Jeno, Markie, Garth, Tomas, Doc Martin, Mark Farina, Tony, Simon(I have a Dream) and countless others.

Miami is great. countless possibilities. We need more Island Party's and Full Moon Parties.

one love

:D

I agree with philipio, all that talk about house and all you hear is the same stuff over and over. philipio wasn't saying that west coast is better, but that people here don't even give it a chance. West coast house rocks ! it all comes form the same influences anyways. That's not a know it all, it's a fact !!!, tell me one place where you can catch some great quality house that's not banging ? and accesible to all ? and how many house dj's do we really have here ? or labels as diversified as Naked or Om ?

yea i agree with phil.. Just to say when H-Foundation played at Avalon like a month ago the music was off the wall. I go to read reviews about the party people were saying it was disocish sounding. people just don't have a clue. and this past weekend their weren't any good parties on saturday nite so decided to go to Sound Factory where Jonathan Peters spins and all night it was the same bass line i thought i was gonna throw myself off the balcony. Good thing for me there was a hot chick dj spinning west coast house up stairs it was really good. i should of just stayed home on saturday and not ruin what i heard on friday nite from Yousef, Joeski and Onionz.

Phil Mark Farina is spinning this Friday i can't wait man gotta come back up to ny one weekend. i might come to florida in november for thanksgiving ill let you know tho.

Hey JCMIA, I know of just a few...

Jazid on sundays is really good but the dj's upstairs stop playing once everyone leaves so go early. Blue is my favorite right now. Any night of the week is good but friday is usually busiest:

Monday: Stingray and friends

Tuesday: Amalia L.

Wednesday: Cue and usually Eric Kittell and sometimes another guest

Thursday: dj Soulman

Friday: Mark Vane

Saturday: Danny Mitchell

Sunday: DJ Pride

I also like Nerve (23rd st. 1 block west of Collins) on fridays (dj Dan will be there this friday) although it's a bit more banging. Sundays are good too. Usually Amalia, Cue and Stephan Luke.

B-side and Aladdin had the MiCasa night at Lounge 16 (16th & Washington) but it changed to Art & Soul and then to something else and now he will supposedly start it up at Maze upstairs.

The Marlin (12th & Collins) on wednesdays is quite good as well. Tonight is open decks so you'll hear a bunch of dj's and varied sounds.

Luna (7th & Washington) is usually very good. Great sound and really good music. I don't like the bar service too much. But Marco (the promoter) does a very fine job bringing fresh talent without too much hype. My favorites are Cianci & Avila and also Oscar Fonseca.

For deep, techy house I'm planning on checking out Eric's new gig at Slak Lounge (28th and N. Miami. Av.)

Im sure you heard my rebuttal on behalf of west coast before...so im not going to go into it, i think weve heard alot of going back and forth so all i have to say to phili.... Well said!!

Dubtribe rocks, ive played with them a few times in S.F.

Of course house music is house music, but all in all people out here really dont give that deep west coast sound the deserving respect with all due respect i can respect east coast as well....but i am sick of the same sounding music here in miami since ive been here.

www.emergerecordings.com

Our label website w/ Multi-chat rooms & forum boards!

Become a member and post your discusions or events here as well.

The site is new but we will grow rapidly with audiences of global proportions !

Want to be a guest DJ on the show??

info@emergerecordings.com

peace out!

Guest brwneydtrouble

Tuesday: Amalia L.

Wednesday: Cue and usually Eric Kittell and sometimes another guest

I also like Nerve (23rd st. 1 block west of Collins) on fridays (dj Dan will be there this friday) although it's a bit more banging. Sundays are good too. Usually Amalia, Cue and Stephan Luke.

I've been one of Cues biggest cheerleaders on here for ages, ever since he started the after hours party at Union Lounge with Gaby Fain. I never missed a sunday from the day they started till they moved to Lime Bar. I also used to go to Blue every wed night when I lived on the beach, I used to walk there since I lived so close.

I've seen his parties progress and Im really glad that he is getting the recognition he deserves. :)

Yeah Maze is supposed to start this coming saturday.

But i have not spoke to B.

Supposedly a Guy named tommy j or something like that is the original contact for setting the whole thing up for B and i guess B stepped in to help run things and since we were getting the run around w/ the guys @ lounge 16 he decided to drop it & try to start something @ Maze but i dont know if this Tommy guy has any following?

& I dont know if B does either?

Its all about working really hard to pack that place!

But i kid of liked that place (lounge 16) xcept for a few little things.

I may try to do something else.

For 1 i need to start promoting myself as a DJ & start getting ready for the season.

When i first got here in miami i promoted and wound up with 3 residencies at 1 time ...too much at 1 time.

But 1 of those wasnt so interesting.

Anyway....

Right now i am just completing my web site & working on upcoming releases for our record label & online radio show.

We are going to start our promotions this week.

Next week ill have flyers ready.

Let me know if youd like to take part in helping me promote.

We can talk.

www.emergerecordings.com & GUMBO SOUL Radio!

Originally posted by jcmia

philipio, I know these nights, but normally they don't last, unfortunately. The only consitant truly house night that was aquabooty @ rain, but also gone

Aquabooty moved to Lola's and then IO lounge after rain. Abooty lasted for a couple of months at those other venues.