Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rockyblue

the menu so far:

turkey roast (meatless :))

green bean casserole

salad

cranberry sauce

eggplant parmesian (courtesy of ken)

scalloped potatoes (courtesy of funkyfresh)

pumkin and apple pie (courtesy of crank)

Add chile colorado (red chile) and beans and rice to the menu.

I couldn't bear to leave here without leaving behind some mexiCAN food for everyone.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by Kuro

If you do then make sure you don't drink at dinner.

hahaha, i guess, knowing me, thats a valid comment. but i swear, i dont drink with family. i never have, i never will, not until im like 40 or married or something. i can promise you that i wont be drinking at thanksgiving dinner.

Originally posted by jroo

hahaha, i guess, knowing me, thats a valid comment. but i swear, i dont drink with family. i never have, i never will, not until im like 40 or married or something. i can promise you that i wont be drinking at thanksgiving dinner.

that is something that i have never understood. i mean your not going to get drunk but a drink, or a beer, or a glass of wine with family isn't bad.

my cousins do the same thing, they don't drink or smoke in front of their parents, even though they are old enough and have kids of thier own, i've never understood this. :confused:

Originally posted by vicman

that is something that i have never understood. i mean your not going to get drunk but a drink, or a beer, or a glass of wine with family isn't bad.

my cousins do the same thing, they don't drink or smoke in front of their parents, even though they are old enough and have kids of thier own, i've never understood this. :confused:

I get wasted with my parents...

oh, maybe we found the reason why they don't.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

there is no need to just drink one. whats the point in that? i'd drink water, or soda, or something. if i drink, it's to get drunk.

• 3 years later...

Hey...do you still have room for one more? I just moved here on Sunday and don't know anyone at all..it would be cool to have some people to spend Thanskgiving with..you can reach me at juanchai@gmail.com...thanks!

hey guys,

i just wanted to let y'all know that i'm going to be having Thanksgiving dinner at my place this year. any of you other transplants or orphans without families (or you just don't like your family :tongue: ) are welcome to come. this year's theme is "giving thanks for our favorite foods" :). i ask that you please bring some of your favorite food - be it an appetizer, main dish or dessert. it doesn't have to been traditional Thanksgiving fare. it would be great to have a variety of ethnic and regional foods. while my wacky vegetarian ways prohibit me from roasting up a turkey, please feel free to bring whatever tastey vittles you please. some food and beverages will be provided by your hostess (me!). ken has graciously offered to make sangria for our boozing pleasure :D.

PM me for directions to my place. dinner will start whenever the food shows up, ideally around 6pm, and go until the sangria is gone. :D