Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Location?

I was wondering.. me and my friends wanna stay right in the middle of everything at the conference so we dont have to walk too far to any clubs or seminars.. any suggestions of where the middle is? and whats closer to the beach collins or washington?

thanx

Originally posted by dl77

I was wondering.. me and my friends wanna stay right in the middle of everything at the conference so we dont have to walk too far to any clubs or seminars.. any suggestions of where the middle is? and whats closer to the beach collins or washington?

thanx

u wanna stay in sobe doesnt matter where pretty much anythjing is in walking distance hotels and beach wise to some clubs some u need cabs for but there cheap i would recommend neither , roney palace , sheelbourne , blue moon , park central , breakwater , essex anythign in the central location

Originally posted by ludikruz

yeah but do you really want to walk 20 minutes every fuckin time u want to go to a club or ocean drive

alls i know is that each year i get a hotel closer and closer to the action.. fuck walking when you need those legs at night to dance

my 4 year progression

Banana Bungalow (even closer than roney.. way too fuckin far for my taste) > Tropics > Riande > Fairwind (this year)

all the hotels suited me fine, my only regrets were not being closer

yor right but whatever i do it

Originally posted by dl77

thanx

Collins is closer to the beach than Washington. And it really depends on which clubs, events, etc.. that you wanna go to because places like Space and Maze basically require a taxi whereas places like Crobar and B.E.D. are closer to walking distance if you stay towards the lower numbered streets. Last year I was at Roney and it was a little too far up Collins for my taste. Beautiful hotel, but I want something cheaper and closer this year.

i think it's best to stay on collins ave or ocean drive below 15th street.

you have to read tripadvisor.com alongside whatever hotels you're looking at. also travelocity.com has some frank reviews on all the hotels.

anything below 15th st will also be a smaller hotel, since it's still in the same art deco buildings of yesteryears. i actually prefer these hotels, it really is closer to everything and the walk back home from a club all f-ed up is a lot nicer knowing you only have about 2 blocks to schlep your @ss home. getting a taxi is not a problem - but sometimes they rip people off b/c it's not regulated there. i didn't want to deal with that.

i'll stay at the nicer hotels if i'm going there during a non-WMC time, when all i want to do is relax and hang out in style. i'm not looking to do that during the WMC. it's about being out, enjoying parties, and i can't walk in heels up and down collins ave back and forth from my hotel like i own the damn street.

i'm staying at aqua hotel - www.aquamiami.com. i was also considering Winterhaven, Ocean Five, Waldorf Towers, Tudor Hotel, the new Clinton Hotel. these all got decent/great reviews on tripadvisor.

Originally posted by kitty19

getting a taxi is not a problem - but sometimes they rip people off b/c it's not regulated there. i didn't want to deal with that.

It was so hard for me to get a taxi last year.. ughh.. it was a nightmare trying to get to Maze..

Originally posted by kitty19

getting a taxi is not a problem - but sometimes they rip people off b/c it's not regulated there. i didn't want to deal with that.

for us, getting a taxi was almost impossible at wmc 2k3, esp. on washington - anytime of the day or night. as was said earlier, its usually really nice in miami in march, so walk a bit ;)