Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I think I am in love...

Believe or not I heard my very first Paul Oakenfold's CD yesterday morning in the subway. And I just have to say that I love his music sooo much!! I didn't even want to get off the subway and wanted to stay there sitting with my eyes closed and listen his unbelievable music. When I got home I immediately bought a ticket for his show on November 23rd in NY. I can't wait !!!!

Love Amalka cwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gif

------------------

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif

Though recently I've been leaning more toward the darker progressive house, I still think that the Oakie shows have the coolest, friendliest vibe. At the Roseland, I talked to sooo many cool people, all very friendly, and most of them were SOBER!

Also, my first introduction to the scene was last November's Oakey and Ralph show!

This year I might actually end up seeing him in DC on Nov 24.

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Amalka - why didn't you tell me you never heard Oakie's stuff before? I would have put some on your discs. This means I have an obligation as a die hard Oakenfold fan to make you another disc of just his music!!!!

later sweetie smile.gif

------------------

"There was a time before we were born when the soul of each one of us decreed that we be brought into life. We have all made a place for ourselves on this earth, each life precious, each path different. But we all share the same goal of inner peace and it is there within us all to be discovered, and it can only be discovered through love."

Originally posted by raver_mania:

Though recently I've been leaning more toward the darker progressive house, I still think that the Oakie shows have the coolest, friendliest vibe. At the Roseland, I talked to sooo many cool people, all very friendly, and most of them were SOBER!

Exactly!!! I was sober and HAPPY. His music makes everyone soooooo happy!!! I love the dark crazy loud stuff, but his music is just pure bliss!

and I have to agree with raver mania - I think Oakenfold's shows bring out the friendliest people! I have seen him spin a few times and you just make so many friends at these shows, I find that he spins such emotional sets that it just gets the crowd into a more friendly or caring modd. Just my 2 cents.

------------------

"There was a time before we were born when the soul of each one of us decreed that we be brought into life. We have all made a place for ourselves on this earth, each life precious, each path different. But we all share the same goal of inner peace and it is there within us all to be discovered, and it can only be discovered through love."

and I have to agree with raver mania - I think Oakenfold's shows bring out the friendliest people! I have seen him spin a few times and you just make so many friends at these shows, I find that he spins such emotional sets that it just gets the crowd into a more friendly or caring mood. Just my 2 cents.

------------------

I am soooo happy to hear that!! So I guess I'll see you all in Hammerstain !!!!

I just can't wait smile.gif

BTW mysteriousss, Mike is not able to go with me because of work so I am going to be there alone... frown.gif would U be so kind and take care of me pleeeeeeeeease???? LOL

Love you all

Amalka

------------------

unicornx1.gif

Originally posted by raver_mania:

Also, my first introduction to the scene was last November's Oakey and Ralph show!

This year I might actually end up seeing him in DC on Nov 24.

i dunno, i've seen oakie many times, and thought that was the worst time i saw him. he killed max grahams vibe and never brought it back. the sound system sucked too. i agree, the crowd was good...ran into a lot of people who never heard of him. but i kinda like educating people on this stuff. anyway, just an opinion.

Originally posted by tiestoisgod:

and I have to agree with raver mania - I think Oakenfold's shows bring out the friendliest people! I have seen him spin a few times and you just make so many friends at these shows, I find that he spins such emotional sets that it just gets the crowd into a more friendly or caring mood. Just my 2 cents.

Well said..!! BTW I got your mail yesterday but I didn't have a chance to listen to that yet. I will write you an e mail today!

HUUUUGE Thx ! smile.gif

Amalka

------------------

unicornx1.gif

Originally posted by amalkav:

I am soooo happy to hear that!! So I guess I'll see you all in Hammerstain !!!!

I just can't wait smile.gif

BTW mysteriousss, Mike is not able to go with me because of work so I am going to be there alone... frown.gif would U be so kind and take care of me pleeeeeeeeease???? LOL

Love you all

Amalka

Girlie, we are SO there! Did you get the tickets yesterday?

