Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Atkins

ferrari360

I know most people tend to eat everything in sight while bulking, but I am thinking about starting an all-protein/all unsaturated fat diet, and want to know if I can expect to make size gains without a high carb intake. If not, why?

josieM149.jpg

I say bad idea. A ketogenic diet like you are planning is catabolic by nature and not suited to gaining size..............rather suited to dieting off fat.

Lyle McDonald, author of "The Ketogenic Diet" and "Ultimate Diet 2.0" is against CKD or Keto, whatever you want to call it, for mass gain.

Do some more research on the web if you want more references on this, but bottom line, I doubt you'll find anyone that recommends a no-carb diet for mass gaining, no way.

UGH! :mad:

i decided today to stop doing this low (20 grams or less) carb diet i was on the last two weeks because i am having serious lifting issues.

today was the last straw, when i did *7* total reps fewer on squats than last week!

to hell with quick weight loss... i'd rather lose fat slowly and be able to at least maintain my muscle mass than keep on having to scale back my workouts in a major way every week.

while i realize that one shouldn't expect significant gains on any diet, this no carb stuff is definitely something i wouldn't recommend to anyone who lifts heavy stuff on a regular basis.

What about the carb-loading phase of CKD (cyclic-ketogenic diet), as in eating all carbs and protein for 36-48 hrs at the end of the week? This is supposed to replenish glycogen levels and prevent muscle mass losses, is it not?

josieM149.jpg

Originally posted by ferrari360

What about the carb-loading phase of CKD (cyclic-ketogenic diet), as in eating all carbs and protein for 36-48 hrs at the end of the week? This is supposed to replenish glycogen levels and prevent muscle mass losses, is it not?

i was considering this, but the workout schedule associated with it (intense M, T following weekend carbup, then depletion workout F) doesn't fit my needs at this time.

:|