Clubplanet Nightlife Community

if your not on a list dont bother

jennifer0017

Originally posted by ny2004

and what if we want to dress comfortable, and don't give two shits about what your faggot doorperson thinks of that?

and a really ugly one too, the tranny at the door looks like a 60 year old grandma with a face lift . I can't beleive he has a nerve to judge other ppl. :blown:

bc if you want to dress comfortable, you don't go to crobar . . . just like you wouldn't go to any other venue with a door policy . . . you wanna look like poo-poo, then go somewhere that doesn't give a shit what you look like. you wanna get into crobar, suck it up and step up to the standard. otherwise go somewhere else.

and the "faggot" doorperson is a better judge of fashion than you are, obviously, by any standard lol . . . otherwise they wouldn't have him doing the door . . . those two door people have also been working in this industry for forever . . . they are following crobar's policy of dress, type of crowd etc.

god i don't know whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this is such a problem . . . JUST PUT ON SOME NICE CLOTHES AND STOP BITCHING! ever since crobar has opened this board has been filled with posts about people who want to dress 'comfy' and get into an upscale club . . . you think we girls LIKE to have to put on uncomfortable high heels and tight pants etc all the time in order to look appropriate? if i want to dress comfy, i would go to a venue with no dress code. if i want to get into crobar i will dress nicely. not difficult to grasp.

Originally posted by bionic

you fucking people just don't get it.

you wanna dress comfortable, and "be yourself" go to dumps like arc, shelter, etc etc.

crobar is aiming towards getting back to what nyc nightlife used to be about. going out meant dressing nicer then you would if you were going to the gym.

i'm the first to admit that it's nice to be able to go out in jeans and sneakers, but i have to say, good for crobar for instilling some sort of door policy!!!

this going out looking like a damn slob phase needs to end.

there is a difference between dressing nicer and looking like a weirdo, which is what they want you to look like.

don't get me wrong, i am all for real door policy, just as long as its not aimed at normal straight people who dont want to dress up like freaks in order to go to the club

Originally posted by ny2004

there is a difference between dressing nicer and looking like a weirdo, which is what they want you to look like.

don't get me wrong, i am all for real door policy, just as long as its not aimed at normal straight people who dont want to dress up like freaks in order to go to the club

i'm sure that's not the case at crobar.

there are lots of factors at work in the door person's decision making process.

listen as was said, the door guy there, kenny ken (if i'm not mistaken), has been around for a long long time. he's knows how to run a door, and how to maintain the crowd they are gunning for.

he's actually really easy to get by, just be dressed, stylish.

sytlish doesn't mean freakish.

here's another tip that you'd all be surprised to find out how well it works. be pleasant to whoever is at the door at whatever club you're going to.

say hello, be friendly. it goes along way.

friends of mine used to think i had some magic gift for getting into more exclusive places. a little kindness goes a long way.

• 2 years later...