Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC is NOT THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN

vaughanz

In fact I just got an email just a second ago from the masterlist, which I think is the biggest crap they are going to do. Now we got WMC going up against M3.

It's like, what the fuck happend to the year calender we live with. 12 fucking months and they had to land it on WMC week. I guess people just like competition. They just don't realize that everyone that comes to Miami for WMC does not even attend the WMC, they come to PARTY.

The only thing I can say now is goodluck to M3 and I hope they know what they are doing.

obviously they aim to take advantage of all the people in town for WMC, rather than compete against it, every year there are a number of workshops and little things that happen outside of the offical WMC, this is obviously just another one of those, they may want you to think it's like a whole 'nother conference and all but that's just marketing...

are you guys sure the M3 summit is a seprate event from WMC?

i was under the impression based on the discription in the mail out that it was just another name for the events that happen at the WMC hotel. i mean, they have the EXACT same things going on at M3 as they do at the WMC hotel ie...workshops, poolside showcases etc...david prince also changed the name of his master list from the 'WMC master list' to the 'M3 master list' for this year even though he is still going to list all the WMC events in it like he does ever year. david was sponsered by WMC the last couple years so maybe they (WMC) have just adopted davids M3 name for certin events under the WMC unbrella such as the hotel stuff and the master list.

that's the impression i got anyway...

i could be totally wrong in that though.

Originally posted by marick

are you guys sure the M3 summit is a seprate event from WMC?

i was under the impression based on the discription in the mail out that it was just another name for the events that happen at the WMC hotel. i mean, they have the EXACT same things going on at M3 as they do at the WMC hotel ie...workshops, poolside showcases etc...david prince also changed the name of his master list from the 'WMC master list' to the 'M3 master list' for this year even though he is still going to list all the WMC events in it like he does ever year. david was sponsered by WMC the last couple years so maybe they (WMC) have just adopted davids M3 name for certin events under the WMC unbrella such as the hotel stuff and the master list.

that's the impression i got anyway...

i could be totally wrong in that though.

Yup...got the email too...and am also very confused as to the change in list titles and all of that....hmmmmmm...I get the impression though that its different events.....here's what the actual email says:

.....................................................................................................

The dates are set — M3: Miami Music & Multimedia will take place in Miami Beach, Florida on March 5 - 9, 2004, and aims to be the United States' premier music industry gathering, helping the electronic and independent music community understand and adapt to new technologies and the business' rapidly changing demands.

The M3 Summit will offer four days and five nights of high-level seminars and discussions, private spaces for business and networking, poolside artist showcases, and access to select parties and events throughout the entire week.

The M3 Masterlist (formerly the Miami Master List) will once again be the most complete and accurate guide to every event, party, and happening in Miami Beach and the surrounding area throughout the entire week. You're already subscribed to the list — please note that future emails will come from "M3 Masterlist" updates@m3masterlist.com, not "DJ Prince" djprince@miamimasterlist.com.

Miami Beach is going to be packed during the week of March 5 - 9, 2004, so don't delay in making your travel plans. We can help you secure hotel rooms and discounted flights.

the criteria is the same, the events are the same, the master list is the same, the aim is the same, the target crowd is the same, the limited access to select parties is the same and the time peroid is the same...

again...that just reads like it's the exact same thing. all that happened is WMC & david prince are collaborating on the actual business part of the conference and calling it the M3 summit.

NIGHT & DAY... Same dates... TOTALLY different places and people behind it!

I personally think they are a bit more on top of the industry and bit more up-to-date and will prove to be a better "conference" and workshop. This might get some flak from some peeps but they have some serious industry peeps behind them!!!