Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Wish List for Nocturnal

johnnyblack

Originally posted by laliux

This I don't understand...why isn't going to be Nocturnal direct competition for Space???

If they are going to cater to the Prive/Opium/Pearl crowd yes I'd agree but if they are going to be bringing good DJs like John Diwgeed, Carl Cox or who knows who else then Nocturnal IS going to be direct competition to Space unless they stick to the Cedric Gervais's or Ivano Bellini's kinda DJs.

We'll see.

The ideas of an amazing, upscale environment and outstanding music are not mutually exclusive. The reason that we are saying that it's not direct competition for Space is that we believe there is a vast difference in what we are going to do and what they do. They do an amazing job of what they do and our vision is that the two will compliment each other.

The truth is that there has been a lot of talk about DJs and who will play where but when we announce what we're doing, you'll all get it. Soon enough.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by laliux

This I don't understand...why isn't going to be Nocturnal direct competition for Space???

If they are going to cater to the Prive/Opium/Pearl crowd yes I'd agree but if they are going to be bringing good DJs like John Diwgeed, Carl Cox or who knows who else then Nocturnal IS going to be direct competition to Space unless they stick to the Cedric Gervais's or Ivano Bellini's kinda DJs.

We'll see.

You are right. Add to it that Space COULDN'T keep up with a Friday nite for a long time.

First off, the Privé/Mynt crowd is not going to leave the beach. Can you imagine those overdressed butterflies making their way from the lot to the club? Or even driving their precious credit cars across the bridge? On another board I made a comment that their heads were likely to explode once they hit the demarcation line between Miami and Miami Beach.

For that reason alone, I don't see Nocturnal going with that crowd...you can have a slick-looking venue with a "real" crowd...I've seen it before...hell Marco, look at Luna on Saturday...nice looking venue with a real crowd....I know there's a size difference, but still...:)

I definatly disagree with the thinking that the Prive/Mynt crowd wont come downtown. i think that LP and Space had it going in the right direction when this whole thing first started. People of all types and tax brackets were coming togeather to party and enjoy the music. They only reason that they stopped is because of the negative press and the overall dark feeling Space gave them. This is one of the most significant differences between space and Nocturnal. Nocturnal is being designed with everything in mind. We have all seen the differences in lounges/clubs/ultralounges and superclubs.......well the nocturnal guys have taken all this into account and designed a place for EVERYONE!!!

Listen, everyone fact remains that afterhours have always and i mean always been a very huge sucess of the miaminitelife.

To say that SP VS NC is not direct competition is like saying that Crobar, Opium, Nikki's have different crowds.

Your catering to that same element beucase that element has been given to that region, yes you might get a few different people here and there but your going after the MASSES.

At the end of the day the people coming out of the clubs wasted are going to add to the core crowed thats comes to each of these venues.

So again...afterhours is what made miami since 1989 till now.......everyone wants to party after the party is over.

NOC will compete and LP knows it.

Go NOC go

SPACE is :blown: :blown:

Originally posted by pod

First off, the Privé/Mynt crowd is not going to leave the beach. Can you imagine those overdressed butterflies making their way from the lot to the club? Or even driving their precious credit cars across the bridge? On another board I made a comment that their heads were likely to explode once they hit the demarcation line between Miami and Miami Beach.

For that reason alone, I don't see Nocturnal going with that crowd...you can have a slick-looking venue with a "real" crowd...I've seen it before...hell Marco, look at Luna on Saturday...nice looking venue with a real crowd....I know there's a size difference, but still...:)

Podster, you really have to get that rage under control. I'm worried about you, Buddy.

Originally posted by johnnyblack

I definatly disagree with the thinking that the Prive/Mynt crowd wont come downtown. i think that LP and Space had it going in the right direction when this whole thing first started. People of all types and tax brackets were coming togeather to party and enjoy the music. They only reason that they stopped is because of the negative press and the overall dark feeling Space gave them. This is one of the most significant differences between space and Nocturnal. Nocturnal is being designed with everything in mind. We have all seen the differences in lounges/clubs/ultralounges and superclubs.......well the nocturnal guys have taken all this into account and designed a place for EVERYONE!!!

Thanks, Black. We really are just working with the idea that there should be something for everyone and that it should be the best it can be. Many have formed opinions about the club already but I think they're going to be surprised.