Clubplanet Nightlife Community

D:Fuse at Spundae Dec 6th?

borlab

well, the best i can dig up is that that night is supposed to be donald glaude, but also that that announcement was made 4 weeks ago and may very well be null and void. spundae and g r oove tickets don't have anything posted, so they're no help. sorry i can't give you anything solid :( !

• 2 weeks later...

D:Fuse is opening for Donald Glaude this Saturday. Not seen Glaude but have read he puts on a great show. They should be a terrific combo.

$15 tickets available here:

http://www.spundae.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1380

I'm visiting from out of town and have never been to Spundae Circus, comments on the following subjects would be appreciated:

- how is parking around the club? How early do you need to be to find a good/safe spot?

- any decent restaurants or bars within walking distance?

- what is the dress code?

- do they allow small battery powered lights and glow sticks?

Any other tips or "words of wisdom" (Weyes?).

Let's see a good turnout for D:Fuse, I would be glad to pass any musical requests along to the D-Man (personally I'm hoping he spins a couple of Sander K's recent releases).

i meant to tell you that d:fuse was gonna be there when i heard that a few days ago; i'm sorry i forgot, borlab :( . i really like donald glaude live; you should enjoy him. i saw him last year in december - on my birthday, actually (dec. 27th). and spundae is always great; i've never had a bad or even a so-so night there. spundae is my fave club, as everyone on this board has seen me write a million times :funny: .

you can find street parking around the area. there is also a lot across the way for $4 or 5, and i think the lot right at circus is $7 or so, but i've never parked there. i generally park on the street, but my best friend prefers to park in the lot because the area isn't that well-lit.

i always arrive at spundae around 10 and everything flows very smoothly then. people on this board have complained about waiting in lines at spundae, and i've never had to wait longer than a few minutes for anything. getting there early is always a good idea.

as far as restaurants and bars are concerned, i don't think there's anything around there.

there is no dress code! it's one of the things i love about spundae. people are mostly dressed pretty casually, but there's a bit of a mix.

lights and glowsticks are fine and used by quite a few folks.

if you get there early enough, there's free fruit on the patio. yum :aright: !

from the door guy that hugs everyone to the clubbers themselves, spundae has the friendliest vibe around :heart: . i hope you have a great time :D !

just a FYI - on a big name DJ night its generally recommended that you arrive before 11pm to avoid the lines. I don't know what kind of pull Glaude and D:Fuse has...

No nearby bars or pubs or restaurants. But the hotdog stand right outside at the corner has hotdogs that are to die for - figuratively, and literally :D

Here's what D:Fuse had to say about this Saturday night at Spundae:

----------------

Glaude is really solid live. He puts a lot of energy behind the decks and plays hard and funky house. He really interacts with the crowd. I'll be on 12-2am, Glaude 2-4am.

Pete Lorimer is also on the bill, he's a solid producer and amazing engineer, I'm writing a lot of tracks on my album in his studio. He'll be playing floor-friendly Trance so arrive early. He'll be on 9-12am.

Should be a sellout. Can't wait for this one.

D:Fuse

-----------------

:D

Oh it will be an awesome night though! Sorry won't be there.. :(

Just be careful for the "undercover, I'm wearing an ear piece" guys. They're everywhere and not to mention the new cameras all over the club :) FYI...

But be kind to Alex (guy with a cowboy hat) and give Cole (guy who takes your ticket a wonderful smile and a "what's up" ) and you're night will go great,...

but like Tequiza said go before 11:00.. both glaude and d:fuse are pretty popular here...

Glaude has so much energy so make sure you see him.. he puts on an awesome show.. oh yeah and it's steaming hot in there so dress less... :)!

ah - you know what it is? my best friend seeks out vents on the dancefloor and we stand under them :idea: . i guess i've gotten used to that :laugh2: . but that technique has been more effective at spundae then anywhere else we've been. most places are hopeless (*cough* park plaza *cough* everywhere in nyc *cough*).

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

...pssst.. when are you coming out next?

well, we were gonna go to spundae on my birthday (december 27th) but nobody good is gonna be there :( . my best friend wanted to go to red instead, but i have to work on my birthday the day after, so i dunno about that... maybe, if i don't have to work till the afternoon, we'll go to red. christopher lawrence, a cake, and the buffet are good thangs... will YOU be at red on the 26th?

i'll be at diggers on new year's, definitely.

well new years is out of the picture too much $$ and i usually stay home

I will be at RED though on the 26th and I also work that next day too so I think you should come out.. I'll have a goodie bag and a bday card for you too!

but spundae the 27th is probably out of the picture.. unless I meet up with you and your friends before hand and then hither over there all together.. then i might be in... :)

man, blue; my birthday weekend is turning out to be way more complicated than it should be :( . i wish i had a job with normal days and hours. i HAVE to work the saturday after x-mas, and i'm not looking forward to it. it's gonna be a nuthouse for 3 reasons: people will be at the mall for after-christmas sales, to redeem gift certificates, and MOST OF ALL, to return gifts they didn't want. i hate that, 'cause they don't have receipts, there's a lot of fraud, people get really ugly... my manager gets to be a real asshole, too. what a crappy way to spend a birthday :( !!! i so wish that spundae had someone good that night.

well, i may be able to be swayed about red. and i'd like to see you before new year's; it's been a while :) .

Wanted to let everyone know how much fun I had at Spundae last Saturday. Very friendly club, nice party environment. I liked the way you could go outside and walk around. Ventilation was OK, and the sound system was very good (not as good as Arc in NY though).

Talked to the guy with the hat, hugged the guy at the door, spoke with some of the fine dancing girls... Wish I could go back this Saturday to see John 00!

Thanks for the tips and helpful info, let me know if you ever need anything here in DC.

Bo