Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Progressive house

soulprojector

Danny Tenaglia is not just a progressive house dj. He plays many different styles from vocals to classics to tribal to tech house to Madonna and everything in between. Every set that he does is full of surprises!

I agree that Luna is mostly deep/tech and also funky house. The lounge is home to Miami's most knowledgeable and vibeful crowds when it comes to music and it's very cozy and intimate.

Originally posted by philippio

Danny Tenaglia is not just a progressive house dj. He plays many different styles from vocals to classics to tribal to tech house to Madonna and everything in between. Every set that he does is full of surprises!

Exactly! Remember NEVER to use the words progressive house again when refering to Mr. Danny Tenaglia. It's just wrong....

Originally posted by nyc420

Exactly! Remember NEVER to use the words progressive house again when refering to Mr. Danny Tenaglia. It's just wrong....

Yeah well it depends on how you interpret the term Progressive.

I know some people automatically assume dark, dull, and often boring 4/4 beats to be "Progressive House". I like to think of it in a literal sense, in that the music is full of new and innovative sounds, and style, not just a formula patterned structure. And that each record sort of builds within itself. Then you take a good progressive dj, and they know how to put it all together to work a crowd into a dancing frenzy. Thats more specificaly what I mean by "progressive". So it could apply to any genre of dance music per se. I just happen to like house, and I like the style of music the afformentioned djs play. I think both can take the dancefloor on a hell of a sexy, tribal laden journey.

Oh and thanks to everyone for the info