Trade Jeter for A-Rod?

pookie23

Trade Jeter for A-Rod?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Jeter for A-Rod?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by djjonstephen

he stepped it up big time so much that his team, who was superior in every way to the Marlins, fell short. A team led by the World Series virgin, Ivan Rodriguez

great team leader:rolleyes:

check Jeters stats this post season and WS

I thought you had an inkling of sports knowledge, even being a sox fan , but with this comment its painfully obvious You are clueless. Jeter is the best postseason position player in baseball the last 30 years and was named Captain of the yankees for a reason, ask Nomaaaaaaaahhhhhh how it is to lead by example in the post season!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bxbomb

check Jeters stats this post season and WS

I thought you had an inkling of sports knowledge, even being a sox fan , but with this comment its painfully obvious You are clueless. Jeter is the best postseason position player in baseball the last 30 years and was named Captain of the yankees for a reason, ask Nomaaaaaaaahhhhhh how it is to lead by example in the post season!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wake up call pal........last two post seasons he was in he had the best team in all of baseball behind him (who can dispute this) and the fact of the matter is.........THEY LOST

great team captain

whats the use of putting up individual stats if you dont win anything?

Jeter over A-Rod?

you must of forgot your helmet when you rode the short bus

wake up call pal........last two post seasons he was in he had the best team in all of baseball behind him (who can dispute this) and the fact of the matter is.........THEY LOST

great team captain

whats the use of putting up individual stats if you dont win anything?

Jeter over A-Rod?

you must of forgot your helmet when you rode the short bus

I never said Jeter was better than Arod and would take Arod at the start of putting a team together over Jeter any day, I did say we know what we got already with Jeter the past 8 yrs and I wouldnt trade those yrs away for arod

CHECK THE STATS ON JETER IN THE POST SEASON , HE LEADS BY EXAMPLE , IF THE OTHERS ON THE TEAM CANT FOLLOW THAT LEAD SO BE IT , you mocked him for not stepping up ..YOUR FLAT OUT WRONG...how can u question that he doesnt step it up

yeah short bus....good one

whats the use of puttin up individual stats if you dont win ANYTHING?????? Im sorry 4 rings ,and looking for one for his thumb......yeh those are nothing:rolleyes:

I never said Jeter was better than Arod and would take Arod at the start of putting a team together over Jeter any day, I did say we know what we got already with Jeter the past 8 yrs and I wouldnt trade those yrs away for arod

CHECK THE STATS ON JETER IN THE POST SEASON , HE LEADS BY EXAMPLE , IF THE OTHERS ON THE TEAM CANT FOLLOW THAT LEAD SO BE IT , you mocked him for not stepping up ..YOUR FLAT OUT WRONG...how can u question that he doesnt step it up

whats the use of puttin up individual stats if you dont win ANYTHING?????? Im sorry 4 rings ,and looking for one for his thumb......yeh those are nothing:rolleyes:

If you didn't have Mariano Rivera...there would be no way you'd have 3 of those rings ;)

Originally posted by spragga25

Well don't say that it was just Jeter that got you the rings...becasue it's obivously not the reason.

i never said it was just Jeter , and notice i said Jeter has been the best position player in postseason over the past 30 yrs ....we also have the best arm in post season over the past 30 yrs as well in Mariano

typical Yankees answer from the typical Yankees fan....your ignorance fits the stereotype

keep defending Jeter as god.....seeing as he is and all

I'm done arguing sports with people having the IQ equivalent that of a Chipmunk.....where are Cody and elementx when you want to debate intelligently?

Originally posted by vicman

looks like sheffield might go to the yankees. i didnt know gooden was his uncle.

I'd love him.. I really hope the Yanks go for him over Vlad.. I think it would turn out to be a better move in the long run..

P.S. Jon - I'm right here. ;)

typical Yankees answer from the typical Yankees fan....your ignorance fits the stereotype

keep defending Jeter as god.....seeing as he is and all

I'm done arguing sports with people having the IQ equivalent that of a Chipmunk.....where are Cody and elementx when you want to debate intelligently?

Please try again!!! you are the one with zero intelligence when it comes to sports.

Just dismissing VALID points , with juvenile retorts like shortbus , chipmunk etc. proves your an ass when it comes to the subject

Of course i defend players i like, especially Yankees and especially ones that put up numbers that can be looked up and proven...CHECK THE STATS !!!and get off Jeters nutsack and question your own demigod in NOmaaahhhh why he didnt show up in October

typical answer from typical yankee fan...Gee havnt heard that one from every" typical" Red sox fan.

Reread the thread and try to understand why you are such a hosebag

ok heres why i def. wouldnt....for one jeter is a yankee captain and always will be you cant put him on another team thats like having don mattingly play for a diff. team or somethin iots unheard of to trade a captain, hes not goin anywhere....and prolly for the most important reason the yankees are a playoff team and are strong in that department and steinbrener will always try and keep them there, how many times has A-Rod been to the playoffs, :confused: Exaclty! Jeter is Mr. October Jr. the man produces ridiculously in the playoffs he's already got the most career hits and whatever rother records...you cant trade that, i just dont think that a-rod would come here and big a big factor in october simple as that, not the factor jeter has brought to us....

The part where everyone is going wrong is when they keep saying how much Jeter has done in the post-season in comparison to Arod.

YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT COMPARISON.

