Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tell me Philippio...

CrzyC

when you go out where do you go??? I hear you bashing SPACE all the time but never hear you say anything about what you did instead of SPACE? Do you go out and support the locals? If so, where?

Please dont take this as a hate thread. Just wondering where it is that you go to hear quality music?

Although Phillip may be a little outspoken, I can vouch that he does support the local scene....actually he probably is out more times a week than most on here.

Phillip just doesn't buy into the old saying of if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

I can actually relate to him on a lot of points he makes, but I may choose a different approach. Some poeple don't like to sugar coat things, but I am believer in "it's not what you say, but how you say it". To each their own though, we can't all be happy, happy patrons all the time. There is always a need for the subjective.

CrzyC,

I'm glad you asked that question. As lyrik mentioned, I go out about 6 times a week. I go to Blue a lot!!! I know everyone there and I'm treated with respect, always! My favorite nights are tuesday (I open for Amalia L. at 10:30 so come on down tonight and poke all the fun at me that you want), wednesday (Eric Kitel and Cue spin funky and tech-house, not progressive) and Thursday (deep house with Soulman and live percussion). On fridays I usually go to Nerve (if there's a guest dj that I'd like to see). Saturdays lately have been spent at Luna (7th and Washington). I particularly enjoy Cianci & Avila sets as well as Oscar Fonseca. I have heard great things about Jazid on sunday nights with Domingo and Ramon and I really want to check it out.

When the second closing party was announced with DT, I invited 2 friends (that I've known since 1996) to come down from Titusville to see him. We were all figuring that we wouldn't get to see him (we're all huge fans of DT) at Vinyl (Arc) in a long time so we can catch him here. All three of us got really pissed off at the situation (especially when we saw the list of upcoming dj's). My friends who hadn't been clubbing in Miami vowed never to come back for the nightlife because Space had skewed their perspective. My friends are more important to me than anyone or anything. So bashing Space for me is a matter of principle.

Originally posted by philippio

When the second closing party was announced with DT, I invited 2 friends (that I've known since 1996) to come down from Titusville to see him. We were all figuring that we wouldn't get to see him (we're all huge fans of DT) at Vinyl (Arc) in a long time so we can catch him here. All three of us got really pissed off at the situation (especially when we saw the list of upcoming dj's). My friends who hadn't been clubbing in Miami vowed never to come back for the nightlife because Space had skewed their perspective. My friends are more important to me than anyone or anything. So bashing Space for me is a matter of principle.

Thanks for the open, honest answer. Explains a lot about who you are and where your bashing comes from. Maybe I will catch you out some time. I think I may have met you at NERVE w/ Lyrik for Zabiela???

For the record, I had never been to the old SPACE and although I dont agree with some of the things the owner of SPACE does it has never directly affected my life. If or when it does...that is when I shall stop going. Therefore I keep my mouth shut most of the time and just hope to see my fave DJs show up.

Peace!

Originally posted by CrzyC

Thanks for the open, honest answer. Explains a lot about who you are and where your bashing comes from. Maybe I will catch you out some time. I think I may have met you at NERVE w/ Lyrik for Zabiela???

For the record, I had never been to the old SPACE and although I dont agree with some of the things the owner of SPACE does it has never directly affected my life. If or when it does...that is when I shall stop going. Therefore I keep my mouth shut most of the time and just hope to see my fave DJs show up.

Peace!

No, I just met Philip last weekend myself....your thinking of Rico. He was with me that night.