Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question for computer people out there

my computer is moving real slow, things like scrolling down a page takes like 10 minutes...anyone know what i can do?...it seems to only be on the internet...things like word documents r OK but its so god damn frustrating...i use optimum online so maybe others r having the same problem???

Try emptying your cookie files, and temporary internet files.

If you use internet explorer:

click Tools -> Internet Options

then click the delete cookies button, and the Delete temporary files button. You want to "Delete all offline content"

Additionally try running a defragmentation program.

goto http://www.xparadigm.com if you have more questions. (its a tech help forum)

sounds like you have spyware on your computer and possibly virus. I suggest downloading "Spybot Search and Destroy" which is free and works great on my computer. If that won't help then you should check your system for Viruse, Mcafee has a free search tool on their website so you can do that first before buying one. hope this helps

Search and Destroy can be found here

After you have done what everyone else previously suggested, disable your screensaver, close out of all windows and applications, run a scan disk (Start-Programs-Accessories-System tools-Scan Disk-Thorough clean up-auto fix errors) you might want to do this at night since it may take several hours. After this is complete follow the same path to system tools and run a disk defragmentation.