Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What makes for a successful nightclub?

With so many self proclaimed experts on the board... what are the top 5 key attributes that make up a successful nightclub? Start with #5 being important and end with #1 being an absolute necessity, something any club would not survive without in this area.

Club Layout, Theme and Decor, Dancefloor, Sound System, Lighting, Music, Djs, Promoters, Bartenders, Advertising and PR, Radio Advertising, Decor, Pricing, Women, Crowd, Vip Treatment, Dress Code, Management, Location

Save all the smart ass remarks and comments about drugs for another thread please. I listed some things to think about, but add whatever you feel is necessary.

Originally posted by njdionysus

With so many self proclaimed experts on the board... what are the top 5 key attributes that make up a successful nightclub? Start with #5 being important and end with #1 being an absolute necessity, something any club would not survive without in this area.

Club Layout, Theme and Decor, Dancefloor, Sound System, Lighting, Music, Djs, Promoters, Bartenders, Advertising and PR, Radio Advertising, Decor, Pricing, Women, Crowd, Vip Treatment, Dress Code, Management, Location

Save all the smart ass remarks and comments about drugs for another thread please. I listed some things to think about, but add whatever you feel is necessary.

Everything you stated is very true and 100% on the money.

Great examples of clubs that have doen these things are Abyss (13 Years and going) Sound Garden, Joeys (Clifton and Surf). Temps, Djais, Bar-A. All these places have been able to adapt to the trends and continue to go strong.

Thats just my opinion.:D

Goin off of the really good parties that get thrown...I would have to say crowd...particularly Women...cuz we'll go wherever they go

Look at Diva...not the best venue..Tusday is not a big club night...but the place is jumpin every Tues. bcuz they pull a lot of hot girls and the guys follow...

Same goes with Tempts...Denny gets on at 3:30 and talks about how great WE make the place...he does his part too but you know the vibe is one of a kind there

Personally I do not think there is any perfect recipe. If there was one there would be successful clubs everywhere.

But I do think that having a good promotional team, and professionsl/mature club management plays a huge role.

Look at Hunka Bunka great venue...good looking people, good promotions/ers, but management in my opinion ruined that place.

peanut butter jelly and drugs

Originally posted by carguy19

When the promoters actually work :D

I'll be seeing you soon Joe !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HOPE YOU'RE NOT TALKIN ABOUT US CARL.

STOP BEING SO BITTER

YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL YOUR FRIEND OWNS A RESTURAUNT SO YOU HAVE A PLACE TO WORK

I SUPPOSE HAVING 3 PARTIES MEANS I DON'T WORK???

KEEP POPIN OFF AT THE MOUTH & I'LL PULL VINNIE T

OUT THIS SAT AND JOE GIO FOR GOOD.

ALL YOU DO IS COPY WHAT ELITE DOES. STOP MAKING YOURSELF LOOK STUPID.

WAIT & SEE WHAT ELITE HAS IN STORE FOR JAN / FEB.

YOU CLASSICS WARRIOR

Originally posted by vip-tech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HOPE YOU'RE NOT TALKIN ABOUT US CARL.

STOP BEING SO BITTER

YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL YOUR FRIEND OWNS A RESTURAUNT SO YOU HAVE A PLACE TO WORK

I SUPPOSE HAVING 3 PARTIES MEANS I DON'T WORK???

KEEP POPIN OFF AT THE MOUTH & I'LL PULL VINNIE T

OUT THIS SAT AND JOE GIO FOR GOOD.

ALL YOU DO IS COPY WHAT ELITE DOES. STOP MAKING YOURSELF LOOK STUPID.

WAIT & SEE WHAT ELITE HAS IN STORE FOR JAN / FEB.

YOU CLASSICS WARRIOR

Hey Pitek you forgot one thing with your post.

vaseline.jpg

Jeffrey,

Vinny wants to work with me this week buddy, and see if Joe wants to give up what I've done for him...... wait I'll answer for you, not a fucking chance. I don't feel threatened by any of your parties buddy. If I was bitter and wanted to backstab you back I could take one of your gigs right now, Im not like that though. Taste saturday does about what Diva and sleep do together bro, where is your 3rd party?? Am I missing something??. Copy you BWAHAHAHHAHAHAAAH, if I did that Taste would be empty like the places you promote at. Better start looking around in the car biz buddy. It's funny how you are so defensive bro, I dropped this issue months ago.

For the record, I wasn't referring to you guys, so call me and ask next time before you make an ass out of yourself.......again.

I'll see you at Vinnys birthday party on jan 10th at Taste, I'll buy you a drink and we'll squash this. I though we did already, but you had to bring it up again.

Carl

this is totally tasteless to take it here.

You guys are both gonnalook like idiots if this goes on and its gonna start bulklshit promoter wars

Originally posted by kostaP

Carl

this is totally tasteless to take it here.

You guys are both gonnalook like idiots if this goes on and its gonna start bulklshit promoter wars

You're right Kosta, it's funny how he brought something up that was totally unrealted to me. It was uncalled for.

Jeff if you thought I was referring to you my bad, it had nothing to do with you.

As most of you know I'm no promoter, but I was hoping for some serious answers here. Personally I'd say #1 would have to be girls, good looking girls! Is this why South Beach continues to make a name for itself? If you do not have a nightclub full of good looking girls, what do you have? Without them I havent seen a nightclub have a successful run other than Junior at Twilo back in the day, but thats a whole different story... you HAD TO bring girls WITH you and the music was fucking outta control!!!

You're right Kosta, it's funny how he brought something up that was totally unrealted to me. It was uncalled for.

Jeff if you thought I was referring to you my bad, it had nothing to do with you.

is a promoter war, when two people who can't get babes, and don't have a penny to their name, get into a fight?? lmao

pretty much everything u said makes a great nightclub.

everything needs to be good in one way or another.....

teh dj and actual layout of the venue would most important i think. but everything u stated is right on the money..

the best way the answer this question is to find the place that is the “ standard “ and you really can’t fight this cause the place has been around longer than most!!!!!!!

the big word here is integrity cause what ever they do they do Right soundgarden Lodi

and yeah i work there and i've worked everywhere

How about a club where people don't feel they are getting ripped off left and right. The industry reallly should re examine the value if their product ie CD prices getting cheaper. It's a lot cheaper to get a dvd and a bottle of wine and stay home then it is to go out. The nightclub industry has basically offered the same product for 30 years now w/o much change. It's not worth it for people to go out like they used to. Entertainment-wise there is too much competition for people's money. $10-12 covers in NJ?? give me a break! The industry is dying and you're raising prices!!!!!! $7-8 drinks??? That's just jersey ...NYC is another story

just a thought-feelgood

Den Fridays -resident

Platinum Saturdays monthly resident

Originally posted by notallthere444

Nah they throw flyers at each other till someone gets knocked down.

do ya think they stiffed the printer, photographer and artist- on those flyers??? lmao- or did they promise them free drinks instead-lmfao