Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Freeedom Tower???? gimmie a break

What a disgrace...

I agree with Guliani when he says its just a testiment to corporate greed, and not a real tribute to 9-11. There definately needs to be some kind of memorial there to remember one of our country's greatest tragedies, if not the single greatest. Why put another huge "target" there? I think its a joke....

Originally posted by youarehot99

What a disgrace...

I agree with Guliani when he says its just a testiment to corporate greed, and not a real tribute to 9-11. There definately needs to be some kind of memorial there to remember one of our country's greatest tragedies, if not the single greatest. Why put another huge "target" there? I think its a joke....

I think it serves as a great memorial and if our fuckin country would do a proper job with security this would never have happened. Corporate my ass, the point is to show we won't be put down. Man act like ya got some sense.:tongue:

I got some sense...I'm on the side of the families who want a memorial there. I could never understand what they went through/are going through. And we dont have to build another stupid building to show "we wont be put down." Remember the bombings????? We practically blew Afghanistan off the map...that was what we did to show "we wont be put down."

And as far as security goes...if someone puts that much time and effort into something like that, there is no way you can stop it. Even with the current increase in airline security, something like that can happen any day. Things like that could happen with regular old suicide bombers, in the subways, anywhere...ya cant blame it on the country's security.

Originally posted by joeg

just to play devil's advocate for a sec... isn't it kind of fitting considering the WTC was a giant corporate building? Lots of jobs were in those towers... it couldn't hurt to get that going again...

exactly, so many more ppl got hurt due to job losses.

so youarehot99, your not thinkin this through and if you read they are still building a memorial, ppl like you that need to read all the facts before talkin shit.

Originally posted by iamsamurai

exactly, so many more ppl got hurt due to job losses.

so youarehot99, your not thinkin this through and if you read they are still building a memorial, ppl like you that need to read all the facts before talkin shit.

I wasnt "talking shit." I was simply stating my opinion that I didnt agree with the decision. Talking shit would be saying something like, "if your IQ doesnt equl the # of floors on the new building, dont try to talk politics and sound intellegent kid." ;)

Originally posted by youarehot99

I wasnt "talking shit." I was simply stating my opinion that I didnt agree with the decision. Talking shit would be saying something like, "if your IQ doesnt equl the # of floors on the new building, dont try to talk politics and sound intellegent kid." ;)

i dont need to try, i know what i'm talking about. I know many ppl who suffered losses, financially and family. In the long run, rebuilding is the best move for the ppl and for NYC in general.

iam on mixed feelings with this design

i mean the tower itself looks not that bad but it only goes up 60 floors and then the rest is windmills? give me a break they had to make a 1776 foot tower and use almost half of it on those windmills thats kinda dumb if you ask me, and iam really not feeling the other buildings that go with the freedom tower they are all the same.

they should have made all the other architects who proposed their designs, make the other world trade center buildings, give it a little diversity or somethin. i agree that they shouldent building nothing over the footprints leave it for a memorial

Bottom line: Its doesnt matter what you want or what we want, or what the families want.

Its private property, just as your home is. Everyone wants to see a memorial on some scale, and the city needs to have those offices re-opened. I think in this case everyone has won.

The people who died will have the worlds largest building as a tribute to them, and the worlds greatest city will show it cant be shut down buy building back up.