Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Topics going Waaaaay Off topic

georgym

I know it's just a message board, but it starts to get annoying when the original topic gets COMPLETELY lost in the mix.

Im not god, im not DaVe, but i am papa smurf. ANd i ask of you all to please make a concerted effort to stay on topic.

Otherwise, bad people are gonna come and :peeleft: and :peeright:

....part of me agrees but at the same time you have two things going on here...

1) this is the bump and ... forum where anything goes

2) some cliques have taken over some of this board right now so these people tend to jack threads on a regular basis and dont really think there's anything wrong with it since most of the group is a part of it anyway...not that it's a good or bad thing...it just is what it is right now...

Originally posted by phatman

....part of me agrees but at the same time you have two things going on here...

1) this is the bump and ... forum where anything goes

2) some cliques have taken over some of this board right now so these people tend to jack threads on a regular basis and dont really think there's anything wrong with it since most of the group is a part of it anyway...not that it's a good or bad thing...it just is what it is right now...

agreed... however in the same vein some things are just not for public consumption, and more importantly this is a public message board so its self explanatory as to what the "proper thing to do" is or lets say have some nettiquette when visiting the boards... blah blah blah sounds like a douchebag... its just the way it is... ppl hang out on here and outside of here so things are going to go onto wild tangents, its inevitable...

...true....i left that out so you could fill the space and keep the eruditious online image you so consistantly maintain...

;)

jk

...speaking of tangents, i was like 3 minutes from your house last night...on yellowstone two blocks up from woodhaven...but i was in a mad rush so i didnt bother seeing if you cats were being domestic...perhaps next time...

Originally posted by dgmodel

agreed... however in the same vein some things are just not for public consumption, and more importantly this is a public message board so its self explanatory as to what the "proper thing to do" is or lets say have some nettiquette when visiting the boards... blah blah blah sounds like a douchebag... its just the way it is... ppl hang out on here and outside of here so things are going to go onto wild tangents, its inevitable...

Yeah but on the other hand..."I neva fucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?"

Originally posted by dgmodel

That's right~!

And the word netiquette is the very appropriate word ;)

It's just frustrating when one makes up a thread, and it goes in a completely different direction than the original topic...

..then again, i do have moderator tools ... naughty.gif

havent u ever been talking with a group of friends and ur really into telling a story and someone else says something right in the middle of you speaking and everyone goes off on the direction of the comment that was said??? its the same thing here...nothing can be dun its just the way it is...

Originally posted by nomembername

Yeah but on the other hand..."I neva fucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?"

There IS a thread for posting.. [random] movie quotes..

..but I guess it is everyone's repetiive laziness that keeps the thread going...

Really we create nothing. We merely plagiarize nature. -- Jean Baitaillon

Originally posted by fkornre

havent u ever been talking with a group of friends and ur really into telling a story and someone else says something right in the middle of you speaking and everyone goes off on the direction of the comment that was said??? its the same thing here...nothing can be dun its just the way it is...

Find new friends ?

:laugh:

But in all seriousness, this is an internet messageboard, and since there's a lot of MASKING, and anonymousness, people get away with interrupting convo's...

People can realize they're going off topic and start a PM.

I guess im just venting, but it does make me a cross smurf :mad3:

Originally posted by upjumpdaboogie

There IS a thread for posting.. [random] movie quotes..

..but I guess it is everyone's repetiive laziness that keeps the thread going...

Really we create nothing. We merely plagiarize nature. -- Jean Baitaillon

If i knew more movie quotes, id participate :(

who is Jean Baitaillon? sounds Haitian..

interesting quote :laugh2:

Originally posted by gmccookny

If i knew more movie quotes, id participate :(

who is Jean Baitaillon? sounds Haitian..

interesting quote :laugh2:

no problem.. was microcosm of a larger point....

No idea.. friend of mine uses it in her AOL IM away message... I find inspirational & imaginative quotes.. fascinating... she's an elementary school teacher.. so quite possibly, a teacher(perhaps)?

Originally posted by fkornre

theres something than can be done... tell the fuckin story better and ppl will be entertained...

(not implying anything towards you just a general statement in regards to story telling, i hate it when someone is bad story teller or cant even spit out a joke properly the worst, sometimes i wish ppl had a snooze button so if theyre telling a shitty story you just snooze on their nipple or some shit and they shut up for 15mins... but whatever who cares you guys prolly already stopped reading this half way and hit post new reply and started topic something else...)