Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone here own a MP3 player?

magilicuti

I prefer my mini disc player. It's funny cuz mini disc got so popular in europe and asia, yet never really picked up here.

you can copy mp3's, cd's, and just about anything to a mini disc player, and they're about the same size as an mp3 player.

You can fit about 73 minutes on each disc too :cool:

Originally posted by gmccookny

I prefer my mini disc player. It's funny cuz mini disc got so popular in europe and asia, yet never really picked up here.

you can copy mp3's, cd's, and just about anything to a mini disc player, and they're about the same size as an mp3 player.

You can fit about 73 minutes on each disc too :cool:

I have a portable one. and only have 2 'bought' mini-discs for it and 5 re-writeable ones.

i don't believe it to be as versatile.

...i just have a sport model for the gym....it's pretty sick though...lol...rio sport...it was 128mb and i expanded it with a 256mb memory card...it fits in the palm of your hand and operates on one AAA battery...w/ a stopwatch, fm tuner, watch, eq, etc...it is the sickest little toy i have right now...

but

...i want either an ipod or a zen...prob after the new year...

Originally posted by upjumpdaboogie

I have a portable one. and only have 2 'bought' mini-discs for it and 5 re-writeable ones.

i don't believe it to be as versatile.

the only thing that might be "better" (if you call it better) is that you can get a mp3 player with 128 mbRAM that stores it all inside itself without the inconvenience of carrying little disks

I happen to like the discs. they're colorful cool looking, and i've done some fat mixes, recording from radio, computer and cd's

Ehh, kinda reminds me of PC's vs. Mac's. Im a die hard pc guy, and im a die hard mini disc smurf :hat:

Originally posted by phatman

...i just have a sport model for the gym....it's pretty sick though...lol...rio sport...it was 128mb and i expanded it with a 256mb memory card...it fits in the palm of your hand and operates on one AAA battery...w/ a stopwatch, fm tuner, watch, eq, etc...it is the sickest little toy i have right now...

wow, that is pretty hot.

how much does that go for?

wow, that is pretty hot.

how much does that go for?

....i got it down to $99 for the player (comes with earbuds that you'll want to replace, handstrap, belt strap, usb cable/adapter, and software)...and $65 or so for the memory card...i love it...shit hooks up via usb and the software is simple...click and drag away...at some point, they'll have a higher memory card because rio says its upgradable to 640mb...that's just nuts...

Originally posted by phatman

....i got it down to $99 for the player (comes with earbuds that you'll want to replace, handstrap, belt strap, usb cable/adapter, and software)...and $65 or so for the memory card...i love it...shit hooks up via usb and the software is simple...click and drag away...at some point, they'll have a higher memory card because rio says its upgradable to 640mb...that's just nuts...

you can negotiate that shiite :eek:

can u do that at best buy?/?

you can negotiate that shiite :eek:

can u do that at best buy?/?

...no...lol...i meant after checking out a few different stores and sites...i found it online with a rebate that took it down to $99....sorry if i misstated, but i bet it drops down before the holidays to that figure as well...

Originally posted by magilicuti

doesn't it take forever to transfer songs from the pc to the minidisc player/

not really. it's a ubs port (is that right spelling?). it may not be AS quick as the mp3 player, but i think the mini disc is still more versatile overall :cool:

Then again, the toy phatman has sounds dope. Im gonna have to cross the line and check this out ;)