Clubplanet Nightlife Community

enough of these bubble gum promotion teams......

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kostaP

MAY i ALSO ADD UNLESS YOU GET HIM IN AC WHAT IS HE GONNA DO IN A 4-6 HOUR SET??? PLAY 7 SONGS??

YOU HAVE TO BOOK HIM SOMEWHERE WHERE HE HAS THE TIME TO PLAY LIKE HE DOES WITH A BIG ENOUGH WINDOW OF TIME.

He's not going to loop songs like he does when he has a 24 hour time frame. He plays the best of the best when he's got a limited window to work with.

Originally posted by godisadj

if he plays @ surf i would pay $50 to hear him & bet you 100's more will to

Noone in Jersey is Paying $100.00 to listen to Jesus Christ himself DJ at a Jersey club that has to close at 3.

Goddj - the only thing I like about your posts is that they aggrevate Kosta Phag to high holy hell -

I don't hear Jonathan Peters name anywhere. I think I can speak for alot of us that throwing parties with moo, choopie, lopez, gio, santana, mendez, greek, roddiga, realm & rydell is getting played out.

How about throwing a real party.

serg, binoy, vip tech, bonsolid & carguy(lol) to name a few lets stop with the gimmic partiies & throw us a real one.

i'm calling all of you out. i don't think any of you have the clout or the pull to land him.

just my 2 cents

Since you mentioned my name in your little thread here I guess I must respond. Let me tell you where I stand with Johnathan Peters. First of all I am part of the original promotion team that started with JP at the Factory. JP and I go way back and we are very cool with each other. Also, Edgar (JPs mgr) and I have a long history dating from the Factory days. For those that remember JP even played at the SURF for me when he came to visit his buddy Ziggy playing. But that is the past let me talk to you about my pursuit for JP now. The Saturday that JP had a meeting with Richard I received a call from his crew telling me he was having a meeting with Richard about the possibility of leaving the Factory. I was probably the 2nd or 3rd team (definitely 1st in NJ) offered JP. The price I was offered was real reasonable (though we never actually determined a price). I even got to the point where i spoke to Abyss and the Sound Garden as the 2 venues I was going to do JP at both on Thursdays and one possibly on my birthday. That night I heard that the meeting went alright with Richard and he wasnt sure if he was leaving. He was going to weigh his options. He met with a few peeps including Crobar for a possible residency. He then went and decided that he was going to leave the factory. He was already part of the CEG roster and at that point they began to handle him and his price has gotten real high. Right now JP will play for no less then 20 to 25k (non holiday). Do the math for his pay plus promoting costs you are going to need about 30-35k to do this. I was going to do it on a Thursday and it would be a huge risk to take during the week. Also, its a huger risk to do it in the Winter where u have to worry about snow. Now I have been told by his personnel that he will talk to me about lowering the number to play the SURF. He really does want to play the SURF and I am going to do everything in my power to get him. If the price is sort of reasonable. As I mentioned in other posts I am afraid of how much money a NJ customer will pay to see any DJ. I ahve been doing this shit for over ten years and I cant get everyone from Tiesto to Carl Cox if I want to spend the money. I actually spoke to the owners of the Abyss about running a once a month party on a Thursday there with the Carl Cox's of this world. Bottom line is I am not in a position to take a 10k hit on any event. Are you?

In closing, Kosta P is correct. Anyone can book JP if JP likes the room. Do yourself a favor call CEG 212-291-2190 and tell them you want to book JP. Then call the Sound Garden (best sound system in NJ) at (973) 778-4434 and tell Eugene that you want to rent the room out for JP and you book him. You do all that and take the responsibility I will promote for you and even pay to get in.

