Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The #s are in. GT 40 vs Ferrari vs Porsche

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

The #s are in. GT 40 vs Ferrari vs Porsche

Car and Driver...

Wonder what you euro trash lovers are gonna say when you read the artilce?

Well let me quote some of the article for you.

Ford GT 40 150 grand

Ferrari Challenge Stradale 200 grand

Porsche 911 GT 3 100 grand

"It wasn't even a contest! The ford GT so compleetely dusted off its two highly recognized competittors that we had wanted to make this a real challenge we would have to go way up the "supercar" price ladder. The 400 grabd Saleen S7 is about as quick as the ford Gt. and we know of only one care that would surely outrun the Ford, the 659 thousand dollar Enzo Ferrari."

BTW the article does go on to mention if they used the 192 grand GT2, "based on previous experience , we doubt it would have been fast enough to offset it's higher price"

The GT 40 beat both of them by over 2 seconds a lap

It beat both of them by 7 seconds to 150mph..

Ran an 11.6 in the 1/4 mile, besting the 12.3 and 12.4 times of the 911 and FCS

0-60 in 3.3

The gt 40 does 0-170mph in the same time the other two do 0-150mph....

Now here comes you euro trash lovers to bash it... But how can you? All 3 cars are street race cars, none of them have any ametities. There is zero comparision to driving a reg car, so keep it in the context that its a race car for the street...

ford built the GT to compete with Ferrari ...Ferrari just makes ferraris..

they dont suffer from complexes stemming from the fact that Ford was denied the right to purchase Ferrari back in the day cause they wanted to turn production from hand to assembly line. Enzo nixed that shit right quick...its bad enough ford owns Volvo and Jaguar.

when u dedicate ur life to one thing...ur gona be good at it..as is the case with the GT...thats like being a "defensive stopper" in any sport...u really suck...but all u do is play defense and ur good at it..

i'm going to say "who cares, none of us can afford any of them :aright:"

who cares, none of us can afford any of them... :aright:

oh, and i'd still save myself 50g and buy the GT3... i'll probably end up buying one in a few years... depreciation is a bitch these days... and i'll probably be able to get one a year or 2 old for a good price... ;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by joeg

i'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but you are paying for more than just an engine when you buy a car... :aright:

comparing speed Vs price is never accurate.

that is pretty stupid to say.....

every mag considers price into the equation.

all 3 cars here are on the same level, they are all bare bones street race cars thus prics is a huge factor.. I really don't know hwy i read this board anymore.. :blown:

Originally posted by saleen351

that is pretty stupid to say.....

every mag considers price into the equation.

all 3 cars here are on the same level, they are all bare bones street race cars thus prics is a huge factor.. I really don't know hwy i read this board anymore.. :blown:

god you're stupid... i'm reffering to the comment about the pantera... the pantera goes for 20-40k but its no ferrari/porsche/etc...

and theres more that comes into play when buying a car... personal prefference, interior styling, features, etc....

i mean, if i lived in FLA i'd probably buy different cars than i've bought living in NJ where it snows like a motherfucker...

Originally posted by joeg

i mean, if i lived in FLA i'd probably buy different cars than i've bought living in NJ where it snows like a motherfucker...

or upstate NY where it also snows like a motherfucker :(

ain't it the truth...

i'd probably still be with the MR2 in florida, except i'd have the roof off more days than not

Originally posted by cintron

or upstate NY where it also snows like a motherfucker :(

ain't it the truth...

i'd probably still be with the MR2 in florida, except i'd have the roof off more days than not

lol... well you're definately a purist... you certainly didn't go with a winter-friendly car, even in albany...

although, ironically enough... i'd probably be driving a TT in FLA... I really do love AWD, even in the dry weather...

whatever... i just dismantled my own point... lol...

all jokes aside... i think we can ALL agree that we'd love to drive any of them... but personal prefferance is what would make saleen choose the gt40, or make me choose the Porsche... or whatever... its not like any of them suck...

i moved to fl from nj 2 years ago, thing is, convertibles are rare down here... go figure..

really? i couldn't imagine having a car that wasn't a convertable down there...

hey, btw... i remember a while back you were thinking of buying a new ride? did you end up with the c4 or 5? or still waiting?

Guest saleen351

i was, but i lost my job, just there after. But i start my new one on jan 2, so i'm thinking used 5.0 for a while, then a new car..

I gotta get rid of my probe

I gotta get rid of my probe

youre telling me youve been dissing the import guys all this time while you've been rocking a ford probe?

DONT EVEN SPEAK ANYMORE. Your word is now considered WORTHLESS until you start making more horsepower than ONE of my testicles.

Originally posted by cintron

youre telling me youve been dissing the import guys all this time while you've been rocking a ford probe?

DONT EVEN SPEAK ANYMORE. Your word is now considered WORTHLESS until you start making more horsepower than ONE of my testicles.

Make that an ANAL probe.. Damn.. that is rediculous.

So how does the probe compare to the GT?

Any chance I can buy a 5.0 a put GT stickers all over it and call it a GT 40?

I'm going down to Jacksonville in late January to look at a 1973 Pantera with a steel GT5 conversion. It's running about 400 hp now, but the motor I am getting built will put out over 600hp, normally aspirated, no nitrous, on pump gas.

Check this out:

Ford 351 Dart Aluminum block w/ 4bolt mains, stroked to 408 cubic inches.

Forged crank, hbeam connecting rods, forged pistons. The entire rotating assembly balanced. Compression ratio 11.0 to 1.

Aftermarket 4 valve aluminum heads, stainless steel valves.

Individual runner, cross ram fuel injection.

Nice!

Originally posted by laraver

Ford 351 Dart Aluminum block w/ 4bolt mains, stroked to 408 cubic inches.

:drool:

Forged crank, hbeam connecting rods, forged pistons. The entire rotating assembly balanced. Compression ratio 11.0 to 1.

:drool::drool:

Aftermarket 4 valve aluminum heads

:drool::drool::drool:

Yeah I think you're going to have fun. I hear finding parts for panteras is hard as hell though.

DEF. post pics when you get ahold of it

Body parts are hard to get.

You don't want to have to do any work on the ZF transmission (expensive and hard to find someone competent to do it)

Mechanical parts are easy, especially for the motor (It's a Ford) so you can get most of that stuff from a Ford dealer. That means that there are tons of performance parts available in the aftermarket. Tuneups can be done by any local competent shop. Engine rebuilds can stay under 10K, compared to over 15K to rebuild just the heads of a Lambo or Ferrari.

There are a lot of vendors (Hall, Wilkinson, Pantera International, Future Auto, Colorado Performance, etc)

You just need to make sure that the car you buy is rust free.