Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Wish List for Nocturnal

johnnyblack

We all know that OG Miami Reads the board so i, like many others, are anxiously awaiting the opening of Nocturnal Downtown. But i am hoping that if we give them our wish list now we can influence what they do. So how about this one........ Edgar V Afterhours? Every Saturday?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'de like to see a good mix. with 3 rooms you can have variety. With Nocturnal being different than the other clubs, I am hoping to hear a different sound. It would be cool to hear 3 different genres within one club. But with that being said I am pretty sure there will be one hip hop area, but can we make it only songs before 2000 and go old skool?:confused:

DJ's I woud like to see as residents: Edgar V, Jimmy T, Matt Martinez, Zabeila ( I can dream), Matt Spector, and then a chance to have some of the lesser known locals get a shot.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Even though everyone is sooooo against hip hop, you gotta realize that there is BIG potential if a club CORRECTLY taps into that crowd. Meaning no bling-bling flashing, platinum teeth wearing, gun toting, and cristal popping. Being a miami native surrounded by new yorkers, I grew up with true hip hop and am craving some real beats. Some dirty, old school hip hop, complete with scratching, progressing to some hardcore breakbeats. Lure all those dancers from The Edge, that have been lurking here and there and show these pansy asses how to MOVE.

In the spirit of Nocturnal wanting to bring us different sounds, this wouldnt be a bad thing coming from them.

So now all you EM elitists, go ahead and rip away. I'm ready for ya. :D

Jackie,

I totallly back you up on what you are hoping for and you and I are pretty much on the same page, thats why I said old skool Hip Hop and then add in the other things.

Just other wishes and concerns:

One thing is puzzling me as of now about Nocturnal. I know Dade is trying to go with a different clientel from othe other venue and wants to go with more upscale. My concern is: with the upscale scene do you lose the credibility of qaulity music and the muscially educated? Being that we are such a small percentage of the overall crowd it is hard to see the same people that go to Venu hangin out with the upscale scene.

I would love to seee a happy medium between the two, but it wil be interesting on how it plays out. I was not down here in the days of Shadow Lounge and can only go by the scene from the last 2 years.

Can't wait for it to Open

ERICK,

INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON ONE CROWD CLUBS THE SIZE OF NOCTURNAL ARE PROBABLY GONNA HAVE TO GO AFTER ALL TYPES OF CROWDS TO FILL THE PLACE! MUSIC LOVERS, UPSCALE A LIST CROWD, AND HIP HOPPERS ALL IN ONE PLACE.

FROM THE LOOKS OF THE PLACE THEY GOTTA GOOD CHANCE AT PULLING IT OFF!

JUST MY 2CENTS

Originally posted by johnnyblack

yeah...i am not a big trance guy either. i also think it has taken it toll on the youth of this world and that we should now move in a brighter, happier direction. So any other suggestions for late night or early morning...which ever you prefer....DJ?

What toll has it taken in our youth ??? :confused:.....stereotypical comment .

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by nexusgroove

if that club looks like the renders in 3D that someone posted here. It's going to look cool, but!

I don't think that look will last to long.

Is Space and Nocturnal going to be playing the same style of music?

they are going to be neck to neck. I wonder who will win.

nocturnal is much much smaller than space, and with Dade knowing every dj on earth since he owned shadow lounge, he'll get the best price around since lots of djs don't want to deal with space, aka digweed or sasha etc...

lets review

better sound

smaller

same djs

run by a proven team

it's a no brainer

Originally posted by saleen351

nocturnal is much much smaller than space, and with Dade knowing every dj on earth since he owned shadow lounge, he'll get the best price around since lots of djs don't want to deal with space, aka digweed or sasha etc...

lets review

better sound

smaller

same djs

run by a proven team

it's a no brainer

ok let me throw this one down,

What is the relationship between LP and Dave?

Do you know specs like sound gear and lighting systems?

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Jackie,

I totallly back you up on what you are hoping for and you and I are pretty much on the same page, thats why I said old skool Hip Hop and then add in the other things.

Just other wishes and concerns:

One thing is puzzling me as of now about Nocturnal. I know Dade is trying to go with a different clientel from othe other venue and wants to go with more upscale. My concern is: with the upscale scene do you lose the credibility of qaulity music and the muscially educated? Being that we are such a small percentage of the overall crowd it is hard to see the same people that go to Venu hangin out with the upscale scene.

I would love to seee a happy medium between the two, but it wil be interesting on how it plays out. I was not down here in the days of Shadow Lounge and can only go by the scene from the last 2 years.

Can't wait for it to Open

Upscale doesn't have to mean compromised music quality. A good example would be the events we do at Opium Garden - upscale venue and great music. Add in a very high end sound and light system and I think the venue can appeal to a wide range of clientele.

I think there's more than enough space for Nocturnal, Space, and other clubs to flourish downtown - it's crucial that there is more than one venue in that area to encourage more people to make the trip.

Originally posted by nexusgroove

Do you know specs like sound gear and lighting systems?

I do I do! It'll be a fantastic system in there.

But yeah, Downtown needs variety...Nocturnal isn't gonna compete directly with Space...they've seen the results of the last 3 or 4 clubs to try...Fuel, Living Room, Exile, The Beach, and NV...all of which are or will be history.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by pod

I do I do! It'll be a fantastic system in there.

But yeah, Downtown needs variety...Nocturnal isn't gonna compete directly with Space...they've seen the results of the last 3 or 4 clubs to try...Fuel, Living Room, Exile, The Beach, and NV...all of which are or will be history.

Fuel?

Ofcourse, it will always be direct competition, to say that is not, its to say that each club is playing different kind of music with the INVISIBLE DJS THAT NOONE KNOWS ABOUT.

Its direct competition and LP will be there to fuck with them till the end.

lets face it its WAR.

may the best man win.

i have my money in my pocket....hehehehe

GO NOC GO

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Fuel?

3 years ago Fuel was the first club to try and take on Space...they failed miserably due to bad marketing and booking second rate DJs...the three clubs after that made the same mistake.

Originally posted by saleen351

lets review

better sound

smaller

same djs

run by a proven team

it's a no brainer

Fact # 1 nocturnal team is not that smart first off they fired the contractor cause one of there friends said they can do the job for cheaper. Bad move they came to realize that it was going to cost them a lot more and a lot longer to open because the first contractor owns the plans. First dumb move now, here’s the 2nd they are going to be serving food, did they forget the law that you can’t smoke if you serve food. Well I guess you can smoke in the patio and the place keeps getting smaller and smaller cause of codes and stuff so good luck.