Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CroBar = a whole lotta hype

...door is set up very nice.....Kenny Ken was bein extrmemly picky....after walkin in , I was expecting so much more

Reed Room was very nice....walk into main....what a dissapointment .....

DJ BOOTH is like 30 feet up...the actual room itself looked very plain..ugh...i had a good time..ScumFrog ripped it...but i was expecting so much more.....Main room reminded me of Palladium in Westchester :rolleyes:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO...Crobar!! What the hell happened last night..?#@!

This party was wrong on so many levels I can't even describe...

I walk in around 10ish....it sucks to be put in a situation where a party was promoted as having NO LIST (especially on the boards), only to get there to be harassed by the list whores...didn't seem to be a problem....blew right past them and went in. Overheard some Eurotrash complaining they messed up his comp...didn't see anyone paying to get in. How they can afford to lose opening night door business is beyond me.

Walk in, the space is really nice. Coat check was two seconds. Strolled around the Reed Room and automatically knew this party was gunna be bad. I knew coming in that there was the Electro Festival, but honestly the place was mobbed with hipsters.

I don't know who reviewed the crowd was diverse, but it was completely not. It was all hipsters and then a large gay crowd. Definitely 70-30% guys. There were no club kids, no hip hop kids, no suits, no glam crowd, no nothing. There was also nowhere to aviod the electro. It was in all the rooms except one vip room. Absolutely no place to just chill.

Walk into the main room and was pretty disgusted. Hipsters are definitely the worst crowd, and everyone knows this. Mostly just a bunch of rich kids just dressed down, just standing around. Absolutely no dancing was going on. Some of the performances were aight...but ehh. What happened to all the Thurs hype of acrobats, performers, the smoke effect...was there four and a half hours and didnt see or hear nothin...

So I'm like whatever. I'm gunna try and still have fun..The bar wasn't too packed...Ordered a red bull vodka..$11 cha-ching.. What the fuck?? Makes sense the bar wasn't packed. I really didnt understand the mix of crowd and venue for an opening night. Lets charge upscale prices to a crowd that is known for being cheap, whiney and poor. And let's turn away 1/2 of the people that want to come in and dance, have a good time. Good forward thinking guys.

Around one, the dance floor was really weak. Only a handful of people dancing...Waited and waited for something interesting to happen, but nothin really. Really wanted to hear Sumfrog, or anything with a dedicated drum pattern, but wasn't gunna suffer through the rest of the night for two hours of music. Left around 2ish. Saw a little line outside..don't know how it turned out after that...

for the sake of a real club experience, I hope this was an off night.

hipster crowd? Hmmm, not good news. We have enough places in NYC targetting that crowd. It's not good news for a megaclub to be targetting a crowd that'll eventually move on after 2 months. I dunno if the guys at Crobar have done their research but places that target these kinda ppl in NY live very short lifespans before turning into just another "played out" place to them.

But I won't have concrete judgement until I check Crobar out at least a couple of times. I'll wait until January to go though. The opening months are always either "great" or "suck hard" and the current reviews seem to support this.