A BIG problem on CP...

biznation00

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by biznation00

Some people can't seem to express how they truly feel about something or someone in the "real" world. So instead, they register a screen name, talk up a bunch of smack & sit behind their shield of a Monitor.

Imagine if this message board was a big reality room where everyone in cp held different discussions about clubs, music & life. How many of these internet gladiators would really stand up & say what they say on here?

In the end, "it's a message board, it's all in good fun".. That's the biggest crock of sh_t I've ever heard. When you insult someone on a public board, you're insulting them period! :rolleyes:

:nopity:

Originally posted by funketeer

You use the term "Internet Gladiator" in a diminishing way...yet, you give props to Saleen...who's a lion on the boards but a chicken in real person...I don't get it...all this rethoric baffles me sometimes...I think everyone should relax and expect a little bit of chaos here and there. I don't know, it's the anarchist in me that loves chaos, I guess...I don't glorify industry folks, promoters, club owners, djs, etc...man, all the characters aforementioned are there to serve a purpose and ultimately deliver a service...while, of course...filling up their pockets to capacity...nothing wrong with that.

You see? It's the ass-kissing and the glorifying that confuses industry folks and inflates their egoes to ridiculous heights...I know I'm not alone when I say that I love each and every soul that generates fun events for all of us music lovers to attend...I respect you all and i wish you nothing but the best...but...have it very clear, not all clubbers are created equal and not all board-members are created equally either...to use Philippio and Saleen as examples of what a clubber and a board-member is an anomally...it just so happens that this two dumbasses have enough time on their hands to bullshit the way they do and that is plain for everyone to see...I can imagine pig-boy on the phone all day snooping into private business that does not concern him...basicaly, a businessman nightmare...killinhg the element of surprise...revealing confidential infirmation that could harm the success of a venture...I don't know...it's just childish attention eager behaviour...respect from the Funk...but, asskissing and glorifying...never...not even in a million years.

happy holiday Biz

FUNKETEER

Funk,

I'm a bit confused, not sure how to interpret your post. Anyway, for one, Saleen & I don't agree on the sky being blue, aside from the fact that we seldomly talk. We exchange very few words when we stumble upon each other and that's about it. But my experience with Nick has been that if he doesn't agree with you on the board or directs something on the board your way, then chances are that you might expect the same in person (like I said, it's been my experience with him). Your experience, along with many other people on this board may vary in the case of Saleen. He's far from being a cp model ciziten in my book. However you dislike or disagree with him more than I do.

As for the internet Gladiator remark, yes I use it in a diminishing way because that's the way I view people like phillipio. That's my definition of it. He has no experience with or knows very little about people like Louis Puig, Oscar G, etc. yet he does nothing but lash out at them or their efforts. Worst of all is that he wouldn't imagine sayin' half these things to Louis or Oscar directly. He uses CP as a stage to glorify his character in a way which I can't comprehend.

In reference to your statement reagarding what the ideal board member is.. I don't expect there to be a model board member or a model clubber. We're all different people & we all act in different ways. I enjoy chaos & drama and I occasionally enjoy being in a heated argument or discussion (minus the disrespect). I'm not searching for a drama free board, or a chaos free world. All I expect is for some people to save the hate/envy replies for another discussion on another board. Speak your mind, don't be constructive for all I care, just don't make it a hate/envy issue on here. When the hate/envy posts out do the informative & fun posts as it has been lately, then it makes me think twice about flipping thru the pages on all these topics... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by biznation00

Funk,

I'm a bit confused, not sure how to interpret your post. Anyway, for one, Saleen & I don't agree on the sky being blue, aside from the fact that we seldomly talk. We exchange very few words when we stumble upon each other and that's about it. But my experience with Nick has been that if he doesn't agree with you on the board or directs something on the board your way, then chances are that you might expect the same in person (like I said, it's been my experience with him). Your experience, along with many other people on this board may vary in the case of Saleen. He's far from being a cp model ciziten in my book. However you dislike or disagree with him more than I do.

As for the internet Gladiator remark, yes I use it in a diminishing way because that's the way I view people like phillipio. That's my definition of it. He has no experience with or knows very little about people like Louis Puig, Oscar G, etc. yet he does nothing but lash out at them or their efforts. Worst of all is that he wouldn't imagine sayin' half these things to Louis or Oscar directly. He uses CP as a stage to glorify his character in a way which I can't comprehend.

In reference to your statement reagarding what the ideal board member is.. I don't expect there to be a model board member or a model clubber. We're all different people & we all act in different ways. I enjoy chaos & drama and I occasionally enjoy being in a heated argument or discussion (minus the disrespect). I'm not searching for a drama free board, or a chaos free world. All I expect is for some people to save the hate/envy replies for another discussion on another board. Speak your mind, don't be constructive for all I care, just don't make it a hate/envy issue on here. When the hate/envy posts out do the informative & fun posts as it has been lately, then it makes me think twice about flipping thru the pages on all these topics... :rolleyes:

I'm with you brother, respect! :aright::rock:

Ok, so whats going on? Has Philippio been banned or something?:laugh:

Sobeton, is there any way to delete specific posts instead of entire threads? Sometimes people come on with legitimate reviews and then others fuck them all up with hate posts (remember the Nerve situation?). If you could delete posts like that I think it would be great.

BTW..Great thread Biz!!!

:D

great thread biz. let me say what this board means to me.

first off i hope that the drama has come to an end. its sick how some can have such hate for something that

a) they dont understand

B) just say shit to get attention (ive been known for that ) but never in a flammatory or insulting way of course.

I love this board not only for the great people ive met here. and party every weekend with but also for the knowledge the industry people like oscar, stryke(when he posted more), LP, marcos and biz.. among others bring to this board.

i too like a lot of u have become addicted to the board. but i realize that these people are real people and u do hurt their feelings by talkin shit.

all i can say is i hope this drama ends and is OVer cuz this board is my favorite board online and i just hope it gets back to normal soon

peace

Originally posted by CrzyC

Sobeton, is there any way to delete specific posts instead of entire threads? Sometimes people come on with legitimate reviews and then others fuck them all up with hate posts (remember the Nerve situation?). If you could delete posts like that I think it would be great.:D

yes, specific posts instead of entire threads can be deleted. there is also an option under each post called "Report this post to a moderator" .which is generally used to report cases of spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. also there is an option to add any member to your . Ignore List by clicking on the member’s profile and clicking on "add to ignore list " at the very bottom. this will take the members posts out of view on your browser.