Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pvd @ the mayan (10/30) review

weyes

it started off right. the wait in line was less than five minutes, groove*tickets found us on the list in a flash, and i didn't even get groped by security.

the downstairs was way too dark for people-watching, though, which is what my friend and i love to do to start out with, while only half-listening to the opening dj. my friend got his first drink and we did a lap. he scoped out hotties, and i did, too, but the only one i saw started holding hands and cozying up to another guy a few minutes later, so that was that :hey: . (not like i would've done anything anyway...)

pvd came on earlier than expected, and played a very hard and fast set. it was good to listen to, but i found it entirely undancable. my buddy and i sat upstairs for the longest time just bouncing in our seats and people-watching. upstairs is the best place for that at the mayan, by the way. there are a few people dancing, some peeps at which to stare :tongue: , and there's a great sense of the vibe in the crowd.

the music was changing into something a little more easy to move to, so my omniscient friend and i mosied on downstairs to shake our booties a bit. it was there that i met howieredondo :D !!!

howieredondo gets a :aright: from me. sweetheartsweetheartsweetheart :D !!! proof once again that cp is good people. i do hope we run into each other again. when's the next meetup, all?

but just as i was getting ready to dance, pvd played some slow-ass song, practically pushing us all out the door :bored: . suddenly the music was over, leaving me staring at my watch in shock. "what?" i asked my friend. "he just got started!" apparently some people consider 3 hours a decent length for a set. harumph :rolleyes: . well, maybe it would've been, had the set been better.

my 3rd time seeing pvd live, my 3rd time disappointed. but this was the most fun, being with and running into the peeps i did (i also ran into a friend i don't see nearly enough). still, next time pvd comes to town, i'll stay home and spend my time and money better.

PVD..:D :D

I had a great time at the mayan!! Got in in record time... I even had to get out of line and wait for some friends that went to park the car.

Yes, the set was pretty hard, but I thought it was good. I know alot of the tranceheads were really pushing for a hard set and they got their wish. :rock:

The area infront of the booth was so crowded i couldn't belive it!! People packed on the dance floor really gettting into the set!! Had a blast!!

Weyes!!!!.... really great to finally meet our keeper of the LA CP!!!!:bowdown: I was looking for you earlier in the night but couldn't find you till near the end. Sorry if i was a little out of it, but my friends kept handing me redbull/vodkas & by the time I found you , well....:drunk: Anyways, you are awesome!!! We will have to try to get another meetup going and get some other CP'ers there... Maybe pre party on a fri or sat before an event that everyone is already planning on going to.

cubbie - you were there??? dookie :unhappy: ! well, that's what i get for sitting in the dark upstairs for a couple of hours. that's also why it took us so long to bump into each other, howie :( . well, sometimes i just need to sit for a while, and there aren't really any places to sit on the first floor of the mayan. maybe they should work on that :worry: ...