Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how was centro flys reopening?

in the main room, there was an elderly gent tap dancing alone for the first three hours, everyone just stood around and stared, trying got figure out if it was their dad.

and then some middle-age suits were walking around. most of the people were in the pink room downstairs.

centro was good for chemical brothers a week ago, but even that ended at 5AM.

they need to get back on the friday schedule. the place was empty. the music was ok, though not up to kennedy's usual bluesy deep house sets.

Originally posted by lovingtrance

in the main room, there was an elderly gent tap dancing alone for the first three hours, everyone just stood around and stared, trying got figure out if it was their dad.

ive seen that old guy everywhere. first time was at limelight back in the day. since then ive gotten used to him. i cant believe he's still goin. more power to him

he was bald, and yes, he twirled around like a ballerina. don't make no difference to me either way, cause i'll be the first one out there if the music is good. i've been going to GBH friday on and off for three years, and i never remembered seeing him there.

still, he does pretty much hog up the entire floor once he gets going. i'd hate to see him twirl into a girl with a drink.

hmm, he is funny. he gave me five bucks to take my jacket to coat check because it was on his dance platform....I didn't know at the time if I was going to stay or not....so, I just checked my jacket and let him have his space. The platform he knocked me off of was like 6 feet high....coulda been tragic. That was Twilo.

He usually likes more of a gay mixed scene, though. When he approached me a year after the platform thing...i reminded him he nearly killed me....he laughed, and appologized. He ended up enviting me to a pre-opening limelight party...but, i lost his digits. So, he is a veteran party boy. Serious about his tap.