Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My theory on why music and clubbing suck now..

Guest saleen351

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

I would have to agree with Saleen on this one. He is talking about the scene as a whole, and its not really fun anymore. Like he said, when the music is too dark and complex, it doesn't make me want to get up and dance.....cutting edge and progressive is good for places like Nerve, Blue, Luna but in a huge club, where there is no place to sit and mingle, the music is all you hear, I want to dance and have fun. I have to admit, Roly's sets are getting an injection of FUN, and its awesome. Ironically, that is what was so awesome about Ivano's sets.

Lets face it, although there are those of you in here that really know your shit, know what is REAL music (or so you think) the majority of people that go to clubs are NOT informed, exposed, or perhaps even care! Lately people in the scene are giving themseld way too much selfimportance and forgetting that we are out to have fun, forget our workweek and be with friends.

"It's Not Where Your At It's Who Your With"

Not to be confused with what Erik B and Rakim once said...

It's Not Where Your From It's Where Your At"

:D

OBBY

I got into the scene years ago becuase it was so much of a release, an escape etc... The key to having fun again is let it go... Dont be such a track whore.... If it makes you move and want to groove then let it take you...

Some here love to trance bash blah blah blah.... BUT it has all those elements which are fun and uplifting....

The trancier folk on this board have a great time week in and out, if you aint then rethink your tastes...

all this dark shit is stooooopid... when Im feeling dark and angry like when I was in my teens Ill go to a goth club....

I'm not a trackspotter by any stretch of the imagination. You're lucky if I can name 10 tracks in a given set. Frankly, I don't care...I'm not into the whole vulture aspect of hovering over a DJs shoulder all night scribbling down tracks to be picked apart on some "musical elitist" messageboard.

You'll see me out for house, trance, breaks, and so forth...sure I go out with a profit motive, but I also go out to have fun mainly.

As for the dark vs. happy stuff, I'll agree that I like a more positive sound, the dark, serious sound gets to me after awhile.

:eek:

OMG I can't believe a totally positive thread where WE ALL agree.. (pretty much)

And it's about the music Scene here..

Wow I guess there is hope for us Afterall....

But we need to take this theory a sterp furter... :idea: Lets ALL work Together....

To rebuild the scene here...

How many of you guys are on Friendster?

if so Add me to your list djbside@djcentral.com

I would love for us ALL to work together

the only reason I get into track spotting is because I'm a dj and I sometimes I hear something that so wicked I just have to try to tracks down the vinyl, if you don't buy vinyl then there's no need to worry about tracks, and even so I'd rather spend my time getting down on the dancefloor to these tracks, there's just a few times I absolutely just have to know what was that track, but the point is always just to be able to enjoy that track more often if I can track down the vinyl, not to be elitist about it and just stand around talking about it or writing about it on a message board