Clubplanet Nightlife Community

visiting Chicago

bkissa

Hello

I live in New York and I am visiting Chicago for a couple weeks in January. I've never been there before and don't know ANYONE in the city. I am hoping someone into the party scene can show me around. I hang with the elite party crowd in NY and am looking to hook up with similar people in Chicago. Can you get me past the ropes in Chicago's upscale nightclubs and private parties? I want to have a good time. My email is Kissa113@fastmail.fm.

Thanks! :)

Also, would anyone be interested in a housing swap? Your apartment in Chicago for my Upper West Side studio in Manhattan.

Or can you recommed a good hotel in Chicago? I would rather not spend the money on a room, but if I'm going to stay in one, it's going to be a good one.

Top Clubs

www.***********

www.zentranightclub.com

www.visionnightclub.com

www.whitestarlounge.com

Top boards to post on

www.inside-chicago.com

www.purefuture.com/talk

www.smartclubber.com

Top Promoters

www.spundae.com

www.purefuture.com

As for ELITE, there is no such thing in Chicago. Everyone

party's here and had a great time, no mater your color, sex, or size of your pocket book (IMO)

Z

Originally posted by zeuschicago

As for ELITE, there is no such thing in Chicago. Everyone

party's here and had a great time, no mater your color, sex, or size of your pocket book (IMO)

Z

and thats why i *heart* chicago :) i was there last summer on business, so was only able to get out to one party - lego & mark grant on a monday at red dog. awesome vibe, great music :)

as for hotels, i stayed at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker. pretty spiffy hotel ;)

Originally posted by bkissa

Hello

I live in New York and I am visiting Chicago for a couple weeks in January. I've never been there before and don't know ANYONE in the city. I am hoping someone into the party scene can show me around. I hang with the elite party crowd in NY and am looking to hook up with similar people in Chicago. Can you get me past the ropes in Chicago's upscale nightclubs and private parties? I want to have a good time. My email is Kissa113@fastmail.fm.

Thanks! :)

You might want to look into:

Lapassage, Redno, Moda,Sugar, Harrys Velvet Lounge, and Sonateque.

Stay away from Whitestar unless you club at webster Hall in ny.

Hotelwise, The W, The Drake or the Fourseasons. Marriot is in a nice location too.

If youre interested in the apartement swap, send me a PM i might know someone.

So it looks like I'm flying in right after the holidays and staying until the end of January. :D

I'm sure I have a fabulous time. Even if I have to fly into the city not knowing a soul, I make friends easily.

And if anyone wants to do a housing swap please let me know! I'd rather spend the money partying and shopping. Diesel, thanks for the hotel recommendtions. If the Four Seasons and the W in Chicago are anything like those in NYC ($300 - $600/night for a room), they are above my means.

So it looks like I'm flying in right after the holidays and staying until the end of January. :D

I'm sure I have a fabulous time. Even if I have to fly into the city not knowing a soul, I make friends easily.

And if anyone wants to do a housing swap please let me know! I'd rather spend the money partying and shopping. Diesel, thanks for the hotel recommendtions. If the Four Seasons and the W in Chicago are anything like those in NYC ($300 - $600/night for a room), they are above my means.

since youre staying a month, call up the places and ask for extended stay packages. I doubt its 300/night if you stay a month.

anything else, just ask...

i quickly looked at hotels.com

The drake is between 99-150/day for the whole month. Pretty good price for that property.

What is the best area of Chicago to stay in? I don't (know how to :doh: ) drive, so I want to be close to everything.

if you want to be in the middle of everying stay anywhere on the Magnificent Mile(michigan ave)

There are plenty of cabs here and public transportation is kick ass soyou wont have problems getting around.

A hotel on Michigan Avenue would be the ideal location to stay but since you are staying so long did you consider corporate housing? If you are staying for at least a month you can rent a fully furnished apartment in a good location for around $80/day plus maid service, not a bad deal.

Try this: www.oakwood.com

I know a few consultants that have used them when traveling to Chicago. There's also smith corporate living but I don't know much about them. Hope that gives you more options!

Guest esbesb

I unexpectedly had to get a room downtown over Thanksgiving and stayed at the Red Roof Inn, I know it sounds cheezy and sleezy, but the room was nice, it was quiet (as far as cities go), they validated parking and it was right there off of Michigan Ave. Very convenient!