Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what clubs should have a classic night??

I'n *MY* opinion a club like Taste shouldnt be having a classic night.

Not even getting into the dj's they have there but the 1st time in heard of a classic night was @ sf.

So you can say there the originators & they should be because almost all the anthems come from there.

You cant even compare hearing a song like "Things to Come" @ taste or anyother club then SF. Its a SF classic!

Clubs in jersey like Temps, Surf, X's, Djais, Joeys, Abyss, Studio, Deja vue, Sound Garden can have classic nights because they been there from the beginning. Even Poor Billys having a classic night is ok. Danny White use throw down "INSOMINIA" every Tuesday for me.

I think its a horrible gimmic having a classic night @ a new club or relativly new club.

Djs like mendez, lopez, denny just to name a few should be the dj if its in NJ.

Nothing against Choopi & Moo but who wants to hear them to spin classics????

When i think about classics i think about JP, Boris, Jr. Vicious, Dt, Denny & Baez tearing it up.

I'm sure you can people into your clubs without this horrible gimmic.

Originally posted by godisadj

Danny White use throw down "INSOMINIA" every Tuesday for me..

Buckman,

Please fork over you CP membership, this kind of gayness will not be tolerated.

Thank you,

Management

Ps.. I wish the gay smiley was still in circulation.

pss. I love mocassins

one thing i would like to see happen eventhough i know it would neevr happen is...

it would be kool if Richie Satana did a classics nite at Deko but the only thing is if he took out one of his old playlists from the days of Heat Fridays @ Bunka and played tracks off that

Originally posted by drmoxx

1st classic nite i remember being thrown was

metro lounge- saturdays with mendez in 2001 i think

maybe 2000

Exactly

the best (Classic night) Retro Metro or as copy cats are calling it Retro Night IMO would be Alex Coviello even though he doesnt spin that stuff anymore. He created the memories from the start of the Metro days.

Originally posted by kostaP

Exactly

the best (Classic night) Retro Metro or as copy cats are calling it Retro Night IMO would be Alex Coviello even though he doesnt spin that stuff anymore. He created the memories from the start of the Metro days.

aahhh the fuckin man rite there

Coviello and Padula....sickkkkkkkkk

............listen ill be the 1st to tell ya that i aint no denny, boris, richie or even come close to being as good as the next upcoming dj's, but do you think that someone like myself or the other 3 dj's should stop tying???????

do you think the kid in the playground who shoots free throws till he cant feel his hands, and watches video of his favorite athlete thinks he has a shot at the pros????, he prob does,......... and dont ya think he would give up his left testical to one day hop on the field and see if he can????? probably........... and when he does step on the field and he sees he doesnt have it in him to hang with the pros, do you think he will stop playing ball????????? HELL NO????, he will continue to dribble like allen iverson, and shoot and play like kobe, ..........he will keep shooting free throws and enjoy doing something he has a passion for, and do you think that he should stop dribbling and shooting like his idols just b/c he will never be them....................he may not be the best at what he does, but he will die knowing he gave it his ALL

so what your saying is people like myself who look up to proffesionals should stop trying to reach our goals???, i have a rugalar 9-5 paying job and love going to clubs and meeting people, and having a good time.................and i know ill never be a big name DJ, but sure as hell i wont stop trying..............................

one day ill look back, as i do w/ sports, knowing that i tried to do something that i enjoyed, and soon this will all fade away...............but at least i can say to myself that i tried!!!!!!!!!

also mr god is a dj, you do make some valid points so dont think that im disagreeing w/ all that you said, but it is very hard to shut me up...............i mean i could have been the "REAL" digga and told you i was going to find you and KILL your family, but i didnt..........i was just stating things the way i see them, and that is very dangerous!

JUST DIGGAS FIDDY CENTS!!!!!!

Originally posted by godisadj

William, I didnt realize you knew anything about clubs just what parking lots look like. considering they keep you outside .

maybe will have a clasic night in the parking lot! that will be your next gimmick.

yeah I am new to the scene.... Ive been to SF once...........

Originally posted by badassmafuka

yeah I am new to the scene.... Ive been to SF once...........

I MIGHT MAKE IT TO S.F FR THE SECOND TIME THIS WEEKEND .. AND IF I DO ... I'M GONNA BE ROLLING HEAVY AND GONNA BE ON THE PROWL FOR SOME LITTLE " HATER" THAT DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO SHUT UP.

BUT IF I CAN'T FIND HIM THERE ...... I'M SURE I CAN FIND HIM SUCKING OFF SOME BOUNCER AT POOR BILLY'S JUST TO GET INTO THE "BAR" WITH HIS PLAID SHIRT AND KHAKI'S ON !

Originally posted by MrCHOOPA2u

you really know how to press my buttons ......

i'll leave it at this . come to taste (instead of poor billy's) and i'll show you up !!!!

Show me up with your mixing abilities or your selection of classics?

I Turn To Choopie.................................