Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New to the Miami scene

miamimonk

I am a college guy new to the miami scene, well new to the club scene pretty much as the only club I have ever wondered into in my life is Rumi, which was nice, but not my age group so I wasn't feeling it as much as I thought. I am lookin for a good time anywhere its happening and want to know what the best place for college students to go to. Some of my friends go to opium and mynt, but I want your opinions. What do you think?

First of all, you want to get away from the college crowd. Best thing I ever did when I was in school.

Quickie rundown of places to go:

Space

Nerve

Privilege

Blue

crobar

Nocturnal (opening soon)

For event listings, free entry to these venues and more, go on over here...there's a messageboard too. :cool:

Space -best music IMHO (mostly house but will have ocasssional trance :)

crobar -(my fav club overall venue wise but not many guests brought in.. u have to go for edgar v though)

nerve-(small and cozy- great guests)

privilege (havent been but then again im not into techno)

blue (havent been sounds good from what a fellow board member told me this weekend)

nocturnal (gonna be great)

dont forget envy though pod.. though it never gets too crowded . afterhours i hear are very good.

It's a write-off in my mind. I woulda gone for PM Sessions, but only for Marco, Bruno, and Nelson... I woulda felt dirty otherwise...place is gonna be shut by season end.

I would also suggest keeping your eyes out for anything thrown by the Aquabooty crew, and the DHM boys on their own as well.

First of all, you want to get away from the college crowd. Best thing I ever did when I was in school.

Just curious as to why I should sway away from the college crowd, sounds like an idea but hard to do when the only people you know in miami are your college friends

Originally posted by miamimonk

Just curious as to why I should sway away from the college crowd, sounds like an idea but hard to do when the only people you know in miami are your college friends

Well, around here, the college kids tend to be obnoxious alcoholics...you'll do better with the people you meet on the boards...:cool:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by miamimonk

how do you guys meet ? Do you set up a certain spot in the club to meet or just end up running into each other?

Easy way to meet a few of us, post a pic, and go to Nerve on friday.