Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How can u call yourself a JP fan.....

I hit up quite a few of the Earth parties. For the first 6 or 7 months, the parties were insane, and Arena Classics was better than any party I'd ever been to at Sound Factory under JP's residency. But attendance at Earth did start to decline alot during the last few months before its eventual closing. Musically, however, Junior never fell off, even on nights when there were only a handfull of people in the club. I did go on one particular night when Junior took a leave of absence, and That Kid Chris ripped the place up very nicely for a couple of hours.

Teknojunkee,

Were there any reasons other than the dying crowd and shitty ownership / management that made you feel that the Earth parties were horrible?

Well I went to all the events, with the exception of the Neffertiti party and the outlaw party, all the regular parties were packed from 5 am Sunday to midnight Monday morning. I left the Halloween party 7pm Sunday night and it was so packed you couldn't move in there. The underware party was crazy packed. They new parties added to the yearly parties weren't as packed as the parties like the S&M party or the Anniversary party, or even the Birthday party. But all in all the parties have been crazy busy and with the door going up to 50 Richard was doing lovely.

Originally posted by princessofsf

Well I went to all the events, with the exception of the Neffertiti party and the outlaw party, all the regular parties were packed from 5 am Sunday to midnight Monday morning. I left the Halloween party 7pm Sunday night and it was so packed you couldn't move in there. The underware party was crazy packed. They new parties added to the yearly parties weren't as packed as the parties like the S&M party or the Anniversary party, or even the Birthday party. But all in all the parties have been crazy busy and with the door going up to 50 Richard was doing lovely.

I am talking about nights that werent theme nights. The numbers werent as good as they used to be. Richard Grant is a businessman, he did what he thinks would make him the most money.