Clubplanet Nightlife Community

YBOR CITY, Tampa

lolahotass

Has anyone been to Ybor City before?? If so, is it classic cheese or what?

Is it an outside-type venue?

Its only going to be 36 degrees in Tampa on Saturday night.... I'm thinking I wanna tell my buddies that we are staying home and watching the New England game:D Thats just too damn cold for clubbing.

Say a prayer for me......I might have to freeze my ass off and check out Ybor:shake: :worry:

Any info you guys have is appreciated;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been there its pretty mellow and all, yes mostly everyone is outside walking around.

But if its going to be cold i bet you everyone will be in a club.

drinks are really cheap there but mostly everyone drinks beer.

it reminded me of the grove back in the day.

take care :aaah::blank:

Been there a couple times. Crowded streets with people wondering about in and out of various bars, restaruants etc. Florida-style breaks and hip-hop resonating from the various clubs. Sort of reminds me of the Flats in Cleveland. I really like the cigar shops/bars, fresh hand rolled cigars are abundant.

Originally posted by lolahotass

Lola doesn't do hip-hop clubs.........

I'm thinking staying in and watching the game sounds better.....

:eek:

only place I found with good music last time I was there was Parada. And that was a CD player.

Go to Mons and look at some beotch's:idea:

Originally posted by thehog

only place I found with good music last time I was there was Parada. And that was a CD player.

Go to Mons and look at some beotch's:idea:

Well my buddie actually lives in Clearwater/St.Pete...so we could hit up Sheps, but I'm scared that it's hip-hop....:blown:

Who knows.....

thanx for the tip Hog:D btw, you missed it monday night:(

Yeah Lola, Sheperds on Clearwater Beach will likely be Hip Hop heavy on Sat night.

Hog mentioned Prana, which on Saturday features Breaks with Malicious Mike. The Amphitheater will have Sharaz, and Skye 1509 will have DJ Icey and Tony Faline. All of those places will be heavy on both local and global Breaks. Oh, and therer's now also good Breaks in the Solarium, the smaller room at Masquerades. For crappy Bootleg Breaks from 3 years ago you can head out to Twilight...Also stay away from Empire and Fuel, as both clubs play the cheesiest Hip Hop, and attract the worst crowds in town.

If you're into House music I suggest you check out the new club in Ybor called Level 3:

http://level3ybor.com/

I haven;t checked it out yet so I can't tell you if it gets crowded, but you might enjoy it.

Outside of Ybor on Saturday night Sean Cusick is playing over at Bahasa Lounge. If you need info on where the club is located just go to:

http://www.bahasalounge.com/cusick.htm

Oh, and I can't forget about Hyde Park Cafe, the music there might also be your "cup of tea"

Friday night again either go to Level 3, or to The Masquerades, where the Halluciantion crew are throwing a great party with Josh Wink, Three, Jask, Jackal & Hyde, and more.

Have fun :)

Originally posted by CHRles

Outside of Ybor on Saturday night Sean Cusick is playing over at Bahasa Lounge. If you need info on where the club is located just go to:

http://www.bahasalounge.com/cusick.htm

This looks like a fun place.... I'm gonna see if my buddie knows where its at........

Please tell me Sean Cusik spins HOUSE music:cool:

werd lola. Check out Hyde Park Cafe, Ybor is basically cheesey, lots of college kids and just mainstream hip-hop and "dance" music although i can truly say that i spend my fare share of night in full drunken glory in Ybor. :tongue:

fyi-sasha is there on the 26th.

Originally posted by digital7

Laura, this saturday DJ Buck from Leaf Recordings will be playing @ DJ Three's party called Snatch @ Hyde Park Cafe.. If there's one place you gotta go on a saturday is to HPC

Any party named SNATCH sounds like a good time to me....

Okay, now I think I'm going to Hyde Park Cafe;)

Thanxx Danny:kiss2:

There's only one or two Clubs worth going out for....

I suggest hit St. Pete's and checkout the Salvador Dali Museum...

Prob the best Dali exhbit in the Americas

Have fun and stay outta trouble...

You gotta bring that :bootysha: home in one piece ;)

Originally posted by vicman

werd lola. Check out Hyde Park Cafe, Ybor is basically cheesey, lots of college kids and just mainstream hip-hop and "dance" music although i can truly say that i spend my fare share of night in full drunken glory in Ybor. :tongue:

fyi-sasha is there on the 26th.

daang same thing here