Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review Saeed at RED

muzikdc

A friend told me about this message board few days back so I decided to check it out and see what's going on thanksgiving night in D.C

I'm a big fan of Saeed and Palesh and when I saw that Saeed will be spinning at red I was thrilled with joy.

This was my first time at club red and my fourth time seeing saeed spin. I've always seen him with palesh, never alone. I was amazed, it was like another person. Not progressive, not hard, just deep and funky, had my ass moving all night long. I couldn't stop dancing till 3:30. It was beautiful the way he manipulate tracks and mixing the old with the new. The crowd loved it. I had a great time and will definitely come back.

Does anyone know if saeed dj anywhere else in dc and where can I get the type of music he spins?

Simon

;)

welcome to the board!!

if saedd and palash are in town and not touring you can catch saeed every other thursday at red. usually it's techy and funky house sometimes a bit of prog.

andalu is another plavce where they spin from time to time and you can get info at: soulsticeproductions.com

of course if they get booked by buzz they will be at Nation.

check back to CP often anyone of us usually knows what is going on in the area on any given weekend. we all have our preferences be it house, breaks, d&b etc, but we more or less keep everyone informed of stuff as soon as we find out. :D

Originally posted by muzikdc

Does anyone know if saeed dj anywhere else in dc and where can I get the type of music he spins?

Simon

;)

Welcome to the board. :)

Saeed generally spins at Red every other Thursday - so you can see him often. and he usually goes on early - around midnight. if you go early enough, you can even chat it up with him as no one else is there yet. ;)

every OTHER thursday? or was that a special event?

so he's not spinning this thurs 4 dec? i thought he was but now that you said every other thursday...

i'm confused now.

is he spinning this thurs or not?

Originally posted by silvershoes

Saeed generally spins at Red every other Thursday - so you can see him often. and he usually goes on early - around midnight. if you go early enough, you can even chat it up with him as no one else is there yet. ;)

Originally posted by theblueangel

every OTHER thursday? or was that a special event?

so he's not spinning this thurs 4 dec? i thought he was but now that you said every other thursday...

i'm confused now.

is he spinning this thurs or not?

yes, every other thursday. but thats not exact. sometimes he doesnt play at all, and sometimes he plays 2 weeks in a row. So dont assume he is going to be spinning on any given Thursday night - its usually best to check with him or with those of us who go see him spin often. :cool:

well then when is the next time he is spinning?

yes, every other thursday. but thats not exact. sometimes he doesnt play at all, and sometimes he plays 2 weeks in a row. So dont assume he is going to be spinning on any given Thursday night - its usually best to check with him or with those of us who go see him spin often. :cool:

Oh ok. I thought it was according to some schedule. If what you say is true, I'll just go randomly. If he's there good, if he's not, there will always be someone else spinning. Thanks.

Originally posted by theblueangel

Oh ok. I thought it was according to some schedule. If what you say is true, I'll just go randomly. If he's there good, if he's not, there will always be someone else spinning. Thanks.

yeah - no set schedule, the every other week thing is kind of a generality. and even when he is not there, there are often good djs spinning in his place.

But if I know I am going on a thursday night, I always post here first and try to round up some troops to go with me. :cool:

Originally posted by nyckitty69

well then when is the next time he is spinning?

like silvershoes mentioned, he really doesnt have a schedule at Red. it basically revolves around S&P touring schedule, if they are not touring, then there is a very good chance that he will be there. the best way would be (again as SS mentioned) e-mailing him or calling up Red and seeing what their line up for Thursdays is.