Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So what how does everyone feel about SPACE?

ghost69

Originally posted by ecpolo521

The one complaint I still have about Space is that fuckin' loser, Frenchy, who continues to work the door. Otherwise, it sucks you've had bad experiences @ Space.

He Hasn't been with us since well over a month. Eric is the new Door guy & he does a great job. Greets everyone, very courteous and polite. The Space door has drastically improved without a doubt.

Originally posted by biznation00

He Hasn't been with us since well over a month. Eric is the new Door guy & he does a great job. Greets everyone, very courteous and polite. The Space door has drastically improved without a doubt.

Agreed :) ...the new door guy does treat people nicer and more corteous than stephan .

Well thats good to hear...now I have something to look foward to in December. Hey Biz...see you Dec.6th for Lawler. I'll get in contact with you before hand to set something up like last time if possible. Can't wait. Take care. :D

-E

:jawdrop:

I hardly ever post but reading all that "Fuzzing" about Space makes me do this:

Listen up "Haters of Space INC."

I can't believe that you have nothing else to do, than to rip on Space. U remind me of that looser who was driving repeatedly by Space this Sunday Morning with a big “Fuck Space†Sign attached to his car. (Go figure – What excitement for a Sunday Morning)

Get a fucking life. Deep down inside u all have to admit: If it would not have been for Space you would not have any decent entertainment in Miami. Space has opened the portal for the “real†electronic music industry to come over here.

Like it or not, Space is here to stay and regardless of all the haters out there it IS the best Club in Miami.

AMEN

Originally posted by housefreak

:jawdrop:

I hardly ever post but reading all that "Fuzzing" about Space makes me do this:

Listen up "Haters of Space INC."

I can't believe that you have nothing else to do, than to rip on Space. U remind me of that looser who was driving repeatedly by Space this Sunday Morning with a big “Fuck Space†Sign attached to his car. (Go figure – What excitement for a Sunday Morning)

Get a fucking life. Deep down inside u all have to admit: If it would not have been for Space you would not have any decent entertainment in Miami. Space has opened the portal for the “real†electronic music industry to come over here.

Like it or not, Space is here to stay and regardless of all the haters out there it IS the best Club in Miami.

AMEN

Well put :aright::D

Guest brwneydtrouble

It may be the best club in miami, have the best DJ's. It truly does hold a special place in my heart just like pepole hold Shadow and Liquid in their hearts. I never got to go to those places. Another place that holds a place in my heart is Spin, friday nights.

The fact of the matter IS, that Space no longer gives me that warm fuzzy feeling anymore. Its more like a lifeless empty shell that plays good music. Thats IT. If I go, its because i've been somewhere else most of the night and just want to keep partying. Other than when Lawler comes to town. IM THERE.

On the part of the bottle....personally if I'm paying that much money I want to open it myself or have it opened in front of me. When you go to a restaurant, god forbid they serve you a wine bottle that was already opened.

:idea: When I go to restaurants & order a corona from the waitress, she comes back with an open corona bottle! When I go to Crobar & many other places & I sit at a Vip Table- the waitress brings us an open bottle & serves us! How can many of you make this an issue all of a sudden?? :rolleyes:

This has got to be the silliest argument in the history of clubplanet!

The waitresses & servers are there to serve you. Their job is to bring you a bottle ready to serve. That's what they do. This "I wanna see the bottle opened in front of my face" is a serious crock of shit, that all of a sudden pops up along with all the other space hate issues!

Till this day I've never seen anyone prefer to ask for a bottle opened in front of them. But now that some idiot mentions some bogus grey goose bullshit, everyone wants to follow along buyin' into his ridiculous statement.

Our Bar Manager "Smiley" & Vip Director "Robert" are 2 of the most service oriented & proper people involved in Management @ Space. If anyone here knows them & how they work, then I'm sure they can back me on this statement.

aside from that, there's a simple solution to this problem. If you are one to buy into this bonsai bullshit or accuse us of doin' such a thing then please do yourselves & us the favor and stay away from Space!

Off the topic:

You know, I was talkin' to Louis the other day & he said something that made a lot of sense. He said "The reason why people came to Space for the closing parties is for the same reason why people in the christ era attended a high profile Crucifixion".

The Space closing party was a "not to miss" event & you know very well that the entire clubbing community & the who's who of clubs would be there in attendance. So you along with everyone else would flock out to space like a pack of birds heading south to avoid the cold winter. The funny thing is that the closing parties are very similar to the Tiesto/DT/PVD nights ect.. A large percentage of the people who attend these & only these events with a BIG phony smile on their face aren't the week-to-week Space patron.

We're thankful to see a packed house for big events like Tiesto/PVD/DT & the closing parties. But when we think of what changes to make or who to reward, the first people that come to mind are the ones who are there on a regular basis and above all those are the people who I truly look forward to & enjoy rewarding on BIG event nights.

Guest brwneydtrouble

:idea: When I go to restaurants & order a corona from the waitress, she comes back with an open corona bottle! When I go to Crobar & many other places & I sit at a Vip Table- the waitress brings us an open bottle & serves us! How can many of you make this an issue all of a sudden?? :rolleyes:

The waitresses & servers are there to serve you. Their job is to bring you a bottle ready to serve. That's what they do. This "I wanna see the bottle opened in front of my face" is a serious crock of shit, that all of a sudden pops up along with all the other space hate issues!

Till this day I've never seen anyone prefer to ask for a bottle opened in front of them. But now that some idiot mentions some bogus grey goose bullshit, everyone wants to follow along buyin' into his ridiculous statement.

