Clubplanet Nightlife Community

carl cox in santo

livin42nite

enjoy if you go! i actually planned on attending, but my duties here in miami for this saturday, kicking off the signal sessions, calls. i did get a message from carl today from santo domingo saying hello. whoever is going, take some pics and have some fun!

Went to it and damn all i gotta say is we got it good in miami. Our local djs are the best. I get to this place around 11:30 since I was told carl would go on early in the night. It's raining an outdoor venue, but some of it is covered. Anyways carl cox does not get on until 2 in the morning, which over here is never much of a drag since our boys open up fine and keep us having a good time, but don't blow up the place yet. Anyways at 11:30 the openers are playing banging techno with no flow and the mixing was atrocious.:blown:

Now I went with a group that pretty much only listens to party 93 type of dance music, but don't mind when i take them to house parties. Needless to say by 1:00 we were all annoyed with the music and the guys are just playing way 2 banging nonstop. Finally at 2 in the morning carl cox gets on and the change from the opener's music to his could not have been done any more professionaly. Carl is an amazing dj and played great though you could tell he did not like the way the party was going on with the music prior to him getting on. Regardless he played great while I was there but I had to leave not even 2 hours into his set as the others were tired, heard the party lasted till 9 in the morning though.

Hopefully whatever reason carl has for not playing here gets resolved and we get to have him play here and he gets the kind of opening that he deserves. He did say he would probably be back in december over there because he did not like the way it worked out so if u in santo in december you may be in luck in seeing him, but then again if he gets the same guys opening for him u may wish u were not there.

Props to the miami djs, it is only when u see how others are opening up that you learn to really appreciate how lucky miami is to have so much talent.