1. 1. Trade Jeter for A-Rod?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Codica3

The part where everyone is going wrong is when they keep saying how much Jeter has done in the post-season in comparison to Arod.

YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT COMPARISON.

Because Arod has never had the opportunities that Jeter has to play on the best team in baseball history and go to the post-season more than 50% of his career thus far.

I don't care who you are, you can't go around saying that Arod wouldn't make the same contribution to post-season if he was in Jeter's place because you don't know. You can't just go around making up things that you THINK would happen and base an entire argument on something that isn't tangible evidence.

I've basically come to the conclusion that in arguments involving Arod and Jeter, the people on Jeter's defense ALWAYS resort to his post-season performance because taking away that, AROD IS 100% BETTER AT WHAT HE DOES. And still, that argument holds little ground in my opinion because there is no proof that if Arod was in Jeter's place that he wouldn't be putting up the same numbers, if not better.

Thank you, have a nice day. :)

100% better?

honestly, everyone in this thread is throwing out opinion after opinion w/o ever basing it in the damn statistics... or even bothering to take a more logical approach..

why is a-rod so much better than jeter according to everyone? b/c he hits more homeruns and has more rbi's? last i checked, jeter was not a power hitter, nor has he ever attempted to be... lets compare apples w/ apples now, shall we?

from a statistical POV it is not at all the case that jeter is far superior than a-rod..

career average: a-rod - .308 jeter - .317

on base percentage: a-rod - .382 jeter - .389

homeruns: a-rod - 345 jeter - 127

rbi's: a-rod - 990 jeter - 615

the last 2 stats a-rod is clearly superior in, yes... which is easily attibutable, at least in part, for the any individual w/ an actual refined baseball acumen to his ORDER IN THE LINEUP AND JOB AS A HITTER... jeter has never been expected to be a run producer... he's been expected to get on base early in the lineup... he's not supposed to hit homeruns... so to simply say that jeter doens't have as many rbi's or homers as a-rod makes him inferior is ridiculous...

or lets consider fielding percentage as well... both make around the same amount of errors... a-rod's career fielding percentage is .977 and jeter's is .973... clearly a nominal difference at best...

so i'm still trying to figure out exactly where this amazingly large difference most of you are speaking of comes from...

as far as the playoffs are concerned, cody i think you're mistaken as to what some of the responses in this thread purported... they were not comparing jeter's playoff peformance to a-rod's (while though minimal DOES in fact exist...), they are simply stating a fact... jeter has clearly proven himself to be one of the best clutch players in the history of the game, w/o a doubt... his postseason numbers are phenomenal, and no one can deny that... and to attest his inferiority to the fact that he played on the best team (arguable... i still dont' think they were the best team in baseball this year at all) and the still couldn't win this year is a joke... basically, by that logic a-rod playing for a piss poor team in texas should not be justification for his lack of postseason participiation, b/c what you're essentially saying is that it didnt' matter that the majority of the team (yanks) played awful throughout the playoffs, if he was so great he still should have found a way for them to win it... thus a-rod has no excuse for his inability to get to the WS... now clearly this is absurd...

Originally posted by PFloyd40

100% better?

honestly, everyone in this thread is throwing out opinion after opinion w/o ever basing it in the damn statistics... or even bothering to take a more logical approach..

why is a-rod so much better than jeter according to everyone? b/c he hits more homeruns and has more rbi's? last i checked, jeter was not a power hitter, nor has he ever attempted to be... lets compare apples w/ apples now, shall we?

from a statistical POV it is not at all the case that jeter is far superior than a-rod..

career average: a-rod - .308 jeter - .317

on base percentage: a-rod - .382 jeter - .389

homeruns: a-rod - 345 jeter - 127

rbi's: a-rod - 990 jeter - 615

the last 2 stats a-rod is clearly superior in, yes... which is easily attibutable, at least in part, for the any individual w/ an actual refined baseball acumen to his ORDER IN THE LINEUP AND JOB AS A HITTER... jeter has never been expected to be a run producer... he's been expected to get on base early in the lineup... he's not supposed to hit homeruns... so to simply say that jeter doens't have as many rbi's or homers as a-rod makes him inferior is ridiculous...

or lets consider fielding percentage as well... both make around the same amount of errors... a-rod's career fielding percentage is .977 and jeter's is .973... clearly a nominal difference at best...

so i'm still trying to figure out exactly where this amazingly large difference most of you are speaking of comes from...

as far as the playoffs are concerned, cody i think you're mistaken as to what some of the responses in this thread purported... they were not comparing jeter's playoff peformance to a-rod's (while though minimal DOES in fact exist...), they are simply stating a fact... jeter has clearly proven himself to be one of the best clutch players in the history of the game, w/o a doubt... his postseason numbers are phenomenal, and no one can deny that... and to attest his inferiority to the fact that he played on the best team (arguable... i still dont' think they were the best team in baseball this year at all) and the still couldn't win this year is a joke... basically, by that logic a-rod playing for a piss poor team in texas should not be justification for his lack of postseason participiation, b/c what you're essentially saying is that it didnt' matter that the majority of the team (yanks) played awful throughout the playoffs, if he was so great he still should have found a way for them to win it... thus a-rod has no excuse for his inability to get to the WS... now clearly this is absurd...

Exactly , i did try using stats and begged some of the Jeter haters too look them up , but they choose to take a different route in their arguments.My defense of Jeter as a postseason monster and a team leader seems to have struck a chord with some

This will be Jon stephens response: "Pfloyd your such a typical Yankee fan , your a bandwagon fan , the yanks suck etc etc blah blah"

Originally posted by PFloyd40

just some more commentary...

a-rod winning the mvp was a fucking travesty...

a-rod: Avg: .298 HR: 47 RBI: 118

carlos delgado: Avg: .302 HR: 42 RBI: 145

and delgado played on a winning team that was in the playoff hunt for more than just the first month, in fact all season...

Come on man...since when does being 10+ games out mean that they were playoff hunt? :tongue::laugh:

Originally posted by spragga25

Come on man...since when does being 10+ games out mean that they were playoff hunt? :tongue::laugh:

in the middle of august they were 8 games out... certainly qualifies as being in the hunt... tough to be in a division w/ both the yanks and bo-sox... an 86-76 record in a division like that is very strong...

Originally posted by spragga25

...but they still had no chance...8 games out in that division is like 18 in any other.

agreed... i'll admit they never really had a chance considering either the sox or yanks were obviously gonna end up w/ the wild card... but they still had a solid year all things considered...

i just think delgado's numbers warranted the mvp more b/ c they were better and on a much better team... if anything, a-rod's numbers fell off from previous big years... to tell you the truth this year was nothing spectacular for him or even relative to the big guns... manny ramirez and bret boone both had similar, if not better, years than a-rod on great teams no less...

Originally posted by bxbomb

Exactly , i did try using stats and begged some of the Jeter haters too look them up , but they choose to take a different route in their arguments.My defense of Jeter as a postseason monster and a team leader seems to have struck a chord with some

This will be Jon stephens response: "Pfloyd your such a typical Yankee fan , your a bandwagon fan , the yanks suck etc etc blah blah"

no.....here's my response to you

attachment.php?s=&postid=1769347

Originally posted by djjonstephen

no.....here's my response to you

attachment.php?s=&postid=1769347

its been a slice of heaven Scooter,

I guess im done now, you clearly won your argument by destroying me with that pic..:rolleyes:

You said you were done with me on this thread and then you come back in with that???!!