Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A big Fuck you to Crobar and every1 involved

Originally posted by DINO nYc

I'm glad that they're being dicks at the door. This is the way it used to be in nYc years ago. It's a big fuck you to all the newshool promoters who think that they are the shit for having a list at a club. There are lists at Crobar, you just have to know how to get on them.

The club itself is amazing, simply nothing nYc has seen in at least a decade. They still have some issues to deal with in terms of sound quality, but I'm sure those will be worked out in the coming weeks. Opening weekend was not a musical oriented party, nor should it have been. There was too much hype, and I figure everything will setlle down in the next few coming months.

I give Crobar a big 2 thumbs up in terms of the club itself, they really did a great job at providing something different for nyc. Musically speaking, I hope they start focussing on what it's really all about. I'm cutting them some slack because it was opening weekend and all. Crowd wise, well it's going to vary regardless until people get a feel as to which parties they want to attend.

The space itself is great, and it def has upped the par for club standards in nyc. Highlight of the place is the vip room, lots of oldschool heads, lots of chickies, and a great vibe.

I agree !

Thats how things were run in the past even when Paladium, Lymelyte, Tunnel were open. Its a pick and choose thing. If not, have a nice day! I think thats the good way and the right way in NYC. To many people got too comfortable too with things in the venues these days. If you havent been clubben back in the day when all these venues were around then you havent experienced the club scene. Having a diverse crowd is what NYC is all about. It sure brought me back to the days of Lymelyte.

Victor Soto

Red Carpet Promo

Originally posted by DINO nYc

The music board here sucks the big one now, nobody even looks at it anymore. All the oldschool music heads are on v i p g u e s t l i s t . c o m.

im curious- what do you consider an oldschool head?? from what years?? 19---??? lemme know

I remember Infinity...it was down off houston a couple blocks near NYU...that was a freaky place back then...My older brother dj'd there a few times...its was some kind of exclusive members only place....I was like 16 when that place was around..It was huge.. took up loke an entire block... had a big neon dick painted inside....Mostly Gay Crowd.....I think that was the first place I ever saw a tranny....

Originally posted by babbo

87? gimme a break- pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee???

Well, EXCUSE me, your all knowingness................

u must be one of the ones that know it all.............

take any break u want.....................

the 80's were the disco dayz.............like it, don't like it, think it was the bomb, total cheeze......whatever u want................

who really gives a fuk.........it's 2003.:rolleyes:

A funny thing about this thread.... even back then people complained and raved about the exact same things that go on in clubs today...except the only people who heard it were the people at school and work on monidays...Back then when you didn't get through the door you took your lumps and went somewhere else.....now everyone just gets on the web and cries about it.......

On the other side of it, promotion was mainly word of mouth.... and if a place was good (music, dj etc)... people would hear about it..... Today you have a million promoters telling you why the place they promote is better than the others.. and you really cant beleive anything you hear....Lets face it being on a promoters guestlist just insures that he get's his/her commisons once you're through the door.......

I say open a million clubs in NYC... Support the ones you like and stay out of the ones you don't .... Time will tell ... in this economy it's going to be survival of the fittest

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

A funny thing about this thread.... even back then people complained and raved about the exact same things that go on in clubs today...except the only people who heard it were the people at school and work on monidays...Back then when you didn't get through the door you took your lumps and went somewhere else.....now everyone just gets on the web and cries about it.......

On the other side of it, promotion was mainly word of mouth.... and if a place was good (music, dj etc)... people would hear about it..... Today you have a million promoters telling you why the place they promote is better than the others.. and you really cant beleive anything you hear....Lets face it being on a promoters guestlist just insures that he get's his/her commisons once you're through the door.......

I say open a million clubs in NYC... Support the ones you like and stay out of the ones you don't .... Time will tell ... in this economy it's going to be survival of the fittest

:aright:

Remember word of mouth it was the best thing. I remeber when they use to have word of mouth parties. I called a voice mail and they gave a location. Ypu gp there and pay for your ticket. They tell you where to go (Which happened to be The Bank on Houston St.) Turned out to be a good party, but I would be dammed if you asked me who DJed.

Originally posted by housedog

Remember word of mouth it was the best thing. I remeber when they use to have word of mouth parties. I called a voice mail and they gave a location. Ypu gp there and pay for your ticket. They tell you where to go (Which happened to be The Bank on Houston St.) Turned out to be a good party, but I would be dammed if you asked me who DJed.

There were plenty of times I didnt get into clubs. Shiy one nite I didnt get into the Plaidaum (sp) I went to a rave at the NY Armory.

Originally posted by housedog

MAP POINT!!!!:D