Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Halloween at Venu & X-it

Guest brwneydtrouble

Guest brwneydtrouble

I want to thank all of you who came out, it was such a blast!!

Venu was majorly packed inside, the vibe was incredible. I'm so glad to have the pit back, it makes such a huge difference. There was a slight problem with the sound cutting out a couple times, but its to be expected when you bring in extra sound. Baby Anne rocked it, and there were MANY old school Edge people in the house.

Edgar and Stryke were incredible outside, it was nice to see the CPers out supporting.

X-it was great, and I want to sincerely thank the DJ's that came out and played - mrmiami played an awesome set that picked up where we left off at Venu, meng and djFX played old school breaks (RITM!!!!!), Wendel like always delivers the goods, MAAAANNNN Saleen would have been guido fist pumping to B-Side - all classics, Lyrik showed up just in the nick of time and Mirza finished it all up like a champ.

I want to thank Serge and Marcela for coming out, it was great to see you guys!! And got to meet absolutv, dude your costume was the BOMB.

Can't wait to do this again!!

OH - and how can I forget? All the sets have been recorded. ;)

Originally posted by MIRZA

Thanks Jackie and AJ for throwing the parties it was a long and fun night!!!

When can we hear the recordings?

PEACE

MIRZA

THANK U 4 DJ'ING!

AS SOON AS I GET FX BACK HIS MP3 PALYER I'M SURE HE'LL MAKE THE RECORDINGS AVAILABLE!

I JUST WANTED TOO THANK ALL THE DJS WHO PLAYED AT VENU AN XIT!

STRYKE

EDGAR

BABYANNE

MERLYN

WENDEL

ASH ROCK

BRUCE K

SEAN

FX

MR MIAMI

B-SIDES

LYRIK

MIRZA

ALL OF U PLAYED GREAT SETS!

SORRY IF THERE WERE ANY TECHNICAL DIFFICLUTIES!

AND THANKS 2 ALL WHO CAME 2 PARTY!

ANGEL

Yep...if all went well...the whole night got recorded onto one mp3 file.

Gonna have to figure out what to do with it...

I know the cp music board won't accept a file that big (as I have tried with other longer set files to no success.

I suppose I could chop it up into segments...although I'm not sure whether I might have a bit of trouble figuring out where one set ends and the next begins...

perhaps someone might be able to host it for cp???

At any rate, glad the whole halloween series of events were a success!!!

Peace,

FX

Had a good time early morning at the after party the short time I was there, although I woke up late and had to drive from basically Homestead to Hollywood in just over 45 minutes I made it just in time to hear B-sides finish up and drop a classic of classics (lil louis) for me to spin into. I really wanted to get there earlier to hear everyone, but that damn snooze button got me. I really like that spot for an after-hours place. Volume was a tad bit loud at first and I almost walked into a few walls because it was sooo dark coming in from the 8am sunshine. Hopefully this place can become something of a regular afterhours spot, I would love to do this again.

Thanks to Jackie and AJ for having me. Good to finally meet b-sides and AJ. I decided to stick around for Mirza, even though I had to be somewhere at 10am....glad I did...good set and thanks for the nice send off after we got out...nothing like a little early morning 420 to start the day off right.

Thanks again....and I also wanted to mention that I am going to start planninng on doing a CP park/bbq party again real soon as I had mentioned after the last BBQ at my house. This time we should be able to secure a nice park space being that most of the busy park days are behind us.

Originally posted by lyrik

Had a good time early morning at the after party the short time I was there, although I woke up late and had to drive from basically Homestead to Hollywood in just over 45 minutes I made it just in time to hear B-sides finish up and drop a classic of classics (lil louis) for me to spin into. I really wanted to get there earlier to hear everyone, but that damn snooze button got me. I really like that spot for an after-hours place. Volume was a tad bit loud at first and I almost walked into a few walls because it was sooo dark coming in from the 8am sunshine. Hopefully this place can become something of a regular afterhours spot, I would love to do this again.

Thanks to Jackie and AJ for having me. Good to finally meet b-sides and AJ. I decided to stick around for Mirza, even though I had to be somewhere at 10am....glad I did...good set and thanks for the nice send off after we got out...nothing like a little early morning 420 to start the day off right.

Thanks again....and I also wanted to mention that I am going to start planninng on doing a CP park/bbq party again real soon as I had mentioned after the last BBQ at my house. This time we should be able to secure a nice park space being that most of the busy park days are behind us.

