Clubplanet Nightlife Community

centro fly 18+ now

joe81

Originally posted by bassboy

How are they doing there? I haven't heard a thing about it...

there's your answer ;)

i've been there a couple times since they reopened, definitely liked it better before.

the only time i actually enjoyed it was for roger sanchez, and he could be playing in penn station and i'd still go for it ;) so im biased i suppose.

Originally posted by brandie

there's your answer ;)

i've been there a couple times since they reopened, definitely liked it better before.

the only time i actually enjoyed it was for roger sanchez, and he could be playing in penn station and i'd still go for it ;) so im biased i suppose.

Yeah, I was there for Roger Sanchez. It was my first time hearing him spin and I have to say he was pretty good. I like the new setup for Centro, the way they have the dancefloor now is alot more convenient than the way it used to be, IMO.

Originally posted by pk1

I like the new setup for Centro, the way they have the dancefloor now is alot more convenient than the way it used to be, IMO.

sorry but i STRONGLY disagree.

The entrance before was much much smoother, and the flow was just so much better.

Walk in, pay, and boom...ur in, close to the bar...and all the familiar faces we love to see.

Now I feel like I'm the troll in the freakin' Labrinyth. Walking this way and that to first check my coat, then walk up stairs to a cock-eyed dance floor.

On the flip side, I love the bar in the back, and the added standing room. I love the VIP to the left, when walking from the stairs to the bar. A VIP overlooking the dancefloor is cool.

Sorry to sound kinda negative... just my opinion. :)

To each his/her own. I just liked the fact that it was comfortable to dance on the mainfloor. The old setup had late arrivals walking through the dancefloor to check your coat or go downstairs causing a chainreaction of people bumping into each other and stepping on toes. We didnt experience that during the night we went so maybe we were lucky.

I saw S-man at the newly renovated Centro-fly as well. I didn't like it at first, I missed the decor and noticed a considerable loss of space to the dance floor. The speaker towers also felt out of place.

But on the plus side, they extended the bar and added more places to sit. The prices for drinks have gone WAY DOWN. $4 FOR BEER! You can't beat that anywhere in the city.

Later in the night, my friend and I sat at the area behind the DJ booth. You can't see the dance floor and the sound was warbled. My friend joked about it, said he felt like he was in detention.:blank:

The new entry felt awkward at first but pk1 is right. I hated people coming late crossing the floor trying to get to coat check or leaving the bar with drinks in hand. No one bumping me but fellow dancers riding on Roger's groove.

Now, the club just needs to get decent acts. They seemed hard pressed with all the new clubs opening up.