Clubplanet Nightlife Community

avalon last nite (saturday)

Hybrid was awesome - place was moving for them and I'm pretty sure b4 they actually performed live, one of the guys was doing a dj set cause I recognized about 3 tracks that have been in their recent sets but didnt get to see if it was him spinning or not.

After they finished I think Fortier went on for like an hour because it was some deep dark prog and I know Tong hadn't started yet. When Tong came on the dancefloor was packed - as usual he played great tracks but his mixing was sub par.

Sound for the dj's was lousy - it got better once Tong started but the volume was extremely low b4 and after Hybrid performed and just seemed very quiet.

Only real complaint I had was that they actually made people wait outside when I got there (which was around 11) like the club was filled or something. It was total bs - there was only like 10 people in front of me on line and I waited 15 mins b4 I could get in - I thought it would be packed when I got in because of the wait but it was not even crowded - that has to stop.

-Trancer:rolleyes:

I got there around 1:30 or so... about a 45 minute wait.

It was my first time at Avalon, and i've got to say its an awsome venue. Pete Tong was already on when i got in and overall i wasnt really impressed. He played some tight tracks, and had the crowd going at some points, but overall i just didnt feel the energy i usually do... his tracks really didnt flow as well as they could have. Still had a good time though, left a little before 4 i think.