Clubplanet Nightlife Community

YBOR CITY, Tampa

lolahotass

Originally posted by luo072s

Carmen,

You may want to check Hyde Park Cafe, that's about the only place I know it will have something decent...besides that..a lot of people are going to Sheppards..at Clearwater..$60 a ticket...all you can drink..all you can eat

Have a happy new year

Shep's plays hip-hop I think:confused:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the ybore haters,

I have only been living in Tampa for about a year. It seems that a lot of people claim that ybore sucks. I understand that the people who go down there on the weekends are college kids and more often than not, a lot of ghetto folk. Personally, I think it is a pretty cool place. There are a lot of different types of clubs to choose from: live band (green iguana), techno, (ampitheatre), hip hop..whatevers. You get the idea. Personally I think the people who claim it sucks have lived in Tampa forever and have gotten tired of it and are looking for something else to do. I also think there are people who are looking for a more upper class type atmosphere. So be it. I still think there are too many clubs to choose from to claim that the whole area sucks. Also..there are a lot of different types of restaurants down there and festivals, parades. y bore sucks? Well then I guess it ALL sucks. Is that really true?

Carmen S.

people from Orlando get tired of their clubs and come to Tampa for something different.

Originally posted by brkbeatgrl

To all the ybore haters,

I have only been living in Tampa for about a year. It seems that a lot of people claim that ybore sucks. I understand that the people who go down there on the weekends are college kids and more often than not, a lot of ghetto folk. Personally, I think it is a pretty cool place. There are a lot of different types of clubs to choose from: live band (green iguana), techno, (ampitheatre), hip hop..whatevers. You get the idea. Personally I think the people who claim it sucks have lived in Tampa forever and have gotten tired of it and are looking for something else to do. I also think there are people who are looking for a more upper class type atmosphere. So be it. I still think there are too many clubs to choose from to claim that the whole area sucks. Also..there are a lot of different types of restaurants down there and festivals, parades. y bore sucks? Well then I guess it ALL sucks. Is that really true?

Carmen S.

people from Orlando get tired of their clubs and come to Tampa for something different.

:laugh: :laugh:

It's YBOR City, drop the e on the end. Also, I've never been there, but I have friends that have... and they think it sucks. I guess thats their opinion. In your opinion, it doesn't suck, so thats all that counts in your mind. If you like it, then go for it girl!

I think a lot of people that say it sucks, compare it to Miami. In that case, I don't think Ybor stands a chance against Miami/SoBe. But wtf do i know, I haven't been to Ybor.

If I am going to go out in Tampa, it will be to Hyde Park Cafe. It appears to be more my style.... house music.

From what I've seen, Ybor is a bunch of kids rolling and playing with glow sticks and jamming to crappy trance (not good trance, crappy trance)........ ehhhhhhhh yeah no.

If you like it, then honey you go out and enjoy yourself.... you have our support :D

One last thing,

I know you're prob all sick of me already but here goes. Isn't Hyde Park Cafe more of a restaurant? I have been there before. That's not like a club or anything. I guess if I want to go for some martinis and mingle I'de go there. But..I don't even like house.

Carmen S.

Originally posted by brkbeatgrl

One last thing,

I know you're prob all sick of me already but here goes. Isn't Hyde Park Cafe more of a restaurant? I have been there before. That's not like a club or anything. I guess if I want to go for some martinis and mingle I'de go there. But..I don't even like house.

Carmen S.

If you don't like house music, then you probably won't like HPC.

Go to Ybor then... ampitheatre and isn't there another club called Parana's in there?

Its just not my type of crowd.. but thats cool.

Have fun carmen s.

:D