Clubplanet Nightlife Community

men's topcoats/overcoats

funkyfreshdc

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

i need something sharp to wear over a suit -- any brands/retailers to look out for?

gotta look like a million bucks....but for $500 or less.

a friend of mine recommended sak's + said they have a good selection, someone else said men's wearhouse...

SAKS/NORDSTROM/Bloomingdales... i have a few, bought them from there... nothing is worse than seeing a guy dressed up all suited up and sassy and hes wearing a northface or like a starter jacket... LMAO WTF~!?

i need something sharp to wear over a suit -- any brands/retailers to look out for?

a friend of mine recommended sak's + said they have a good selection, someone else said men's wearhouse...

go with canali- but its more than 500

BANANA REPUBLIC, they have some of the best overcoats I have seen. There's this beautiful 3/4 length for $225 I think, I want it so bad. Very comfy, fits well and looks amazing with ANYTHING. Go try one out, seriously its amazing.

Originally posted by kitty19

burberry outlet at woodbury commons. a beautiful boy i know got a cashmere/wool blend, double breasted overcoat there for $300. it's GORGEOUS. :drool: looks hot with a suit!!

woodbury has everymajor store plus the best deals...the only thing that sucks is the NY clothing tax.......there is an outlet right over the PA border right off of rt. 80 (in tannerville, pa, i believe) no sales tax, but not as many stores, but still quality

Originally posted by kitty19

burberry outlet at woodbury commons. a beautiful boy i know got a cashmere/wool blend, double breasted overcoat there for $300. it's GORGEOUS. :drool: looks hot with a suit!!

I shop at the commons all the time, used to work there in Banana. Once in a while stop in Burberry when I have cash

• 2 weeks later...

i went to most of the places suggested.....all the big stores in midtown nyc, lots of little shops in soho, and also woodbury commons. sak's has a great selection but their sale prices are still really steep. i fell in love with a coat at the burberry outlet that they're selling for $400, didn't get it though b/c i had just dropped $540 on a suit and another $260 on a leather jacket...it fit perfectly and def. met my criteria, maybe next time...