Clubplanet Nightlife Community

--OFFICIAL-- Mr. Jangles' birthday weekend review

quest4sunrise

Sorry to post sooo late, but this was a monumentus weekend in my life and I have to be heard!! As many of you know, Mr. Jangles weekend consisted of Edgar V @ Crobar on Friday and PvD @ Space on Saturday. It was a marathon of sorts and I would like to relive its highlights

Friday:

Apparently there are only a handful of DJs I can't get enough of and Edgar V is one of them. Before I get into that, big shout out to Juan Mejia for the opener. That was much more energetic and funky then usual. Ok, Edgar came on and it was LIGHTS OUT FOCKERS!! I was ecstatic with the music all night. He was typically rocking the place out, but I noticed 1/2 the stuff he was playing was so new that I had never heard it before. All the new shit was SICK though like Wundervoll and a remix to Smack My Bitch Up. When I heard that, I was like "Get the fuck outta here!" He also played Midway - Amazon which I would like to say thanks because it was my birthday request. Finally ended with Star 69, which was the perfect classic to cap off a top-notch Edgar night. I asked all the rest of the Edgar fanatics if they could remember another night when he was the FUCKING awesome and no one could! THANK YOU EDGAR FOR THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT I HAVE GOTTEN IN THE PAST 3 YEARS!!!

Saturday:

Mostly spent recovering, but got up and went to the Grove for 2 hours b4 Space. I liked the set before PvD alot! Trance opening for trance is a good idea as long as it is not as fast-paced. One complaint of the night: like everyone else, It felt too crowded all night. I finally wound up dancing on the podium near the speaker by the men's bathroom. It wasn't bad, I actually had room to dance and had a good view of the crowd. I love the way they introduced him: a silence with the spotlight on him. It really gave a "strap on your seatbelts" impression. The set was a religious experience. Wundervoll, Connected, and Crush almost brough me to tears. "Take Me Higher" made me lose my mind!!! Finally, the acapella of "Time of Our Lives" followed by "Nothing but You" was p-e-r-f-e-c-t because it brought the crowd down before destroying them. I called it "the silence before the storm" because it was nice and chill with no beat... then the vocals for Nothing but U caught and it was GOOSEBUMP CITY! As soon as the beat hit, the place ERUPTED to a degree I had never seen Space do before!! People were almost slamdancing!! I was halfway dancing, halfway defending my sister's life!! Great experience nonetheless and I would rank it a top-3 PvD performance all time (From my experience). I cant say it beat his D.C. set on 12/27/02, but it was up there