Our Bar Manager "Smiley" & Vip Director "Robert" are 2 of the most service oriented & proper people involved in Management @ Space. If anyone here knows them & how they work, then I'm sure they can back me on this statement.

aside from that, there's a simple solution to this problem. If you are one to buy into this bonsai bullshit or accuse us of doin' such a thing then please do yourselves & us the favor and stay away from Space!

When im paying $500 for a $50 bottle of vodka, I'd like to open it myself. Since I have never bought a bottle at Space or any club for that matter, this has never occurred to me. Its not a "Space hate" issue and my point was not directed to the club specifically since I have never been personally put in that position. I'm not buying into any bullshit, its an opinion and all opinions are valid.

I know Smiley and Robert as well, I never said anything to slander them and will vouch that they are stand up guys from what I can tell. I never concern myself with VIP treatment and service because frankly I dont give a shit. I go in there to say hi to certain DJ's and get the fuck out unless one of my friends wants me to stay and have a drink. THEN I get the fuck out.

If this is such a non-issue, you've got a lot of nerve directing such a pointed reply to me.

SPACE SHOULD OPEN A MESSAGE BOARD ON THIER SITE.

:)

And remove the flash site and make it more of a interactive place fpr people to hand out and talk.

Also they should have live broadcast online str8 from space, why not. thay have a T1 just sitting there, it's not hard to broadcast online. Or have a live video feed online of whats going on inside the club.

I would be down to do something like that.

but really, a space message board so space and it's visitors can be closer and be able to answer question direct, not thru some 3rd party site.

Hey bizz....... u got my table for PVD right....

Space's messageboard would be a disaster waiting to happen. If anyone remember's Shadow Lounges' UBB, it got quite out of hand at the time. Dade can tell you fond stories of that one, including the tale of Extacee Al. But on the other hand, it was the authoritative place to get Shadow Lounge info. If Space does a messageboard, someone needs to be on that shit all the time to put the smackdown on people.

Off the topic:

You know, I was talkin' to Louis the other day & he said something that made a lot of sense. He said "The reason why people came to Space for the closing parties is for the same reason why people in the christ era attended a high profile Crucifixion".

The Space closing party was a "not to miss" event & you know very well that the entire clubbing community & the who's who of clubs would be there in attendance. So you along with everyone else would flock out to space like a pack of birds heading south to avoid the cold winter. The funny thing is that the closing parties are very similar to the Tiesto/DT/PVD nights ect.. A large percentage of the people who attend these & only these events with a BIG phony smile on their face aren't the week-to-week Space patron.

We're thankful to see a packed house for big events like Tiesto/PVD/DT & the closing parties. But when we think of what changes to make or who to reward, the first people that come to mind are the ones who are there on a regular basis and above all those are the people who I truly look forward to & enjoy rewarding on BIG event nights.

Corona is 6 bucks - Belvedere is $250.00 - big difference.

SPACE PROS:

1. Music/DJ Line up - strongest DJ talent week in and week out.

2. Staff - for the most part good - except for the bouncers who take drugs and resell them.

SPACE CONS:

1. Lying to its customers.

2. Its owner - to make a statement like what you posted is disgusting and only further casts a negative light on him - guess he will never learn.

Just like everything in life . . . you may like something at first but after some point it gets tired. The Space closing party was a very easy event to miss . . and judging from the crowds there lately . . . many people are finding Space very easy to miss.

And I will stay away from Space - like many others - but it is not as a favor to you or LP.

Who cares when the bottle is opened? As long as it's not half empty or tainted with strychnine or VX, I don't care whether it's open or closed...if it's open it's one less stop on the way to my liver :laugh:

Again, I usually get the little pour things so it's never been an issue with me...

Bitching about the bottle being open or closed upon receipt, especially in a club where the VIP is secondary, just seems like nitpicking to me...the Germans have a better phrase, i'm not sure what it is, but it's english translation is "ants fucking".

Originally posted by pod

Who cares when the bottle is opened? As long as it's not half empty or tainted with strychnine or VX, I don't care whether it's open or closed...if it's open it's one less stop on the way to my liver :laugh:

Again, I usually get the little pour things so it's never been an issue with me...

Bitching about the bottle being open or closed upon receipt, especially in a club where the VIP is secondary, just seems like nitpicking to me...the Germans have a better phrase, i'm not sure what it is, but it's english translation is "ants fucking".

I disagree - when you are paying top dollar, you deserve to be treated that way. There is no reason that ANY club should serve an open bottle.

The Space VIP has always been good to me and my friends . . I am surprised to hear about people having problems. And Robert has always been the best.

Robert's the Man...woah we agreed on something Space related...yeah I'm scared too!

I'm not used to the nicities of top-dollar high society treatment, so it never occured to me that the bottle is closed when it hits the table...:)

Guest brwneydtrouble

I never said I had a problem there, people READ!!

But with all the shady shit that Space has been accused of, serving an open vodka bottle WILL lead people to speculate about the actual contents of the bottle. Its very easy to just refill it wil second rate vodka, and YES most people will not tell the difference.

Then again, most of the people in VIP aren't there for the quality of their drinks, but to be seen. Therefore its not the vodka they are paying for, but the label of VIP. In that vein, let them pay $350 or whatever for their open bottles.

I'll have my Ketel One vodka on the rocks from the bar thank you.

In a plastic cup at that.

Oh and another thing - I TOTALLY agree with sobe2003. "I will stay away from Space - like many others - but it is not as a favor to you or LP."