Originally posted by stigeleiro

Since you mentioned my name in your little thread here I guess I must respond. Let me tell you where I stand with Johnathan Peters. First of all I am part of the original promotion team that started with JP at the Factory. JP and I go way back and we are very cool with each other. Also, Edgar (JPs mgr) and I have a long history dating from the Factory days. For those that remember JP even played at the SURF for me when he came to visit his buddy Ziggy playing. But that is the past let me talk to you about my pursuit for JP now. The Saturday that JP had a meeting with Richard I received a call from his crew telling me he was having a meeting with Richard about the possibility of leaving the Factory. I was probably the 2nd or 3rd team (definitely 1st in NJ) offered JP. The price I was offered was real reasonable (though we never actually determined a price). I even got to the point where i spoke to Abyss and the Sound Garden as the 2 venues I was going to do JP at both on Thursdays and one possibly on my birthday. That night I heard that the meeting went alright with Richard and he wasnt sure if he was leaving. He was going to weigh his options. He met with a few peeps including Crobar for a possible residency. He then went and decided that he was going to leave the factory. He was already part of the CEG roster and at that point they began to handle him and his price has gotten real high. Right now JP will play for no less then 20 to 25k (non holiday). Do the math for his pay plus promoting costs you are going to need about 30-35k to do this. I was going to do it on a Thursday and it would be a huge risk to take during the week. Also, its a huger risk to do it in the Winter where u have to worry about snow. Now I have been told by his personnel that he will talk to me about lowering the number to play the SURF. He really does want to play the SURF and I am going to do everything in my power to get him. If the price is sort of reasonable. As I mentioned in other posts I am afraid of how much money a NJ customer will pay to see any DJ. I ahve been doing this shit for over ten years and I cant get everyone from Tiesto to Carl Cox if I want to spend the money. I actually spoke to the owners of the Abyss about running a once a month party on a Thursday there with the Carl Cox's of this world. Bottom line is I am not in a position to take a 10k hit on any event. Are you?

In closing, Kosta P is correct. Anyone can book JP if JP likes the room. Do yourself a favor call CEG 212-291-2190 and tell them you want to book JP. Then call the Sound Garden (best sound system in NJ) at (973) 778-4434 and tell Eugene that you want to rent the room out for JP and you book him. You do all that and take the responsibility I will promote for you and even pay to get in.

Serg - I love you bro but I stopped reading after the fourth paragraph:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by stigeleiro

Serge Like I said before unless you put him in surf starting at 3pm and let him go till 3am you dont get the "JP SET" youexpect.

and CEG's is 212.921.2190

because its a business. it brings people to the surf club who never been there. it may add another 100 customers. thats what business is. if they opened the door @ 3 for $50 a head then would get it. they charge $20 on holiday weekends already.

also when i say JP is big i mean on the north east. he's probably the biggest. so who cares about ibizia , greece or the uk i live in nj.

i'm sure you will spending your july & august in ibizia :laugh:

Contrary to your idiotic belief people arent in business to rape their customers wallets.

You claim to be a god on music and dj's yet you say who cares about ibiza greece and uk....thats the mecca for dj's you idiot...find me one dj that wouldnt do anything to play those areas of the world....youre a fucking clown....and as far as spending my july- august in ibiza I have made 2 trips out there already assfuck one of them I spent 2 months traveling Europe so go kill yourself.

Serge Like I said before unless you put him in surf starting at 3pm and let him go till 3am you dont get the "JP SET" youexpect.

and CEG's is 212.921.2190

Kosta i said 3 @ surf not you. YOU CAN THINK OF THINGS ON YOUR OWN.

I don't hear Jonathan Peters name anywhere. I think I can speak for alot of us that throwing parties with moo, choopie, lopez, gio, santana, mendez, greek, roddiga, realm & rydell is getting played out.

How about throwing a real party.

serg, binoy, vip tech, bonsolid & carguy(lol) to name a few lets stop with the gimmic partiies & throw us a real one.

i'm calling all of you out. i don't think any of you have the clout or the pull to land him.

just my 2 cents

if i had a club that fit 1000+ people. then its worth bringing in a big name dj... other than that, its not worth it... look at the logistics kid...

