Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A big Fuck you to Crobar and every1 involved

So decided to attend the grand opening party at Crobar only thing was you had to be on a list to get in there. People getting turned away left and right. My question is how are you going to promote a party than turn people at the door especially when I call and they say there is no guestlist tonight. I ended up going to roxy with friends but my night was ruined. I think if this is the way a new club is going to treat its patrons your going to end up on the losing end of things.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

The Club itself Steve wasn't supplying the list for entrance you had to go to Electroclash.com. I am assuming you are talking about the grand opening on friday not thursday.

yea it was on friday not thursday. I was just really upset was looking foward to go for so long and to get there and be turned away.

ha, well, so much for being "blown away", I guess they almost ment that literally....blown away from entering...........uhm, i am not surprised, actually..............but, I would never say I told you so.

I couldn't stand the way the ran the place in miami.....always drama at the door......and I knew one of their managers, who always told me to call him.....at the door....but, if you have to go through that much red tape........it's not fun. I'd rather go somewhere else........but, that's just me....i like a no fuss no muss night.....that's the point of going out, in my book.....not to end up more frustrated and stressed than you started the night off with.

NOW.............................valium, anyone?;)

Originally posted by muzikchick

ha, well, so much for being "blown away", I guess they almost ment that literally....blown away from entering...........uhm, i am not surprised, actually..............but, I would never say I told you so.

I couldn't stand the way the ran the place in miami.....always drama at the door......and I knew one of their managers, who always told me to call him.....at the door....but, if you have to go through that much red tape........it's not fun. I'd rather go somewhere else........but, that's just me....i like a no fuss no muss night.....that's the point of going out, in my book.....not to end up more frustrated and stressed than you started the night off with.

NOW.............................valium, anyone?;)

there were tons of people inside

I'm glad that they're being dicks at the door. This is the way it used to be in nYc years ago. It's a big fuck you to all the newshool promoters who think that they are the shit for having a list at a club. There are lists at Crobar, you just have to know how to get on them.

The club itself is amazing, simply nothing nYc has seen in at least a decade. They still have some issues to deal with in terms of sound quality, but I'm sure those will be worked out in the coming weeks. Opening weekend was not a musical oriented party, nor should it have been. There was too much hype, and I figure everything will setlle down in the next few coming months.

I give Crobar a big 2 thumbs up in terms of the club itself, they really did a great job at providing something different for nyc. Musically speaking, I hope they start focussing on what it's really all about. I'm cutting them some slack because it was opening weekend and all. Crowd wise, well it's going to vary regardless until people get a feel as to which parties they want to attend.

The space itself is great, and it def has upped the par for club standards in nyc. Highlight of the place is the vip room, lots of oldschool heads, lots of chickies, and a great vibe.

Originally posted by DINO nYc

I'm glad that they're being dicks at the door. This is the way it used to be in nYc years ago. It's a big fuck you to all the newshool promoters who think that they are the shit for having a list at a club. There are lists at Crobar, you just have to know how to get on them.

The club itself is amazing, simply nothing nYc has seen in at least a decade. They still have some issues to deal with in terms of sound quality, but I'm sure those will be worked out in the coming weeks. Opening weekend was not a musical oriented party, nor should it have been. There was too much hype, and I figure everything will setlle down in the next few coming months.

I give Crobar a big 2 thumbs up in terms of the club itself, they really did a great job at providing something different for nyc. Musically speaking, I hope they start focussing on what it's really all about. I'm cutting them some slack because it was opening weekend and all. Crowd wise, well it's going to vary regardless until people get a feel as to which parties they want to attend.

The space itself is great, and it def has upped the par for club standards in nyc. Highlight of the place is the vip room, lots of oldschool heads, lots of chickies, and a great vibe.

ditto

:werd:

Originally posted by muzikchick

a "swell" time?? doesn't sound "blown away" to me. I can have a "swell" time, just about anywhere in the city.

my thing is, what makes this place "better" or "worth the trouble".............that's where it doesn't sound sold.:rolleyes:

1-had a swell time

2-blown away- not really- but then again i been around the black a few times, getting blown away by a"club" aint happening for me

3-trouble- was no trouble for me and ma posse. we come and go as we please

Originally posted by babbo

1-had a swell time

2-blown away- not really- but then again i been around the black a few times, getting blown away by a"club" aint happening for me

3-trouble- was no trouble for me and ma posse. we come and go as we please

ahh i see, a worldly type of guy + his posse. nice.

trouble=crowd, slowing up the line, bathroom lines (especially for las mujeres, intiende???)

when it dies down...i'll give it a whirl....just to see la decor.........and about it.;)

:finger:FUCK YOU CROBAR:finger:

My Story:

I waited on the very short line. There was a group of 5 infront of me, and I was by myself. Out of the group the 4 girls got in, and the 1 guy didnt. Then the faggot running the door told me "Your not getting in tonight. Staff was very rude. Especially that fawking faggot who runs the door the ugly bitch. She can go fawk her/him/itself. :finger:That has never happened to me before. I guess there is a first for everything.:finger:

I guess if you have titts and a pussy you can get it? Screw that, Crobar is now my #1 hated club. :finger:

Wound up going to Spirit. Had a great time!!!

Went to Penn after for the ride home. Found out that Crobar was dead anyways...HA HA

FUCK YOU CROBAR :laugh:

exactly.

Originally posted by ianjohn

:finger:FUCK YOU CROBAR:finger:

My Story:

I waited on the very short line. There was a group of 5 infront of me, and I was by myself. Out of the group the 4 girls got in, and the 1 guy didnt. Then the faggot running the door told me "Your not getting in tonight. Staff was very rude. Especially that fawking faggot who runs the door the ugly bitch. She can go fawk her/him/itself. :finger:That has never happened to me before. I guess there is a first for everything.:finger:

I guess if you have titts and a pussy you can get it? Screw that, Crobar is now my #1 hated club. :finger:

Wound up going to Spirit. Had a great time!!!

Went to Penn after for the ride home. Found out that Crobar was dead anyways...HA HA

FUCK YOU CROBAR :laugh:

Who ever told you it was dead was probably trying to make you feel better for not getting in. The place was packed, the crowd was great, and a big thank you to crobar!!!