Lyrik thanks for the support Bro! I'm glad you where able to make it and bless us with a solo set it was on point for after-hours. B-side it was nice to finally meet you and hear you live, and thanks for playing some classics (lil louis). I hope you liked the D-lite track I played as well. I can't wait to hear how recording came out.

Originally posted by aj2234

SO I CAN'T SPELL! SUE ME !

P.S

THAT DEWARS HIT THE SPOT!

:D

fuck yeah that Dewar's hit the spot....I had gotten to XIT after playing with my band and I was just ready for a cold beer and the bartender told me that I had to wait until 7am. :mad:

im soo glad i actually got to make it too this party!!! Got to hear some OLDSKOOL break beat classics courtesy of meng and fx... ran into peeps i hadnt seen in ages since the chillipepper and orbit dayz...:eek::D that no alcohol at the bar till 7 was killer... thank god for briefs and pocket size bottles!!!!;) re entry was also clutch.... Im just pissed i missed mike warrens set and mirza:( couldnt stay that late but oh well, at least there is always next time!!! good seeing the cp crew...

halloween rocked it this year!!!

I was quite pleased the entire night...

X-it Afterhours was PHAT!

MAN the sound in that place was really PUMPIN' The Bass would :blown:

:idea: We should consider doing an all night there, with both parties combined in one place... with a energy drink sponsor for the no alcohol time.

It's a nice sized place w/ RODAC mixer...

WOW....!!! (It's been a while shice i've played on one of these) & from what i saw there's a lower level bar too ??

AJ: if want I would love to work on the next event... :cool:

Originally posted by b-side

I was quite pleased the entire night...

X-it Afterhours was PHAT!

MAN the sound in that place was really PUMPIN' The Bass would :blown:

:idea: We should consider doing an all night there, with both parties combined in one place... with a energy drink sponsor for the no alcohol time.

It's a nice sized place w/ RODAC mixer...

WOW....!!! (It's been a while shice i've played on one of these) & from what i saw there's a lower level bar too ??

AJ: if want I would love to work on the next event... :cool:

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA !

LETS DO IT!

PM ME!

Originally posted by MIRZA

Lyrik thanks for the support Bro! I'm glad you where able to make it and bless us with a solo set it was on point for after-hours. B-side it was nice to finally meet you and hear you live, and thanks for playing some classics (lil louis). I hope you liked the D-lite track I played as well. I can't wait to hear how recording came out.

Mirza dropping some Dee-lite? What track bro? I've got a Dee-lite remix CD - Sampladelic Relics and Dancefloor Oddities - from around 96 that is an absolute favorite of mine. One of the best produced dance music discs I've heard, it still never fails to impress.

Looking forward to listening to these mixes!

Originally posted by junkiexl

Mirza dropping some Dee-lite? What track bro? I've got a Dee-lite remix CD - Sampladelic Relics and Dancefloor Oddities - from around 96 that is an absolute favorite of mine. One of the best produced dance music discs I've heard, it still never fails to impress.

It was a white label progressive house remix of groove is in the heart I got it over a year ago, but I played a vocal from the original before I mixed it in.

Peace

MIRZA

Originally posted by junkiexl

HA!!! GOod Shit...I've got that one on wax;)

Originally posted by o0djfx0o

Yep...if all went well...the whole night got recorded onto one mp3 file.

Gonna have to figure out what to do with it...

I know the cp music board won't accept a file that big (as I have tried with other longer set files to no success.

I suppose I could chop it up into segments...although I'm not sure whether I might have a bit of trouble figuring out where one set ends and the next begins...

perhaps someone might be able to host it for cp???

At any rate, glad the whole halloween series of events were a success!!!

Peace,

FX

FX have you gotten a chance to listen to the mixes? How did it come out? I’m looking forward to hearing your set with Meng.

PEACE

MIRZA

Deee-lite were on to some great music several years ago. It's too bad they didn't further their journey into Electronic Music. They all branched out to do their own thing, but I don't think anything compared to what they did as a group together.

I have yet to retrieve my recorder, so I haven't had a chance to do anything with it...as soon as I do, I'll let you guys.

FX

Originally posted by o0djfx0o

Deee-lite were on to some great music several years ago. It's too bad they didn't further their journey into Electronic Music further. They all branched out to do their own thing, but I don't think anything compared to what they did as a group together.

I have yet to retrieve my recorder, so I haven't had a chance to do anything with it...as soon as I do, I'll let you guys.

FX

I PAWNED IT FOR A BOTTLE OF BLACK LABEL!