Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what clubs should have a classic night??

Originally posted by thehype

one thing i would like to see happen eventhough i know it would neevr happen is...

it would be kool if Richie Satana did a classics nite at Deko but the only thing is if he took out one of his old playlists from the days of Heat Fridays @ Bunka and played tracks off that

hmmmm!!;)

Originally posted by drmoxx

1st classic nite i remember being thrown was

metro lounge- saturdays with mendez in 2001 i think

maybe 2000

First classics night was Retro Metro, 2001 at Metro Lounge w/ Mendez spinning. (Andrew also came up w/ "Retro Metro" as a slogan too I believe)

First classics night at SF, was a few months later, a record skipped at 7AM and JP got all pissy and completely stopped playing classics for the rest of the time...

Originally posted by godisadj

I'n *MY* opinion a club like Taste shouldnt be having a classic night.

Not even getting into the dj's they have there but the 1st time in heard of a classic night was @ sf.

So you can say there the originators & they should be because almost all the anthems come from there.

You cant even compare hearing a song like "Things to Come" @ taste or anyother club then SF. Its a SF classic!

are u saying just because sf so call started the first classics night, that no other club or lounge is alowed to have a classics night?? im *MY* opinons, thats pretty stupid no???? classics is classics... whats the big deal? it shouldnt matter where its playing or what dj is playing it...

Originally posted by jerrycxtacy

are u saying just because sf so call started the first classics night, that no other club or lounge is alowed to have a classics night?? im *MY* opinons, thats pretty stupid no???? classics is classics... whats the big deal? it shouldnt matter where its playing or what dj is playing it...

Exactly....

So what Godisadj is saying is that I am entitled to have a Classics night in my basement where the music was being played constantly when it came out but I am not allowed to take the same records that I play in my basement to Taste to play publically. If classics can only be played at their origins than I guess all of thos great Junior Twilo tracks are gone for good and can never be heard publically any more. Godisadj, I see your point but it is blurred by you dislike for some of us Jersey DJs and the places we play. We are the guys that are trying to take these new and smaller venues to a point where they will be allowed to have a "Classics" night without guys like you making this ridiculous argument. Maybe some of us aren't SF crackheads and don't want to stay up to 7am to hear classics and maybe we just want to go out to a nice venue where we'll here the same tracks and be comfortable with the 2003 nightlife and crowd. Just think of it that way and realize that if you truly have love for the music it wouldn't matter where it was played.

Originally posted by themoo

Exactly....

So what Godisadj is saying is that I am entitled to have a Classics night in my basement where the music was being played constantly when it came out but I am not allowed to take the same records that I play in my basement to Taste to play publically. If classics can only be played at their origins than I guess all of thos great Junior Twilo tracks are gone for good and can never be heard publically any more. Godisadj, I see your point but it is blurred by you dislike for some of us Jersey DJs and the places we play. We are the guys that are trying to take these new and smaller venues to a point where they will be allowed to have a "Classics" night without guys like you making this ridiculous argument. Maybe some of us aren't SF crackheads and don't want to stay up to 7am to hear classics and maybe we just want to go out to a nice venue where we'll here the same tracks and be comfortable with the 2003 nightlife and crowd. Just think of it that way and realize that if you truly have love for the music it wouldn't matter where it was played.

The music is gonna be sick moo I have faith!!!

Moo, Maybe if your address was in NY you'd be a better dj in this retards eyes, I know you, joe and all the rest of my DJ's are good and so do the other 700 people that will show up tonight to Taste to hear the songs that molded the scene into what it is today. Dont get bent outta shape anthony.

i'm just saying there is no reason a club like taste is having a classic night. classics are suppose to remind you of times you had in that place. Thats why nov 22 will be the biggest night at sf because everybody wants to go back & remember.

I guess *anybody* can play "SUNSHINE" *anywhere* but its a SF classic not just a song for a guy like choopie to play whos only been to SF once. Just my opinion.

I guess you don't understand what a classic means or what it is to have a real classic night.

Originally posted by A to Z

I have a classic night comming soon to NJ...i don't like to do it as aften as EVERYONE ELSE DOES...it looses its vibe...I wait til the time is right and the time is right.

I'll post it as soon as i get it confirmed.

Mendez

www.andrewmendezmusic.com

the first time i heard "SOMEONE" was at drama when you through it down yearsssssss ago.

i've seen you at classic parties @ SF.

YOU UNDERSTAND!

i'll be at your classic night!

Originally posted by godisadj

i'm just saying there is no reason a club like taste is having a classic night. classics are suppose to remind you of times you had in that place.

i hear what your saying bro, but your so wrong.. in your opinion, classics because it reminds you of the old days, shoudl be played at a club that was good or whatever back in the day. i think your way wrong and totally miss the whole point of classics. i hear what your saying, but classics is suposed to remind of of the "MUSIC" played back in teh day.. noone gives a shit which venue has a classics night.. or which venue was good back in the day.... not for nothing, but if u aint likeing the classics idea @ taste, then dont go... welcome to jersey kid.....

This argument can go on forever. Some people associate classics with where they were when they heard them and some people associate classics with a track just being a classic. Godisadj has to see this point though.....When a club has an 80's night are they not entitled to it? Or did the club have to be existent in the 80's with people who were there at the time....I think not....We still associate 80's music with growing up and hearing musc on the radio. That is my defenition of a classic, whether you listened to it in your basement or at a club, THE MUSIC IS CLASSIC TO YOU.

Anyways he is entitled to his opinion but I still think that if this was the new york board it would be a different story. BTW do you DJ GODISADJ?