Sorry (cough cough) God I find your post amusing, cause all you do is get everybody all wild up. But if you don't like tyhe music don't go out. I live in Jersey and I never go out here. If I want to hear music I go to the city. I go for the music not to drink, not to hook up but to DANCE. If you dont like the music you can do two things, Don't go out to these places, or get a DJ job and play what you like. But to come out on this MSG board and say all these people are shit, cause they dont book so and so. Come on, at least they are doing something without them, there will be no party in NJ.

sorry this post is more abpot the horrible thing we get told is music. the same old gimmics are getting real old! JP is available now. i'm sure he can be booked now for the summer of 2004

MAY i ALSO ADD UNLESS YOU GET HIM IN AC WHAT IS HE GONNA DO IN A 4-6 HOUR SET??? PLAY 7 SONGS??

YOU HAVE TO BOOK HIM SOMEWHERE WHERE HE HAS THE TIME TO PLAY LIKE HE DOES WITH A BIG ENOUGH WINDOW OF TIME.

I WAS REFERRING TO THIS POST ASSHOLE 3PM TO 3AM WOULD BE A GOOD JP SET

Originally posted by housedog

Sorry (cough cough) God I find your post amusing, cause all you do is get everybody all wild up. But if you don't like tyhe music don't go out. I live in Jersey and I never go out here. If I want to hear music I go to the city. I go for the music not to drink, not to hook up but to DANCE. If you dont like the music you can do two things, Don't go out to these places, or get a DJ job and play what you like. But to come out on this MSG board and say all these people are shit, cause they dont book so and so. Come on, at least they are doing something without them, there will be no party in NJ.

THANK YOU

kosta go stand by the door.

if hes so easy to get, besides $$$$$$ then why are we stuck with these horrible parties?

The party is made of the friends you go with and people you hang with. The music and DJ are only a small part of it. It's a nice excuse to say that it's the DJ or the promoters fault that you had a bad time. But bottom line is you had a bad time because you're a miserable person and you are in the company of lousy boring friends.

I've gone to plenty of dives with a good crew of friends and had a dandy time.

It's hurts my eyes reading your whiny ass posts.

Originally posted by ou812

The party is made of the friends you go with and people you hang with. The music and DJ are only a small part of it. It's a nice excuse to say that it's the DJ or the promoters fault that you had a bad time. But bottom line is you had a bad time because you're a miserable person and you are in the company of lousy boring friends.

I've gone to plenty of dives with a good crew of friends and had a dandy time.

It's hurts my eyes reading your whiny ass posts.

I agree - I go where my friends go thats it thats all. Fuck everything else.

Originally posted by nootsy

I agree - I go where my friends go thats it thats all. Fuck everything else.

Unless of course this guy goes out by his lonesome and just stands in the middle of dancefloor bopping arounf by himself. In that case he's a loser anyway.

Originally posted by ou812

Unless of course this guy goes out by his lonesome and just stands in the middle of dancefloor bopping arounf by himself. In that case he's a loser anyway.

I THINK YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WITH THAT ONE!!!!!

this post got into personal attacks when all i asked is for a promoter to land JP.

sorry if that is to much to handle for these promoters.

id like to know what it would prove for a promoter to land JP.

also - so what if they arent landing him - can it possable mean that they dont even want to?

Originally posted by danfury

He's not going to loop songs like he does when he has a 24 hour time frame. He plays the best of the best when he's got a limited window to work with.

When JP only spins for a few hours (guest spots) the music is PHAT.......similar to what he spins @ factory from 5-8am.

If your going to throw a bubble gum party, you should do it at Bazooka's in Secacus. They already give out the gum when you go there.

I think I'll throw a blow-pop party and have Kosta at the door.

We can paint Kosta's head Purple and wrap him in a big blow-pop wrapper

Tell me he wouldn't look like a lollypop!

:aright:

BLOW-POP FRIDAYS AT VOODOO LOUNGE w/ Kosta-Pop

SiCkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

SiCkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk