Clubplanet Nightlife Community

In the todays paper...SSH

SEASIDE HEIGHTS -- Bars and night clubs in the borough will be able to remain open until 4 a.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday between Memorial Day and the Tuesday after Labor Day.

_

The Borough Council Wednesday night amended a municipal ordinance and adding Friday and Sunday to the 4 a.m. closing days for any establishment holding a liquor license.

_

In adopting the ordinance, the council is hoping the later closings will make Seaside Heights more attractive to tourists and reduce traffic congestion during the borough's busy season.

_

Bars and clubs have had 4 a.m. closings on Saturday night for the past three years, Police Chief Thomas Boyd said. The ordinance change, which the council passed unanimously, was supported by borough police.

_

"I've worked nights for 12 years, and with the 4 a.m. closing the number of fights at the clubs has decreased and so have traffic problems," Boyd said.

_

"Letting people drift out of bars at 4 a.m. is easier for our department than pushing them all out at 2 a.m.," Boyd said. "Patrons can finish their drinks, conversations and food and leave slowly. That's why I was in favor of it."

_

Robert Brower, a borough resident, told the committee "club owners have done a beautiful job. They deserve it (the 4 a.m. closing.)"

_

Club owners pushed for the change so Seaside Heights can compete with other resort areas that already have later closings.

"I've worked nights for 12 years, and with the 4 a.m. closing the number of fights at the clubs has decreased and so have traffic problems," Boyd said.

"Letting people drift out of bars at 4 a.m. is easier for our department than pushing them all out at 2 a.m.," Boyd said. "Patrons can finish their drinks, conversations and food and leave slowly. That's why I was in favor of it."

tell me this guy isnt getting a kickback