Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Torn Rotator Cuff

mrtiddles

I think I may have one....has any ever done this?

When I put my arms straight out in front, and then I bring my right arm straight behind me (still at shoulder height) when I reach about 5 o'clock, theres 2 pop in my shoulder...I have a good feeling it is the humerus poppin out of the scapula, or at least popping up against scar tissue. Last February, I banged my shoulder hard against a frozen rock while sledding ( I'm 90% positive this is the cause of injury)

It doesnt hurt, to say...it does get warm/hot when I work out though.

Anyone know the down time I would experience after an operation?

This site had a ton of information on surgery, exercises, and disorders of the shoulder on it if you are interested BC Online you just need a british columbian zip to access it...use V8N2N2. :) Good luck hun.

Tests for rotator cuff tear

The main symptom of a complete rotator cuff tear is weakness. Tests for rotator cuff tears include the following:

Drop arm test: Hold your arm up as far as possible with your thumb down. Lower your arm slowly. If it drops suddenly, you probably have a rotator cuff tear.

Hold your arm straight out to the side, level with your shoulder, with your palm facing down (hand in a fist). The doctor will press your arm down to determine your strength in this position.

Raise your arm straight in front about shoulder height (90 degrees) and turn your wrist so your thumb points toward the floor. The doctor tries to push your arm down against your resistance. If your rotator cuff is weak or torn, you will not be able to hold your arm steady as the doctor pushes down on it.

Raise your arm straight in front about shoulder height (90 degrees) and turn your palm up toward the ceiling. The doctor will try to force your hand downward against your resistance. If your rotator cuff is weak or torn, you will not be able to hold your arm steady as the doctor pushes down on it.

Hold your arm at your side, bend your elbow, and turn your wrist so your thumb points toward the ceiling. The doctor will try to force your hand in toward your stomach as you resist by trying to rotate your arm outward. If your rotator cuff is weak or torn, you will not be able to hold your arm steady as the doctor pushes on it.

I dont know I am still putting off my operation. I have no AC joint anymore and my rotator is torn beyond belief, they have to cut my bones back on both sides, re-attach the rotator and stich all the tears. Fucking kills to do certain exercises and when it is cold, gonna have to do it in a few months and just suck up the rehab

definately check with a doc

it may not be torn now, and a little physical therapy may improve it

off my surgery i remember asking the doc about some "pops" in my joint when i moved it. he said that was normal , though, it was the cartlidge (sp?) rolling over the bone

• 2 weeks later...

Get it checked NOW!!!!!

Seriously... if things continue to get worse you could end up where the joint deteriorates and you are fucked, there is nothing they can do at that point and your shoulder ends up dislocating more and more often.

With your shoulder, time is esential, as a volleyball player I know all too well :(