Because Arod has never had the opportunities that Jeter has to play on the best team in baseball history and go to the post-season more than 50% of his career thus far.

I don't care who you are, you can't go around saying that Arod wouldn't make the same contribution to post-season if he was in Jeter's place because you don't know. You can't just go around making up things that you THINK would happen and base an entire argument on something that isn't tangible evidence.

I've basically come to the conclusion that in arguments involving Arod and Jeter, the people on Jeter's defense ALWAYS resort to his post-season performance because taking away that, AROD IS 100% BETTER AT WHAT HE DOES. And still, that argument holds little ground in my opinion because there is no proof that if Arod was in Jeter's place that he wouldn't be putting up the same numbers, if not better.

Thank you, have a nice day. :)

Originally posted by Codica3

The part where everyone is going wrong is when they keep saying how much Jeter has done in the post-season in comparison to Arod.

Because Arod has never had the opportunities that Jeter has to play on the best team in baseball history and go to the post-season more than 50% of his career thus far.

I don't care who you are, you can't go around saying that Arod wouldn't make the same contribution to post-season if he was in Jeter's place because you don't know. You can't just go around making up things that you THINK would happen and base an entire argument on something that isn't tangible evidence.

I've basically come to the conclusion that in arguments involving Arod and Jeter, the people on Jeter's defense ALWAYS resort to his post-season performance because taking away that, AROD IS 100% BETTER AT WHAT HE DOES. And still, that argument holds little ground in my opinion because there is no proof that if Arod was in Jeter's place that he wouldn't be putting up the same numbers, if not better.

I <3 Cody

and this Cody is why you give Yankees fans a good name while douchebags like bxslappy make the rest of the free world absolutely despise everything that has to do with that team......and I agree with you like I said before, I would even trade my beloved Nomah in a heartbeat for the best player in the game if salary wasnt an issue

fans like you and I will keep up the rivalry in style while bandwaggon hoppers will eventually learn their role as nothing more then fluff

btw.......we just got Schilling;)

and this Cody is why you give Yankees fans a good name while douchebags like bxslappy make the rest of the free world absolutely despise everything that has to do with that team......and I agree with you like I said before, I would even trade my beloved Nomah in a heartbeat for the best player in the game if salary wasnt an issue

fans like you and I will keep up the rivalry in style while bandwaggon hoppers will eventually learn their role as nothing more then fluff

btw.......we just got Schilling;)

keep avoiding the facts DJ Jizzbag,your the one givin baseball fans of either team the bad name.

once again i ask u to reread the thread

the funny part of this is NONE OF YOU MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL TEAM so what u say is ur opinions...no one is right or wrong...it is what you all think...dont bash someone or tell them they are wrong cause in the end if u think ur right it wont make a difference in what any team will do....

thanx :D

btw...YANKS RULE

Originally posted by fkornre

the funny part of this is NONE OF YOU MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL TEAM so what u say is ur opinions...no one is right or wrong...it is what you all think...dont bash someone or tell them they are wrong cause in the end if u think ur right it wont make a difference in what any team will do....

thanx :D

btw...YANKS RULE

It doesn't matter whether we make the decisions or not, there is still an intelligent way to discuss issues of conflict and an unintelligent way, and that's where some people on this board are going wrong. Besides, the topic of this thread was WOULD YOU trade Jeter for Arod, not WOULD STEINBRENNER trade Jeter for Arod.

keep avoiding the facts DJ Jizzbag,your the one givin baseball fans of either team the bad name.

once again i ask u to reread the thread

the facts?

ok...you said you'd take Jeter because he did well in the postseason and he has four rings......you completely neglected the fact that its the team around him that won him those four rings AS PROVEN WITH AROD WINNING THE MVP AWARD ON A LAST PLACE TEAM

terrific.....you proved your point that you're one of those blind rooting Yankees monkeys

I'm done with you

the facts?

ok...you said you'd take Jeter because he did well in the postseason and he has four rings......you completely neglected the fact that its the team around him that won him those four rings AS PROVEN WITH AROD WINNING THE MVP AWARD ON A LAST PLACE TEAM

terrific.....you proved your point that you're one of those blind rooting Yankees monkeys

I'm done with you

im not done with you asschin

REREAD again and slowly so it seeps into that chowderhead of yours.

i said i would take arod over jeter, but that atthis point i wouldnt trade my 4 rings and his performance when it counts

good argument,..Jeter whose stats lead the yanks in ws play had nothing to do with winning some rings and that the rest of the team carried his ass:rolleyes: :laugh:

keep tryin

It doesn't matter whether we make the decisions or not, there is still an intelligent way to discuss issues of conflict and an unintelligent way, and that's where some people on this board are going wrong. Besides, the topic of this thread was WOULD YOU trade Jeter for Arod, not WOULD STEINBRENNER trade Jeter for Arod.

i agree wit you 100%...i am only stating that some ppl on here get too heated and make rude and wrong comments about something they have no control over...like i said the question is would you trade and u can answer and way you want...there is no right or wrong answer...its truly amazing how "to heart" some ppl take these convos...

Originally posted by fkornre

i agree wit you 100%...i am only stating that some ppl on here get too heated and make rude and wrong comments about something they have no control over...like i said the question is would you trade and u can answer and way you want...there is no right or wrong answer...its truly amazing how "to heart" some ppl take these convos...

LOL.. it's all about the passion! :laugh: :laugh: :D

I <3 baseball! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D