Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What to do on X-mas night

littlehelper

that's strange i got there 11:20. did you go to the wrong door?

Originally posted by moto

I stopped by around 11:30 w/a couple of friends (after going to this boring/stuffy X-mass party) & the place was closed, so we just went home. What time did it finally open? :confused:

they told me that it usually picks up at 2 and closes at 3. i left 1:45, so i don't know. some of us have jobs, i can't stay that late on a thursday night usually. i'm just glad i finally went to see what the hype was about. you can't please everybody, but it's all good. ah, who knows

Originally posted by vicman

might have closed earlier because it was Christmas and stuff. a few times i've been there it had been open until 7.

Originally posted by theblueangel

they told me that it usually picks up at 2 and closes at 3. i left 1:45, so i don't know. some of us have jobs, i can't stay that late on a thursday night usually. i'm just glad i finally went to see what the hype was about. you can't please everybody, but it's all good. ah, who knows

i know. thats why i cant really go out on thursday's. i guess it would have to be something extra-special to drag me out on a week night.

I went there last night, first time. it's a little too laid back for me but i might visit it again.

the place is laid back, the atmosphere unpretentious, a place to chill and relax. people from all walks of life seem to congregate there. It reminded me of an old french wine cellar where they replaced the floor, added some stools and speakers. Everything is red there, hence the name. when I first walked in, there was a terrible insence smell, similar to that store right before you walk into yoshitoshi. it was overwhelming. most of the people were smokers and covered it up.

most if not all wore jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes, 2 things i don't own (other than my gym shoes). Naturally i felt and looked out of place, and it was painfully obvious. I tried to look very casual at least my idea of it. The wonderul thing was there was none of that annoying "i am so trendy, i imitate everything i see on movie stars and vogue, to the point where i look like everyone else and can't think for myself". there were no drunk people like at 5 either, a definite plus. there was some deathly bored person sitting next to me. if felt so bad for him.

i didn't like the music at first. it started out really progressive but improved later as the night drew on. i'm more of a deep house person.

The people i spoke to were really cool there, very friendly and laid back. i'm very down to earth but not to that extent so i felt odd there. some people looked like they didn't take a bath in days. it's def not a see and be seen eye candy place, but that's probably what people like about it.

some girls made a bet and thought i was japanese, at least it was a good ice breaker. people always think i'm from every country except my own. :confused:

apparently: it gets crowded at 2 and closes at 3? wtf?

red is cool after a stressful day at work, but i have clearly been spoiled by beautiful nyc. kiss kiss habibti nyc.

were you sitting on the left side right when you walk in against the wall?? I got there about 11:30 and I think there was only one other perswon in there, besides that it was me 2 of my girlfriends and the bartender. I believe saeed came on around 12, wish I didn't start drinking at 4pm yesterday. Yes the incense was overwhelming, I politely asked if they could put them out, that was a must. I thought the beats were on point last ngiht, from what I remember........

Originally posted by pgiddy

were you sitting on the left side right when you walk in against the wall?? I got there about 11:30 and I think there was only one other perswon in there, besides that it was me 2 of my girlfriends and the bartender. I believe saeed came on around 12, wish I didn't start drinking at 4pm yesterday. Yes the incense was overwhelming, I politely asked if they could put them out, that was a must. I thought the beats were on point last ngiht, from what I remember........

did you not give me a cig at the end of the night? anyways the music was good at times, saeed got realyl techy and thro down some minimal techno at times. anwyays really weird crowd though. good meeting up with silvershoes, someone plz tell her saeed was there since 11 :idea:

yes, that was me the tourist. pink shirt, short hair, white coat.

who were you? i don't remember any guys there early except the staff and a guy with a suede coat, then again i didn't pay attention.

i thought the music got better later. when i left it started kicking. like i said, i'm more of a deep house person, it really depends on what you're into.

that insence was so fucking annoying, my clothes still smell like it.

is red normally like that?

Originally posted by addyk

did you not give me a cig at the end of the night? anyways the music was good at times, saeed got realyl techy and thro down some minimal techno at times. anwyays really weird crowd though. good meeting up with silvershoes, someone plz tell her saeed was there since 11 :idea:

it was good to see ya too. and i believe you. Saeed was there since 11 ;)

vicman, what happened to you???

blueangel, think I saw you there - you were sitting across the way the way from me I think - i was there with a bunch of italian guys - I was the curly hair gil in glasses dressed all in black, including my coat, because i was freezing my ass off most of the night.

I am from NYC, and its true, nothing really compares to that town. But red it a nice option. Its an unpretentious good time that I always enjoy. and despite having a full-time job, I try to make it out there on a Thursday night at least once a month. I may have to work on Friday, but its worth it. :cool:

did you not give me a cig at the end of the night?

hahahha your asking the wrong person, maybe if I hadn't been drinking since 4, generally I'm pretty good for the 1st 8 hrs but after that is when I start to get bad. Also it didn't help that they were giving my shots of GM, ughhhh. Was it a parliament? Hope you enjoyed it.....

yes, that was me the tourist. pink shirt, short hair, white coat.

who were you? i don't remember any guys there early except the staff and a guy with a suede coat, then again i didn't pay attention.

i thought the music got better later. when i left it started kicking. like i said, i'm more of a deep house person, it really depends on what you're into.

that insence was so fucking annoying, my clothes still smell like it.

is red normally like that?

I was at the bar with two girls.......it didn't look like you were having fun, ahhaha you definitely looked like a tourist, are you?? I was going to tell one of my friends to go and talk to you, but I think I ordered a drink instead and forgot. YES that incense is annoying and it is always like that. I just ask for them to put it out after awhile.

hahahha your asking the wrong person, maybe if I hadn't been drinking since 4, generally I'm pretty good for the 1st 8 hrs but after that is when I start to get bad. Also it didn't help that they were giving my shots of GM, ughhhh. Was it a parliament? Hope you enjoyed it.....

nah you said you where on your last one and gave me this dirty ass look. felt like wacking you bwaha. but tha may have been the booze telling me to do so. the bartender hooked me up with one later. all clubs need to be stocked up with death sticks. good shit. btw parliments?

nah you said you where on your last one and gave me this dirty ass look. felt like wacking you bwaha. but tha may have been the booze telling me to do so. the bartender hooked me up with one later. all clubs need to be stocked up with death sticks. good shit. btw parliments?

my bad, I do remembering waking up with no smokes, so it could've been the last or second to last. I'll give you two next time:aright:

Pfunks, recessed filter, so smooth..........