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Girlie, we are SO there! Did you get the tickets yesterday?

Only one little poor ticket for me frown.gif

HAHA sure I order it on ticketmaster website!!

Thank you girl.. whout would I do without your support smile.gif

------------------

unicornx1.gif

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

Paul Oakie RULES!!!!

Haha bad boy, so I hope I'll se you there???

------------------

unicornx1.gif

I told Amalka yesterday but I gotta tell the rest of you. One of the most AMAZING moments in my life.. I will NEVER forget that one for sure.

Last show in Roseland, I was dancing in front of the stage the whole time. The crowd was going crazy and it was just so great to be there. I'm looking up and watching Oakie spin. He is looking Oh so serious mixing. Then he looks up at the crowd as if asking "DO YOU GUYS LIKE IT"? And the whole place EXPLODES!!! His face turns into a HUGE smile. That expression on his face spelled out sooooooo much happiness. I still can't get over it. It's as if I was looking straight in the face of happiness. That's gotta feel amazing to have that kind of feedback from the crowd.

Originally posted by nycedee:

i dunno, i've seen oakie many times, and thought that was the worst time i saw him. he killed max grahams vibe and never brought it back. the sound system sucked too. i agree, the crowd was good...ran into a lot of people who never heard of him. but i kinda like educating people on this stuff. anyway, just an opinion.

Nycedee, I never said the music that night was good...just the vibe. I've seen Oakey 4 or 5 time so far, and I agree, that he had the worse performance at the Roseland. I guess it was cuz he was sick...I saw him at Pacha in Ibiza in Sept and he was off the hook! Unfortunately, I missed Graham (heard he was awesome) but Sandra Collins rocked!

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Originally posted by amalkav:

Only one little poor ticket for me frown.gif

HAHA sure I order it on ticketmaster website!!

Thank you girl.. whout would I do without your support smile.gif

I was gonna order mine today. Will definitely do that wink.gif My pleasure hun. See you Sat!!! And Michael better not bail out on us this time smile.gif

If it was his worst at Roseland, I wanna be at his BEST performance. I think I'll just die right there! And that would be the best way to die. Ohh, I'll write that in my will. Play some Oakie at my funeral smile.gif Oh boy, happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

Don't mind me.. I'm feeling a little wierd today..

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

If it was his worst at Roseland, I wanna be at his BEST performance. I think I'll just die right there! And that would be the best way to die. Ohh, I'll write that in my will. Play some Oakie at my funeral smile.gif Oh boy, happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

Don't mind me.. I'm feeling a little wierd today..

mystery,

he can do a lot better, and has, trust me on this one...see you at hammerstein

Mysty - how awesome was that at the Roseland show when he asked the crowd if they liked it? The best part, after he started smiling, if you looked around at all the people dancing, EVERYONE had a smile on their face it was awesome.

I was once watching a video clip of one of his shows somewhere in the UK (not sure where), and he was spinning the CJ Bolland song The Prophet. Know which one I am talking about? Anyway, at the part near the end when the voice come son and says You think god belongs only to you etc... He built up the beat for like 2 minutes to an incredible point and when the voice said God is here I am him he sung along with that part and pointed to himself and the place went absolutely nuts. He then dropped it and it was insane.

I know this was a bit of a long story, but it was pretty cool. I have to miss the show thanksgiving day i am so pissed- it is my gf birthday that day and she doesn't want to spend it in the hammerstein ballroom. wtf?

------------------

Originally posted by tiestoisgod:

I know this was a bit of a long story, but it was pretty cool. I have to miss the show thanksgiving day i am so pissed- it is my gf birthday that day and she doesn't want to spend it in the hammerstein ballroom. wtf?

Are you kidding me??? Bring her with you or tell me her phone number and we eill discuss it face to face LOL smile.gif

What can be better b-day party?

Amalka

------------------

unicornx1.gif

I recently bought Oakenfolds GU cd but someone said it wasn't worth it. So, I never even opened it and planned on returning it. Does anyone else have it and do you think I should crack it open?? What's his style?

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

Archived