Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mark Farina 'Air Farina' album out now

From the artist who invented Mushroom Jazz comes the long anticipated debut artist album of all original material from MARK FARINA. Out now (Oct 7th) on OM Records, Air Farina is designed with a transcontinental flight concept and incorporates a variety of travel themes into Mark’s original productions. Joining Mark on his sonic travels are special guests Kaskade, People Under the Stairs, Sean Hayes and Lance Desardi.

Known around the world for performing his two legendary DJ styles: instrumental hip-hop mixed with jazzy soul known as Mushroom Jazz and chunky funky Chicago style house sets found on his compilations San Francisco Sessions and Connect, Mark has been voted in the “Top DJ’s in the World†by BPM, DJ and MUZIK magazines. Consistently touring year round playing to over 300,000 club goers a year, it’s hard to believe someone so well traveled could have time to put together his own material.

Recording under aliases Urban Backcountry and Bernal Boogie on his Mushroom Jazz series, it wasn’t until Connect that Mark made his debut material under his own name with the quirky club classic “Radioâ€. Mark explains, “The sound will be similar to the original tracks I added to my different compilations. I tried to include both tempos in my album giving it a little of my "mushroom" flavor and of course the weird Chicago/SF house goodiesâ€. “Radio†appears again on Air Farina as the new ‘Lost Baggage’ mix. Other highlights include “Dream Machine†featuring Sean Haynes on vocal and the album’s first single, “To Do†featuring Mark’s OM Records label-mate Kaskade.

Track listing is as follows:

01. Take Off

02. Love Make’s

03. Layover 1

04. Betcha Do

05. Leaving SF (w/ Lance Desardi)

06. To Do (w/ Kaskade)

07. Talk To Me

08. Layover 2

09. Dream Machine feat. Sean Hayes)

10. Layover 3

11. Fusbol

12. Dropped Into Water

13. We Gotta Get

14. Gramma So

15. Gramma Si (Late Night Mix)

16. Layover 4

17. Travel (feat. People Under The Stairs)

18. Layover 5

19. Radio (Lost Baggage Mix)

All tracks written, produced and arranged by Mark Farina, except “Dream Machineâ€: written by Sean Hayes, produced and arranged by Mark Farina "To Do": written, produced and arranged by Mark Farina and Kaskade "Leaving SF" written and arranged by Mark Farina, produced by Lance Desardi and Mark Farina