Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn" promoters & club owners

I'm doing this for my best friend, who will be probably be embarassed. His name Is DJ Mike Lokith.

I read drama everyday on this board about the talent of DJS in Jersey & I feel Mike is better or equal to anyone. Also he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Mike is friends with alot of DJS on here & can vouch how good he is. I know the DJ game is about who you know but I think alot of you promoters are missing a opportunity to bring new energy into your club.

He has played alot of huge venues (opening up for Jr.) & alot more.

I not asking for you to give him a residency, but after I read the same DJ names over & over it gets a little scary.

Just give him a try, what do you have to lose.

Mike can be reached by private messages

Unfortunately there are alot of DJ's in this situation.... If he wants to make a name for himself he's gotaa "get off his ass and get out there" ........ anywhere... even if it means playing for shitty money or even no money...... just get some exposure.... If he's any good he'll start to build a following......

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

Unfortunately there are alot of DJ's in this situation.... If he wants to make a name for himself he's gotaa "get off his ass and get out there" ........ anywhere... even if it means playing for shitty money or even no money...... just get some exposure.... If he's any good he'll start to build a following......

Alot of people on here know how good he is. He just wants a opportunity, just like everyone else.

to break into, unfortunately it takes more than talent. It takes marketing, persistence, and a little luck. Best to start at a small venue, and you never know when your lucky break may even walk in the door when you least expect it. Don't ever play for free, always get something, even drinks or something. If you play for free, you aren't sending a good message of what you are worth. Music costs money, get paid. Just my two cents.

The easiest way to start promoting yourself as a DJ is to make mix CD's ... I know alot of Dj's that got discovered because of mixtapes way back when.... Frankie Bones was a mix tape feind back in 84.... along with many others over the years... It's also a good way to raise funds to buy equipment/music......