Doors at 10pm. 21 and over.

Come indulge in the hidden pleasures of SUTRA

presented by Premier Brands

DJs Shawn Rudnick & Jason Wiggill

will be spinning astunning array of house music

1 complimentary cocktail with a printout of this mailer

courtesy of Finlandia Vodka

NO COVER UNTIL MIDNIGHT

To RSVP, please email bevinoneill@aol.com.

Sutra

109 SW Second Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by DaVe

sutra-1115.gif

Grand Opening of Sutra Nightclub

Saturday, November 15th, 2003

Doors at 10pm. 21 and over.

Come indulge in the hidden pleasures of SUTRA

presented by Premier Brands

DJs Shawn Rudnick & Jason Wiggill

will be spinning astunning array of house music

1 complimentary cocktail with a printout of this mailer

courtesy of Finlandia Vodka

NO COVER UNTIL MIDNIGHT

To RSVP, please email bevinoneill@aol.com.

Sutra

109 SW Second Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hey now.....I want to check this place out. :) I hear that Shawn's pretty good. :D

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by erickamikaze

I wanna check it out too, but it will have to be another weekend.

how about a little more promotion than 4 days before the grand opening?

I totally hear ya. I wonder if Shawns the resident?

Yeah not rain on anyones parade but that place was good, like two years ago, after that it has gone through several different managements and names and down the shitter. After the grand opening again, I'll see how it goes, but it might be still ghettoville after all this time!!!

Damon 2.0

Yes...shawn is the resident dj every saturday night.

He's been there for around three years now off and on, Trying to develop some kind of weekly party in fort lauderdale but the crowd is just so inconsistant that its almost pointless...however on a good night

shawn tears it up! and there has been some great nights. I have been opening for him for the past 2 years and it is amazing even though that they almost never play hip hop in this club on a saturday night i still have about 20 people a night asking for a nelly track!

The club was re-vamped...the sound/lighting is great, and the bartenders are amazing.

Come check us out soon!

Man... those were the days...

Yeah... Sheldon and I were actually the SATURDAY residents for 2 years... (Shawn was on Fridays until we left).

That place used to get PACKED with some serious house music heads... I remember dropping tracks like King's Of Tomorrow "Finally" at 2am... and I'm not talking 'bout any dark Danny Tenaglia mixes either... and the place would go nuts....

All deep and funky house ALL NIGHT!!

Then they added the hip-hop room... and then made the hip-hop room bigger and the rest is history!

FT. LAUDERDALE BLOWS! Even Saleen stopped talking about Ft. Lauderdale! :D

I hope it does well for Shawns sake... he is a very good friend of ours and an excellent dj as well... as a matter of fact, I learned how to spin on his 1200's years ago!

Guest saleen351

1. they have been running tv commercials for a while

2. they are having issues with their license still

3. lauderdale doesn't blow, it's more fun then sobe times 10000 however the clubs are lost and the djs are just as lost. They don't know what they are doing and have zero direction and since most can't really afford a club they are pressed for hip hop when house doesn't work at first.

4. I haven't been to the new sutra yet, but i can say without any doubt, i'll walk in there and find 100 things wrong with the design and set up, they simply waste money on bs decor or non essential items.

Could Saleen pack that place once a week with paying customers with house music? 100% yes. But i refuse to work with or do parties with people who refuse to listen. Sean plays great down there, but they don't support him too much. I could book djs with sean for 200 bucks a night and they would play quality house and it would get packed. Then i'll bring in a big guns onces a month who would play for chump change.

Did anyone see that girl who works there with the black hair. They had here picture on the screen and she was dancing there. I think she is a professional dancer or something. She was hot. 10 of us are going to go back just for her. We were going to leave early until we saw her.